Police Crackdown On Foreign Operated Sex Bars

Rimmer

"Where does the money come from?" In general from idiots with more money than sense who think (95% of the time) that they can profitably run a bar in Pattaya or Bangkok.

"Where does the money go?" Key money for bar to start, brown envelopes to the BIB, health inspectors etc with any left stolen by staff.

Mugs game.

I been in Thailand about 5 years now, and must have been offered at least 100 bars in that time, mostly by Thai ladies who would manage it and be my partner. DUH!!

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the honesty in the title. It is only bars operated by foreigners they are shutting down.

Thai people have always known, that westeners are better at doing business. After all, it was the white man that invented capitalism. They have also always known how to deceive and copy. This is one of the elimination periods, where they stabilise their domestic economy by destabilising the foreign.

Isn't it obvious?

In a related matter, there will be an Interpol office opening in Pattaya to help catch more than 2,000 foreigners wanted in Thailand on various charges.

Forget about the proposed 'crack down' the interesting thing to come out of this is that if (and I would suggest it is a big if) an Interpol office is opened and fully functional how much cooperation they get from the MIB and what will happen if the people wanted are arrested and start making supported allegations of corruption against the MIB!

How will Interpol handle that? I think it will result in rapid requests for a transfer a change of identity from many MIB!

very surpised.... that some officials finally decide to take some action.

any way, it is never too late to start the cracking down....

wonder.... how long this will last....

bravo....

Does this crackdown replace a previous crackdown which is no longer as urgent as it was, or, is the police force recruiting at an amazing rate to resource the plethora of crackdowns currently reported .

Police crackdown on foreign operated girly bars

Of course the police will turn a blind eye to Thai owned or operated bars especially those that deliver tea money to them in brown paper bags on a regular basis. This Drew Noyes character keeps busy doesn't he? Three jobs at least - I hope that he has a business visa? As for Thais are easy to find but foreigners can disappear in the villages did they forget that we have to go cap in hand to Immigration every 90 days to confirm our home address so that we can continue to invest in their country and be treated like second class citizens. I think that its the Thais that are difficult to find or perhaps the police don't want to find them - they always profess to have no money! I guess it makes better headlines when they arrest yet another foreigner doing naughty things and who knows they might have the money to be able to backhand their way out of trouble. Cynical from Pattaya. :)

bravo....

Does this crackdown replace a previous crackdown which is no longer as urgent as it was, or, is the police force recruiting at an amazing rate to resource the plethora of crackdowns currently reported .

Actually they seem to get 14,000 Applicants for each and every job opening. That is probably because a job as one of Thailand's finest will bring a lot of benefits.

Inspector enters the bar. Bar manager has been forewarned, so the foxiest gals aren't there. Bar manager (Thai) is asked, "is there anything illegal going on here?"

He/she responds, "No, all is above board. We only serve drinks and there's no sex business going on here. It's everywhere else, but not here."

Inspector: "You know you and your farang boss could get in big trouble if we find out there are under-age girls from here being hired out for sex."

Bar manager: "Yes I know." (whispering) "Look, here's a little something for your son or daughter (slips the head cop a picture book, in which there's an envelope with wad of 1,000's). There's more where that came from.

Inspector: "Ok, but be discreet. Sawadee for now. See you next week, same time."

i can remember when the police cracked down on street walker and near beer and clipjoints in Soho, they moved to Westbourne Grove and Notting Hill Gate. Then the police moved in again and they Moved to Euston and King's Cross. Last I heard they have moved to new Covent Garden. The mice always have more holes than the cat, and yes that could be a pun. :)

very surpised.... that some officials finally decide to take some action.

any way, it is never too late to start the cracking down....

wonder.... how long this will last....

bravo....

Ho Hum :D ! Pattaya without sex would be like Soi's without dogs, never gonna happen. PS what is Pattaya like? never been there :) .

How would they shut down places that belong to police and army top brass? These certain kind of foreigners, the crazy homo sapiens, who invest money in this kind of business are still the front for these cops and long guns, lol. :) I suspect lots of money laundering happens too.

If there really will be a crackdown then it will be a massive one.

How would they shut down places that belong to police and army top brass? These certain kind of foreigners, the crazy homo sapiens, who invest money in this kind of business are still the front for these cops and long guns, lol. :) I suspect lots of money laundering happens too.

If there really will be a crackdown then it will be a massive one.

Those people will be the ones buying up bars where the "foreigner" owners have been deported from the kingdom.

I think its basic maths.

Over the last year or so many bars closed down due to economic troubles

Over the past year or so many high ranked officers were also moved around

Whats a better way to establish new 'bosses' with new accounts?

Not to mention to make up for the losses last year due to bars closing or not having enough business to pay monthly "membership fees"

I really enjoy all theses witticisms posted here but what I got mostly from that article reading between the lines the authorities are going after illiminating the bar fine. When I first came to Thailand there was no barfine. Perhaps the Thai way of seeing things is take away the upfront costs and attract more customers.Also change it back to Thai owned bars.No barfine no problem. The thai mamasans will have the girls coming right back quickly and everything will be Thais helping Thais.

We will see a huge difference in Pattaya when this latest crackdown swings into force, won't we!?

There are at least 5 crackdowns every week on different things. I want to see a full list of these crackdowns and the results associated with each one.

Some out there or the thai gavernment must have the results. The word crackdown is just that a "word"

Actually it just hit me.

They doing the clean up to accommodate the 10 000 Chinese couples who are coming to marry in Thailand this year.

Need to look good in Chinese eyes. Imagine finding groom in the bar just hours after ceremony- LOL

Thailand is now changing to be a marriage tourist place for the world!!! LOL

Actually it just hit me.

They doing the clean up to accommodate the 10 000 Chinese couples who are coming to marry in Thailand this year.

Need to look good in Chinese eyes. Imagine finding groom in the bar just hours after ceremony- LOL

Thailand is now changing to be a marriage tourist place for the world!!! LOL

the wedding HUB you mean ...

Sex for sale? In Pattaya? Or anywhere else in Thailand for that matter? I'm shocked! No, I'm appalled! Who ever heard of such a thing! The nerve of those foreign bar owners. How dare them! Boy, I bet when the police track them down they're going to be in a whole lot of trouble. And the police will be a whole lot richer. LOL