Korat Web Kam -

buadhai

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good one Mike. But perhaps you should put one outside the Pasinee Restaurant. Then Udon could get a glimpse of all the "eye candy" walking by. :o

Edited by Ken

Good one Mike.  But perhaps you should put one outside the Pasinee Restaurant.  Then Udon could get a glimpse of all the "eye candy" walking by. :o

Well, if we could persuade Mike to put in a Wireless Access Point I could bring along the laptop and broadcast from there!

Camera is an Apple iSight, FireWire camera carefully balanced in front of a very dirty window. (Note to self -- clean soon.)

Machine is a 1GHz 17" Apple iMac. Connection is TT&T Broadband via ISSP at 256/128. The images are only about 16K, so upload is very quick.

Software is EvoCam, which I just switched to today. I used to use Occulus, but it didn't deal with the iSight camera very well.

Eye candy? Hmmm. Check for the Gai Yang girl tomorrow morning.....

And, I'm glad someone moved the car. It was blocking our driveway!

KoratKam

If you stare at this page long enough, you will soon realize that not much is going on in Korat....

:o

The time lapse movie feature is working now.

You can get it here:

Korat Kam Time Lapse Move

Or from the link on the Korat Kam page.

You need Quicktime to view the movie.

It's actually pretty funny, but it does give you an idea of what goes on during the day outside my house....

I liked the time lapse "thingy".  Will have to chat with you at the Pasinee to see what we might be able to do there (just for fun and a beer). :o

It's a deal. I suspect that at least a few things we might do at Pasinee involve student nurses and big trouble....

BTW - Tomorrow's time lapse movie (of today's activity) will be a big one and rather interesting. It includes our purchase of Gai Yang and Khao Niao for breakfast along with the installation of UBC. I gave a CD with the UBC portion of the video to a young student intern with UBC. She and her colleague were thrilled.

:D

Camera is an Apple iSight, FireWire camera carefully balanced in front of a very dirty window. (Note to self -- clean soon.)

Machine is a 1GHz 17" Apple iMac. Connection is TT&T Broadband via ISSP at 256/128. The images are only about 16K, so upload is very quick.

OMG!!! A fellow Mac user in Korat? *does a happy dance*

What is the availability of Mac hardware and software there? I have been suspecting a quick flight to Singapore might be needed. What is essential to have that we cannot get in Thailand?

We will be moving into our home in Land and House just outside Nakhon Ratchasima in about a year. Can't wait. OS X 10.4, Tiger, rocks.

OMG!!! A fellow Mac user in Korat? *does a happy dance*

What is the availability of Mac hardware and software there? I have been suspecting a quick flight to Singapore might be needed. What is essential to have that we cannot get in Thailand?

We will be moving into our home in Land and House just outside Nakhon Ratchasima in about a year. Can't wait. OS X 10.4, Tiger, rocks.

Nothing in Korat, but there are several decent Apple dealers in Bangkok. One in the Siam Discovery Center and the other in Fortune City (?).

We're off to Bangkok next week to pick up a copy of Tiger....

Hey Mike. When does the Korat Watch Grass Grow Society kick off ? :o

That event I will mark down also :D It will be right up there with the week long Yamo party . All the ladies in their finest dresses and biggest jewerly . Good time.

Next week I will be caulking the house .

That event I will mark down also :D It will be right up there with the week long Yamo party . All the ladies in their finest dresses and biggest jewerly . Good time.

Caulking eh ? Sounds interesting. How much are the tickets ? :D

I thought you would never ask .

Im sorry Doc. it's all sold out . :D

I thought you would never ask .

Im sorry Doc. it's all sold out . :D

Bugger it. When is the paint drying watching party set down for ?

Don't knock it Doc, if you were stuck in a shed 15 hrs a day, you find it quite exciting.

I look forward to each episode, even moreso when Mike sets it up for the passing eye candy, courtesy of Ken's mate in Khorat city. :D

PS. Mike, what day do the Garbos come. Let me know in advance, should be quite exciting. :o

Edited by udon

Don't knock it Doc, if you were stuck in a shed 15 hrs a day, you find it quite exciting.

I look forward to each episode, even moreso when Mike sets it up for the passing eye candy, courtesy of Ken's mate in Khorat city. :D

There'd have to be considerable merit in aiming the camera somewhere other than up that driveway onto the loneliest street in the Kingdom. :o

I think you are being a bit hard on Mike. Yesterday, I saw two motorbikes, two cats (could've been the same one) and the neighbour's car vanish into thin air.

I was logged on for 4 hours though!

Just out of curiousty what was the original goal of the web cam it looks strangly like a security camera?

Edited by ray23