Bose Acoustimas Speaker Systems

seedy

I did own the very first Bose Acoustimass speaker model AM5 when I was a student in the 80's. It was definitely more of a home theater (or hi-fi) oriented speaker than pure audio, but it did play music well so long you're not looking for audiophile grade quality. Most Bose speakers are geared toward home theater use and they have very few speakers designed for serious audiophile, which is not sold in Thailand anyway if they still have one in their line up.

Edited by Nordlys

• 3 weeks later...

I still use Acoustimas 3 speakers. Now 25 years old. Downgraded to use with my laptop but before in an outdoor restaurant. Bomb prooof and excellent for what they are. Come to life when you turn the power up. Obviously dont compare to my B&W's which sadly i am looking to sell.

I still use Acoustimas 3 speakers. Now 25 years old. Downgraded to use with my laptop but before in an outdoor restaurant. Bomb prooof and excellent for what they are. Come to life when you turn the power up. Obviously dont compare to my B&W's which sadly i am looking to sell.

Congratulations on buying your Bose speakers 5 years or so before they were even made.

Much better speakers to be had for much less money, pair any brand name small speakers with a small subwoofer.

Congratulations on buying your Bose speakers 5 years or so before they were even made.

Much better speakers to be had for much less money, pair any brand name small speakers with a small subwoofer.

Sorry, i bought them in 1987, and after all these years i have no doubt that there are better, cheaper speakers available. but i will still carry on using them. they have been ok for me.