Honda City - Tuning, Styling, Performance Shops?

la69

Greetings all!

Keema, hope your car is still doing you good :)

I have searched the net now for some time looking for some styling options for my Honda City SE 2010. Asked around a bit in Hua Hin area but was rather rudely told off by some young mechanic to buy other car instead. Guess he doesn't understand the joy of modifying your car bit for bit :D

So does anyone know of any good places to modify/tune/style your car near hua hin, Cha am or even Bangkok? I would like to make it look very different from other Citys if possible. Also considering performance tunes but don't really know what you can do here in Thailand.

I see thaivisa had thread for yaris and crv but couldn't find anything for the city. Maybe those links are common ones, though?

Anyway, I got my it two days ago. It looks great but I am still waiting for the spoilers and skirts that will arrive in a couple of days only.

I changed the tyres to some nice low profile 17" ones and also lowered the whole body a bit. :D

Edit: Spelling, grammar

Edited by la69

Cheers, mate!

I'll check it up

Just a few thoughts..

I don't know if you want one but be wary of carbon fiber hoods. As I understand, they don't stand up well in front-on accidents. They splinter and tend to fly off the car. They would require bonnet pins to keep them in place. They are light and look cool though!

For performance the intake system is also best left alone - open pod intakes under the hood can increase intake temperatures and thus decrease performance - especially in Thailand where the air and road temps are always high.

For me, the best investment is in the suspension, wheels, tyres and brakes department. I found the honda pads to be too "gentle" and soft. I changed to bendix metal kings and the brake pedal feels better now - they are harder on the rotors though.

I agree with th above, you need hood pins for a carbon fiber hood, unless you don't like your windshield and would like to have it smashed in.

What engine is in the city, the 1.4, 1.6, or RA18?

The above website seems to be tack on BS and not real performance. If you are out of warranty, you could always go the tried and true B16 and turbo swap :shrug:

I agree with th above, you need hood pins for a carbon fiber hood, unless you don't like your windshield and would like to have it smashed in.

What engine is in the city, the 1.4, 1.6, or RA18?

The above website seems to be tack on BS and not real performance. If you are out of warranty, you could always go the tried and true B16 and turbo swap :shrug:

Yeah hondas are already very well engineered and trying to get a siginificant increase in performance might be difficult. There are turbo kits available I'm sure, though these could run to 100K baht or more. A better flowing cat, slightly larger diamater header and exhaust should be worth a few hp. I think thats why most guys here spend money on body kits and in-car entertainment - not much return on performance for what you would spend.