Zone Free Blu Ray Players In Bangkok

drcutter

Does anyone know where to get Zone free and region free blu ray players in Bangkok.I would like a player that can handle both all blu ray discs and regular dvds too.

I'd prefer a well known brand like Pioneer,Samsung etc.

The staff at Power buy at Central World claims their Pioneer and Philips blu ray players can handle all discs,but I'm not too sure that they know what I'm asking about.

Hope some movie enthusiasts in Bangkok have some info for me.

I bought Pioneer BDP-LX52. Its list price is 29,800 baht but I bought it when there was a promotion last month (which might still last) that gave 2,000 baht cash back (debit to CC), another 5% discount and a gift voucher for one free BR disc (of price up to 1,100 baht) at designated stores. And no, I don't think there's enough BR movies available in Thailand but then there's not enough many titles released into BR yet IMO. BR/DVD movies are certainly more expensive in Thailand than in the U.S., but then I used to pay more than 1,100 baht for imported region 1 & 2 DVDs and the shop that I got a free BR movie with the gift voucher gives 50% discount on the second disc for every BR disc worth 1,100 baht or more purchased. My TV is 32" Samsung 7 series LED TV.

Edited by Nordlys

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

I live in Bangkok too, got a Phillips and it plays all dvds, blurays too. There is some copy protection where sound drops off but only a few discs. I have 118 all good. Got some blu rays due in any day from amazon, big test will they work? I hope so. looking at the good, bad, and ugly playing perfect it is copy from here, pay about 4.00 usdollars!

Edited by rascalman

Region-free BD players are pretty rare, I don't think there was any other than Oppo?

I believe there are much stricter regulations on what manufacturers can and cannot do with the hardware, compared to DVD. Yet I am not sure why we're not inundated by cheap region-free Made-in-China players, not like those guys to follow the rules!

• 3 weeks later...

LG offer to remove region restrictions for free at their service centre but I have yet to check this out because I only have 1 Blu-Ray disk which I cannot play. However, the LG models may be too cheap for people that are paying 20k + baht for their players...