Need A List Of Treatment Centers In Thailand

ding

I need a list of treatment centers in Thailand. I know someone who wants to break from the bar scene but doesn't think he can. I'm thinking a tratment center would work. Any names, or details?

Thanks!

Ahh, you know someone... :)

Anonyme Alcoholics, maybe the first step...

Good luck, I'am clean for over 10 years

So typical huh? :D

Grats on your double digit sobriety! :D

Actually I've been sober in AA for many 24hrs myself, and just love the AA in Thailand.

Here's the resources I had from searching here before asking:

Khon Kaen Sa Yaa Sep Dtit

Center for Treatment of Drug Addiction

775 Moo 19, Amphur Muang,

Changwat Khon Kaen

Phone at center: 043-345 391-2, ext 311 or 314

Suan Prung Hospital, Chiang Mai

OPD contact Somsuk 086 917 8131

I was wondering if there are others I can recommend to people... or me -should I decide I'm cured!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's a list of some hospitals that have AA meetings and would be good for detoxing

Phramong kutklao hospital, BKK

Tel 0-2354-7600

28 ext 93189

Suan Prung psychiatric hospital, Chiang Mai

Tel 053-280-228-46

Aom Koi hospital, Chiang Mai

Tel 053-467-014 (Drug addiction)

Chiang Mai Drug Treatment Center

Tel 053-268-037-41

Khon Kaen Drug Treatment Center

Tel 043-345-391 – 2

Nakorn Pranom, Nakae group

Contact khun Suksan 081-056-7345

Kud Chum hospital, Yasothorn

Tel 045-789-426 ext 206, khun Kong 085-1029555

Phol hospital, Khon Kaen

Tel 043- 414-710

12 ext 135

Udorn Thani hospital

Tel 042-247-181 (psychiatric department)

Pak Thong Chai hospital, Nakorn Rajasima

Tel 044-441-011 (Drug addiction)

Chum Pae hospital, Khon Kaen

Tel 043-311-044 ext 239 (Drug addiction)

Nang Rong hospital, Buriram

Tel 044-624-531 (Drug addiction)

Korn Sawan hospital, Chai Ya Pum

Tel 044-889-022 (Drug addiction)

Phra Yuaen hospital, Khon Kaen

Tel 043-266-045 (Drug addiction)

Wapi Pratum hospital, Maha Sarakham

Tel 043-799-110 (Drug addiction)

Khon Kaen Psychiatric hospital

Tel 043-227-422 ext 2612, 2613

Apakorn hospital, Sattahip naval base

Chon Buri

Tel 038-437-172 (psychiatric department)

Might be helpful to 'sticky' a list of such places.

Edited by Neeranam

Pattaya and Jomptien have daily meetings of AA.

There is a dedicated drug and alcohol rehab for English speakers in Kanchaniburi.

Click here to see Channah's website.

It is extremely expensive and doesn't use the AA way but CBT.

Cost is relative, but is there something particularly wrong with CBT in your experience?

Pattaya and Jomptien have daily meetings of AA.

There is a dedicated drug and alcohol rehab for English speakers in Kanchaniburi.

Click here to see Channah's website.

It is extremely expensive and doesn't use the AA way but CBT.

Cost is relative, but is there something particularly wrong with CBT in your experience?

Yes, CBT didn't work for my alcoholism. It is for panic attacks and anxiety disorders I believe.

Edited by Neeranam

Yes, CBT didn't work for my alcoholism. It is for panic attacks and anxiety disorders I believe.

I think you may need to look at a bit more current research in relation to addictions and the use of CBT, maybe have a look at Kadden, Carrol, Ekers et Al, Alsop, Beck and the DoH national Frameworks. CBT is not only used for anxiety and depression, it is also the therapy of choice for the NHS in relation to addictions and also used for interventions in relation to pyschosis.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Cognitive-beh...t-used-for.aspx and in relation to psychosis

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Cognitive-beh...t-used-for.aspx

Whilst CBT initially was used as a core therapy for depression and anxiety, there is absolutely no doubt that it is a valuable therapy in the treatment of addiction as well. 12 step works well for some, but not others - and that is very much the case in relation to CBT. When dealing with people there is no one size fits all. In my experience often people work well with the CBT approach, but also supplement it with parts of AA, GA and NA, especially for the support mechanisms that those organisations have.

An interesting article, about how 12 step and CBT can compliment one another

There are other options such as DBT which is often used for people who have personality disorders, which again has been found to be a more effective approach. My own feeling is, that one should not discount other options just because it didn't work for them.

Sorry for my laziness in not referencing everything correctly in terms of date, title, page number etc - I'm a little lazy :) Think the links will be helpful.

"The Cabin Chiang Mai" is a drug and alcohol rehabilitation centre and follows the 12 step treatment programme for addiction.

I would be very happy to answer any questions you have or please check out our website to learn more

http://www.thecabinchiangmai.com

Edited by Sheryl
URL link added, member has become a sponsor

I think you may need to look at a bit more current research in relation to addictions and the use of CBT, maybe have a look at Kadden, Carrol, Ekers et Al, Alsop, Beck and the DoH national Frameworks. CBT is not only used for anxiety and depression, it is also the therapy of choice for the NHS in relation to addictions and also used for interventions in relation to pyschosis.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Cognitive-beh...t-used-for.aspx and in relation to psychosis

Whilst CBT initially was used as a core therapy for depression and anxiety, there is absolutely no doubt that it is a valuable therapy in the treatment of addiction as well. 12 step works well for some, but not others - and that is very much the case in relation to CBT. When dealing with people there is no one size fits all. In my experience often people work well with the CBT approach, but also supplement it with parts of AA, GA and NA, especially for the support mechanisms that those organisations have.

An interesting article, about how 12 step and CBT can compliment one another

There are other options such as DBT which is often used for people who have personality disorders, which again has been found to be a more effective approach. My own feeling is, that one should not discount other options just because it didn't work for them.

Sorry for my laziness in not referencing everything correctly in terms of date, title, page number etc - I'm a little lazy :D Think the links will be helpful.

All the above links are the same :) AND as I thought the top 3 things it can help are - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Phobias and Panic Disorder, Post-traumatic stress, with alcohol abuse(not alcoholism - do you know the difference?) in a small section along with facial tics and relationship problems.

it is also the therapy of choice for the NHS in relation to addictions
Do you have any links to where you got this information?

In my experience it is only treatment centres that charge lots of money that say CBT can treat alcoholism.

CBT may help people with cancer but it certainly doesn't help to cure it.

While CBT and 12 step programs are not the same, neither are they in any way incompatible.

There is in fact an element of CBT in 12 step programs e.g. the emphasis on correcting "stinking thinking"

Many people in AA/NA or other 12 step programs benefit by also being in therapy. Of course, it would important to choose a therapist supportive of the client's participation in a 12 step program.

All the above links are the same :D AND as I thought the top 3 things it can help are - Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Phobias and Panic Disorder, Post-traumatic stress, with alcohol abuse(not alcoholism - do you know the difference?) in a small section along with facial tics and relationship problems.
it is also the therapy of choice for the NHS in relation to addictions
Do you have any links to where you got this information?

In my experience it is only treatment centres that charge lots of money that say CBT can treat alcoholism.

CBT may help people with cancer but it certainly doesn't help to cure it.

Yes, I do know the difference and I stand by what I have already posted - that is through my experience. As I have said, and provided a link with sorry I had a gremlin in the previous post, so I have put it here - CBT and 12 step is compatible. Any therpaist that suggests otherwise is being blinkered in their approach. BTW, the links are not the same, and you have chosen as usual to omit anything that doesn't suit your point of view. Anyway, this is not a psissing contest, I have put some info down for those that may have a more open mind, or might like to know a little more about CBT as well. Enjoy your day, I know I will. :)

http://www.camh.net/egambling/issue21/pdfs/05toneatto.pdf

http://www.bhrm.org/guidelines/CBT-Kadden.pdf

http://pn.psychiatryonline.org/content/39/18/20.1.full

Edited by mrtoad

Yes, I do know the difference and I stand by what I have already posted - that is through my experience. As I have said, and provided a link with sorry I had a gremlin in the previous post, so I have put it here - CBT and 12 step is compatible. Any therpaist that suggests otherwise is being blinkered in their approach. BTW, the links are not the same, and you have chosen as usual to omit anything that doesn't suit your point of view. Anyway, this is not a psissing contest, I have put some info down for those that may have a more open mind, or might like to know a little more about CBT as well. Enjoy your day, I know I will. dry.gif

I haven't a clue what you're going on about - the links were the same - I have a very open mind - you seem paranoid.

Do you work for a treatment centre?

Yes, I do know the difference and I stand by what I have already posted - that is through my experience. As I have said, and provided a link with sorry I had a gremlin in the previous post, so I have put it here - CBT and 12 step is compatible. Any therpaist that suggests otherwise is being blinkered in their approach. BTW, the links are not the same, and you have chosen as usual to omit anything that doesn't suit your point of view. Anyway, this is not a psissing contest, I have put some info down for those that may have a more open mind, or might like to know a little more about CBT as well. Enjoy your day, I know I will. dry.gif

I haven't a clue what you're going on about - the links were the same - I have a very open mind - you seem paranoid.

Do you work for a treatment centre?

Look above Neeranam ^ There should be some links for you to see. No, I am not paranoid.

Exactly why I avoid threads like this generally and don't answer peoples questions. The attitude "programmes XYZ didn't work for me, and I found my way in programme ABC, so therefore only programme ABC is the right way for everyone else"

This isn't a math formula, some people find there way in AA others on there own, and others through, god forbid, an CBT programme. It's not a competition it just comes down to different approaches work for different people. Many 12-step inpatient programmes charge a considerable amount of money as well, does that make them less effective?

When people tell me that the only effective, and the best, programme is XYZ because thats how they managed to get clean/sober. I tend to ask if they continued researching all other possible options, or did they stop looking at that point?

People find what they are looking for in the last place they look. It doesn't make it the best, it just makes it the best for them.

Very well put, Wade.

Not only do different people with the same problem respond differently to various programs/approaches, but we also need to remember that not all problems are exactly alike.

This forum is intentionally titles "Drink Too Much" to be inclusive. Within the universe of people who drink too much there are alcoholics (by definition, people incapable of drinking in moderation), both self-acknowledged and in denial; there are also people who are not alcoholics but for one reason or another drink more than they should, for example as a result of the lifestyle/friends they have chosen, or a conditioned response to stress.

In other words we are dealing with a diverse group of individuals with a diverse set of problems. Not surprising therefore that what worked for one may not work for another.

The best anyone can do is to offer their own experience -- what their problem was like and how they solved it or are dealing with it. Then let the reader decide if this resonates with them or not.

Thanks for the links Neeranam, i saved them. A wealth of help yet again! I saved others as well -thanks a million!

Seems like the 12 step model helps a lot of other addictions beyond alcohol too. Good work to keep it free and open to all! Any help is good and whatever works... works. AA got me sober and kept me sober, and counseling helped me to get may stuff together in addition to it.

Best of luck to my stubborn and needlessly troubled buddy, he's gonna do what he's gonna do. I'd hope he detoxes and grabs a Big Book and meeting schedule, but it's out of my control. Personal counseling would help him too, IMHO. That's why I thought the combo of a 12 step oriented treatment center would be good, but he wont commit to it.

yet