57 Alleged Prostitutes Rounded Up In Phuket Town

Despite the serious nature of the charges, there was no mention of any criminal charges filed against the venue owners.

And how about the male customers? Were any of them rounded up and fined? That's crap.

Agreed. Even more: I think that only male customers must be fined. Girls should be punished by whipping

Ok, ok, good point. I forgot that there technically could be female customers too! :)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope the police don't ever find out about what goes on in Bangla Road...

Exactly. That's ground zero for the scene in Phuket (or so I hear). I agree with an earlier comment that some people didn't pay their bribes and were punished. Are you telling me that the police don't know what goes on at a soapy massage? hel_l, they're probably some of the best clients.

Good for them. I wouldn't mind a nice big prostitution crackdown. I can't stand it when the first thing people say when I say I live in Thailand is something about the women or sex or prostitution or AIDS. Sex will always be easy to come by here for foreigners, but it does not need to be advertised so openly and for sale everywhere you go.

Wonder when they will catch the other 28 Million prostitutes in Thailand :)

Looks like they will go after falang bar/brothel owners in the industry (cant have that) and Thais who are not paying enough tea money.

Soon it will all settle down.

Good for them. I wouldn't mind a nice big prostitution crackdown. I can't stand it when the first thing people say when I say I live in Thailand is something about the women or sex or prostitution or AIDS. Sex will always be easy to come by here for foreigners, but it does not need to be advertised so openly and for sale everywhere you go.

For goodness sake!

I wonder if Thailand is reaching the "Tipping Point" as in the authorities are increasingly uncomfortable with the LOS's international reputation with respect to prostitution. Of course it could also just be an isolated case of some owner(s) not tendering the usual tea money to the proper persons.

My gut tells me that the naughty night life scene may not be encouraged as in the past and only tolerated if it is more discreet.

Time will tell :)

Personally i think its just a 'storm in a teacup' - some bar owner p*ssed off the wrong copper or didnt pay his monthly tea money...

... if they were serious about it, the could easily arrest hundreds (or dare i say thousands) of 'working girls' In Patong, or even further south in Kata, Karon or Rawai

I wonder if Thailand is reaching the "Tipping Point" as in the authorities are increasingly uncomfortable with the LOS's international reputation with respect to prostitution. Of course it could also just be an isolated case of some owner(s) not tendering the usual tea money to the proper persons.

My gut tells me that the naughty night life scene may not be encouraged as in the past and only tolerated if it is more discreet.

Time will tell :)

Tolerate if it was more discreet? They id the raid in Phuket town, where there are a few soapie shops. There are hundreds of massage joints in Patong, and discretion is not their business.........