Producing Some Letters In End Of The Word?

manum

I am making a web based software that makes transliteration in Thai for Finnish words. I am not sure if I can find any use for it.. maybe I can make a fin-thai dictionary or something later.

I am not so good in Thai language but I can read OK.

First I would like to know if it's possible to produce R or S in end of the word? For S I would like to translate a word like "Species", "Cars" or whatever. And for R maybe just "Car". Anyway the sound of Finnish R is different. :o

Thanks!

The short answer is that in general you indicate the final letters as though they were initial letters. I'm not sure whether Finnish syllable-final /r/ should be written or ร์. They're likely to end up being pronounced /n/ or silent respectively - final /r/ does not occur in Thai. Final in a foreign word has more chance of being pronounced /s/.

What are you doing for the vowels? Some of the diphthongs are going to be really hard to transliterate without implying that they are composed of two syllables.

I am making a web based software that makes transliteration in Thai for Finnish words. I am not sure if I can find any use for it.. maybe I can make a fin-thai dictionary or something later.

First I would like to know if it's possible to produce R or S in end of the word? For S I would like to translate a word like "Species", "Cars" or whatever. And for R maybe just "Car". Anyway the sound of Finnish R is different. :D

Thanks!

Excuse my ignorance, but it is not that different from the "R" as pronounced in formal Central Thai as far as I have heard?

I have always heard the Finnish "R" as being close to the "R" in Spanish (the tip of your tongue bounces with force of the alveolar ridge (the ridge just behind your teeth), and this is also the way a Thai "r" should sound, although the majority of speakers default to an "L" sound in informal speech. Of course, at the end of words, the Thai ร becomes an "N" sound.

Perkele! :o

First I would like to know if it's possible to produce R or S in end of the word? For S I would like to translate a word like "Species", "Cars" or whatever. And for R maybe just "Car". Anyway the sound of Finnish R is different. :D

Thanks!

Excuse my ignorance, but it is not that different from the "R" as pronounced in formal Central Thai as far as I have heard?

I have always heard the Finnish "R" as being close to the "R" in Spanish (the tip of your tongue bounces with force of the alveolar ridge (the ridge just behind your teeth), and this is also the way a Thai "r" should sound, although the majority of speakers default to an "L" sound in informal speech. Of course, at the end of words, the Thai ร becomes an "N" sound.

Perkele! :D

I have always heard the Finnish "R" as being close to the "R" in Spanish

Perkele! :D

Hyvää päivää... ruotsalainen poika! :D

You seem to have a knack for Finnish there Meadish...so how would you translate the following greeting into Thai..."saatana perkele haistaa vittu"? :D

I hope it's polite because it is often heard among Finns...especially while they're ingesting some "Koskenkorva"! :o

Cheers, :D

LumiLeopardii ...Täpläinen :D