Oh No He Hasn't..

MSingh

Where did i say that they are equally as stupid / guilty as one another :) .

Implied by the fact you were arguing that if Terry was considered too "naughty", then so should Gerrard and Rooney.

I actually think that Gerrard could have a big influence as captain, he could have a word with some of his gangster pals to fix the games in the world cup :D .

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

surely it has everything to do with what he does on the pitch and not off it. im no chelsea fan, but i happen to think he is a great player(old school) hard but fair. alot of the reasons why chelsea have had so much success in recent years has been down to his captaincy, his defencesive skills and engine room work rate mentality.

while we are on the subject, why not make ferdinand captain. great role model, back from injury, plays and get smacked with a 4 match ban, for violent conduct.

Edited by tigerfish

while we are on the subject, why not make ferdinand captain. great role model, back from injury, plays and get smacked with a 4 match ban, for violent conduct.

Yeah well, Ferdinand needs to grow up and also knuckle himself down to being a footballer first and foremost. He gets distracted too easily, both on and off the pitch. Not much of a step up from Terry IMHO.

Yeah well, Ferdinand needs to grow up and also knuckle himself down to being a footballer first and foremost. He gets distracted too easily, both on and off the pitch. Not much of a step up from Terry IMHO.

i wouldnt fancy being terry having to bail out ferdinand in the world cup. if he decides to take a nap.

surely it has everything to do with what he does on the pitch and not off it. im no chelsea fan, but i happen to think he is a great player(old school) hard but fair. alot of the reasons why chelsea have had so much success in recent years has been down to his captaincy, his defencesive skills and engine room work rate mentality.

No sadly not, he's probably lost the respect of senior players, and further revelations are unfolding as we speak.

He's revealed significant character flaws time and again.

And with that England's sporting chance of lifting the trophy goes too.

For me it is probably best that he is removed from the squad asap, so that England can re-group, although Lord knows how!

You forgot to add he looks like a mong :)

oh oh, big brother is stepping in..

UK Government wants answers over John Terry's England future

FA under pressure to take a stand...

http://goal.com/en-gb/news/2558/news/2010/...-england-future

The British Government is awaiting an explanation from the Football Association as to its proposed course of action where disgraced England captain John Terry is concerned.

The Chelsea defender has owned the headlines for all the wrong reasons in the last few days, after the lifting of a 'super-injunction' allowed the exposure of his alleged affair with Vanessa Perroncel, ex-girlfriend of Wayne Bridge.

Claims that the French lingerie model had an abortion after becoming pregnant by Terry have kicked the scandal into overdrive, and pundits far and wide have called for the Barking-born star to be stripped of the Three Lions armband.

Fabio Capello is set to make a decision on the matter before England's friendly with African champions Egypt on March 3, but the FA is under pressure to make its position known.

Gerry Sutcliffe, the UK Sports Minister, said in The Times: "On the field John Terry is a fantastic player and a good England captain, but to be the captain of England you have got to have wider responsibilities for the country, and clearly if these allegations are proven — and at the moment they are only allegations — then it does call into question his role as England captain.

"I speak to the FA on a regular basis, so I will be asking what their viewpoint is and we will see what comes of it.

What we need is ,,,,,Gary Lineker.

I,m sure he,ld be right up for it.

As clean as a whistle. Never got a card in Internationals,,,he might be a bit slow on his feet now ( a bit like me) so we could have either option:-

1) New legs grafted on , may as well have four.

2) Receive a piggy back throughout the match by some one like John Terry.

I don't see why its such a big deal. Has everyone forgotten the Sven/Ulrika story from the last World Cup. Its no-one's business but those directly involved. Tabloid rubbish.

Anyway all will be forgiven if (God forbid!) England win the World Cup.

I don't see why its such a big deal. Has everyone forgotten the Sven/Ulrika story from the last World Cup. Its no-one's business but those directly involved. Tabloid rubbish.

Don't underestimate the disunity this could cause within the England camp. Can't be compaired to the Sven/UJ story.

This could be a very tricky one for the FA which they will probably <deleted>#k up like they do everything else.

Don't underestimate the disunity this could cause within the England camp. Can't be compaired to the Sven/UJ story.

This could be a very tricky one for the FA which they will probably <deleted>#k up like they do everything else.

Sadly I don't think people really care too much about Terry shagging around on his wife, but to cause division within the England national team (potentially) is the issue that is causing the uproar.

Sadly I don't think people really care too much about Terry shagging around on his wife, but to cause division within the England national team (potentially) is the issue that is causing the uproar.

....and it will cause divisions. I just can't see his presence being anything other than divisive. Give the armband to Rooney. It's a risk but I think he would handle the job well and is well liked and respected by the other players. I doubt JT has any respect left in the dressing room

....and it will cause divisions. I just can't see his presence being anything other than divisive. Give the armband to Rooney. It's a risk but I think he would handle the job well and is well liked and respected by the other players. I doubt JT has any respect left in the dressing room

The thing is it appears there are no angels (today Rooney is in court being sued by some sports management company). Gerard before, Ferdinand before that and list just rolls on and on and on.

Totally agreed, it's the divisions it already has, and will cause. You just don't s*** on your team mates.

The one proviso here of course is that it's all just allegations at present. But where does your money lie? I'd say 99% on it being true.

in sharp contrast to the news about terry, ther are still some decent blokes fortunately,

Julian Faubert.

julian lost his mother on thursday, flew to france, then flew back to play for west ham on saturday. he wore a black armband, what a brave man,

rip mrs faubert, you have a son to be proud of,

his club are with him and vice versa, he is now taking a short break to greive his loss,

total respect to a decent bloke

PRESENT exploits (like in the last few months) - yes :D:D:D

Are you sure you don't mean in the last 6 months I.E. the last time Gerrard was in court.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not condoning what Terry did and to be fair i don't really like him, but you say he shouldn't be captain and then you pick 2 other players with previous bad press to replace him :D .

Lets face it there probaly isn't anyone in the starting line up who is whiter than whiter so if we are picking a captain on that criteria we are really struggling.

I will try and find a professional footballer who doesn't womanise, drink excessivly,break the speed limit,not go to church every sunday, visit brothels, to make captain, the problem being he might not be much of a footballer. :)

John Terry is a disgrace.This is not the first indiscretion. I can think of plenty of others but people inc his club rush to his defence.How can you possibly defend his actions . Best to stay quiet. Wasnt he father of the year ? oh dear !

Please point out where i am defending his actions and try wearing them reading glasses you have old chap :D .

Edited by alfieconn

PRESENT exploits (like in the last few months) - yes :D:D:D

Are you sure you don't mean in the last 6 months I.E. the last time Gerrard was in court.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not condoning what Terry did and to be fair i don't really like him, but you say he shouldn't be captain and then you pick 2 other players with previous bad press to replace him :D .

Lets face it there probaly isn't anyone in the starting line up who is whiter than whiter so if we are picking a captain on that criteria we are really struggling.

I will try and find a professional footballer who doesn't womanise, drink excessivly,break the speed limit,not go to church every sunday, visit brothels, to make captain, the problem being he might not be much of a footballer. :)

John Terry is a disgrace.This is not the first indiscretion. I can think of plenty of others but people inc his club rush to his defence.How can you possibly defend his actions . Best to stay quiet. Wasnt he father of the year ? oh dear !

Please point out where i am defending his actions and try wearing them reading glasses you have old chap :D .

This is the major dilema. He is the best choice for captain by far and one of the first names on the team sheet. Not having him in the team will damage our chanceshugely. That said, would his presence in the squad cause such divisions as to be even more damaging. I think if you take the captaincy away, he'll have to be dropped from the squad also. It's a total lose lose scenario for England. :D

No doubt about it,Terry has behaved despicably....not for the first time in his life.

But I think he will keep his job because he is such an important member to the team with the World Cup coming up.Ferdinand is becoming increasingly injury and error prone and the thought of Upson and Lescott in the centre of defence with Calamity James in goal is frightening.

As others have said,possible replacements like Gerrard,Lampard and Cole have a chequered history,as well.

The key to England having any sort of impact in the World Cup is Rooney so dont burden him with the extra responsibilities of captain.

I think Capello will just let the dust settle and Terry will stay.I'm not saying that this is the right thing to do,just what will happen.

No doubt about it,Terry has behaved despicably....not for the first time in his life.

But I think he will keep his job because he is such an important member to the team with the World Cup coming up.Ferdinand is becoming increasingly injury and error prone and the thought of Upson and Lescott in the centre of defence with Calamity James in goal is frightening.

As others have said,possible replacements like Gerrard,Lampard and Cole have a chequered history,as well.

The key to England having any sort of impact in the World Cup is Rooney so dont burden him with the extra responsibilities of captain.

I think Capello will just let the dust settle and Terry will stay.I'm not saying that this is the right thing to do,just what will happen.

and i think you are probably right :)

and i think you are probably right :)

I think Terry will give it up (pushed or not) to save face. Better than having it stripped.

The point is do you want a team captain that makes your grandmother proud, or a team captain that a bunch of footballers will follow into battle?

Cuz making your grandmother proud is not going to win you any world cups...

And how may world cups have we won without Grandma at the helm? :)

The point is do you want a team captain that makes your grandmother proud, or a team captain that a bunch of footballers will follow into battle?

Cuz making your grandmother proud is not going to win you any world cups...

We have about as much chance as a rockin horse winning the Grand National in this years WORLD CUP whoever is captain

I reckon we have a chance this year, but i tend to think that every year. especially given the group draw, we should make it to at least the quarter finals without breaking a sweat.

Bookmakers put as 3rd favorites, just behind Spain and Brazil. I'm keeping the faith.

I personally don't think Rooney is the sort to be burdened by responsibility - the reverse actually - i think he thrives on it.

I personally don't think Rooney is the sort to be burdened by responsibility - the reverse actually - i think he thrives on it.

And less chance of him getting a red card as for sure with his previous indiscretions other countries will provoke him like no tomorrow.