New Body Scanner Tested At Bangkok Airport

webfact

If it can't detect colon packets, it can't stop binary bomb making tools.

The anal bomb is not a fantasy concoction, but the logical step in this war of

nerves vs forces of a return to 7th century islamic rules.

Don't for a minute think that a person willing to kill themselves and others will stop

just because their fingers will get messy for a few minutes before eternity beckons...

I wouldn't feel truly safe if it can't tell how well I chewed my steak dinner.

I don't want to live in a world that nuts, but on airlines we KNOW there are those that nuts,

wanting to make an absurd point.

Edited by animatic

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish they would give us more info regardless. Will the scan look more like this:

image-scan.jpg

Or will it be showing down to skin? I think they would have to have only female guards at the scanners, or nobody would consent.

There was another thread about this, (and privacy), that made a good point. Once there is something that can see your genitals, it will be fetishized. How long until DVDs of the scans are available at Pantip?

We need safety, but at what cost to human freedom and dignity?

get a life what makes you think anyone would be interested in paying to look at your genitals?

Those of you who believe that 'Al Qaeda' is waiting to pounce at every airport might like to stop thinking with your R-Complex (the most basic part of the brain dealing with survival instincts, so called because it closely resembles the brain of a reptile) and start using your cerebrum.

The chance of anyone on Thaivisa or anyone they know being involved in a terror attack on a plane is incredibly tiny. A simple cost-benefit analysis shows that the inconvenience caused by body scanners is just not justified.

There are more terrorists in the world than Al Qaeda, there are more countries in the world with terrorist problems than Israel, the US and UK and there are more kooks than you will ever know about. The problem with tunnel vision is that you miss the big picture which is why you have eyes on the front of your head so as to focus on your prey thus missing the big (?) game hunter in the wings.

As for your disdain for reptilian brains, never forget that the reptiles have been here on Earth a lot longer than humans and, the way we are going, will be here a lot longer. Reptiles kill other species purely for food and sometimes defence, humans kill humans for ideals.

I just love it when screamers like you start bleating on about the cost benefit analysis showing security not to be justified. In the event of an incident wiping out members of your family you'll be there at the airport, amongst all the teary eyed relatives, whining on about how the security services should have done more to prevent this sort of thing.

It is very lucky that people on this forum are not involved in airport security or we'd all just wander across the tarmac and board the plane like it was a bus because security isn't justified in a cost benefit analysis.

Oh wait a minute, isn't that what happened on 9/11?

The security services are caught between a rock and a hard place. If they subject everyone to tight screening procedures and nothing happens they're guilty of wasting time and money. But if they allow us our freedoms, as you wish, and we get blown out of the sky the people scream for blood on the carpet. You can go to any pub or bar in Pattaya, or anywhere else for that matter, and find loads of guys who could run any business, not just security, a whole lot better than those doing the job. It is very fortunate for humanity that you all stay in the bars and sound off to the walls or the bottom of your beer glass or any other inanimate object that can't move out of earshot.

I can't believe some people have an issue with extra security. Until the day that terrorism is wiped out completly it will become more and more strict so I think these people who have an issue better get used to it.Someone called me a little sheep for saying its better to be secure that to be blown out of the sky, well I admit I will say baar baar for as long as I live in that case. You :)

You don't get it do you. There will always be 'terrorism' because the ptb want it that way to control population with bs like this scanner!

Do you really want you gf or daughter to be revealed like this?

http://www.prisonplanet.com/images/january2010/080110top.jpg

I didn't think so either...

You don't get it do you. There will always be 'terrorism' because the ptb want it that way to control population with bs like this scanner!

Nice image, shame it's a fake. Can do wonders with digital images these days. But dream on, you know Elvis is still alive.

Nice image, shame it's a fake. Can do wonders with digital images these days. But dream on, you know Elvis is still alive.

Yes, just photoshoped stuff.

And no I don't expect any women to be shown in any detail from a actual scanner.

More a worry is radiation exposure for frequent traveling females of breeding age.

I would guess they should buy personal REM tags that tot up radiation doses cumulatively.

It should be "no scan, no fly" for the most part. These excuses sound like little children.

Most of the hype says that it reveals too much. Too much fat, too small breasts, that is the hangup with most people. Or maybe their underwear is dirty.

Glad the airport is doing something considering how much bad publicity they have had in the past.

I hope they can't see my penis implant...

It should be "no scan, no fly" for the most part. These excuses sound like little children.

Most of the hype says that it reveals too much. Too much fat, too small breasts, that is the hangup with most people. Or maybe their underwear is dirty.

Glad the airport is doing something considering how much bad publicity they have had in the past.

I hope they can't see my penis implant...

It can, and read the serial number and date of manufacture.

Seriously breats implants would be ideal.

Larger part Chem A and inner more fragile container Chem B.

get on the plane after take off give the lady a serious mamary punch,

and it's off to Alla a few minutes later. Scary thought...

this will not stop or detect the terrorist that put explosives in their ARSE...

TRUE !

Will it show up drugs in the stomachs of the mules?

If so it is a good thing.

Sort of. It will show as an opaque shadow. A small condom filled with a few grams will most likely pass. I anticipate that there will be a number of efforts undertaken to test the capabilities. Condoms filled with inert substances will be used, so if someone gets caught, there will be no charges. They'll find a way or an alternative route. They always have.

• 3 weeks later...
I wish they would give us more info regardless. Will the scan look more like this:

image-scan.jpg

Or will it be showing down to skin? I think they would have to have only female guards at the scanners, or nobody would consent.

There was another thread about this, (and privacy), that made a good point. Once there is something that can see your genitals, it will be fetishized. How long until DVDs of the scans are available at Pantip?

I travel to Azerbaijan ( Baku ) and the body scanners are there in use for the last 1 year.

In the beginning i did not even know that they were body scanners but now i know why the girls have a good time when i go true the scanner. :)

image-scan.jpg

Yawn. Anything that gets me through the line quicker is fine with me. In the meantime, if someone is "fetishizing" my scan, please let me know... I'll be flattered.

• 8 months later...

This is an old thread that I am giving a 'bump'. There are two articles regarding airport body scanners on the CNN website today. Both articles are interesting; here are the URL's.....

http://www.cnn.com/2...x.html?hpt=Sbin

an excert from this article:

Rez estimates 50 to 100 doses of backscatter radiation would be equivalent to a chest X-ray. But he said the dose is not his main concern with backscatter machines.

"The thing that worries me the most, is not what happens if the machine works as advertised, but what happens if it doesn't," Rez said. A potential malfunction could increase the radiation dose, he said.

But there's really no case to be made for deploying any kind of body-scanning machine, Rez said.

The probability of dying from radiation from a body scanner and that of being killed in a terror attack are roughly the same, he said. About one in 30 million.

"They're both incredibly unlikely events. These are still a factor of 10 lower than the probability of dying in any one year from being struck by lightning in the United States."

http://www.cnn.com/2...x.html?hpt=Sbin

an excerpt from this article:

Pilots' unions for US Airways and American Airlines are urging their members to avoid full-body scanning at airport security checkpoints, citing health risks and concerns about intrusiveness and security officer behavior.

I feel very sorry for the airport personnel that will have to look at this sort of thing all day long on incoming flights from (insert Western country here):

nacktscanner.jpg

Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport is testing first nud_e scanners

Bangkok: Thailand's Suvarnabhumi Airport a one-month test run of a new body scanners.

The GEN2 body scanner provides a safe and discrete sampling for hidden and hidden objects such as weapons, explosives, contraband and stolen goods and illicit substances and articles.

Designed and produced by Brijot Imaging Systems, Inc.

Google translation of:

http://www.pattaya.de/news/2010/01/26/flughafen-suvarnabhumi-bangkok-testet-ersten-nacktscanner,236

pattaya.de - January 25, 2010

Edited by Buchholz