Face Lift

twix38

I am a 44 year old English guy and seek personal advice on getting a facelift in Thailand.

My main concern is safety and getting a good job done, followed a long way behind by price.

Is it better (safer and better guaranteed results) to have it done in UK or Thailand?

Can anyone (preferably from personal experience) recommend the best Hospital and particularly the actual Surgeon to do the facelift in Thailand?

What is approximate price?

Of course I would rather pay whatever price, than have it go wrong.

Any other information would be most helpfull, such as a guide to procedures, consultation process and how to takle this whole issue before I go under the knife.

Thanks

i'd say it would be cheaper in thailand but from my own experience under the knife(non face lift) they fall short of western standards and u are still expected to pay in the event something goes wrong

in my case i had an op at pattaya bangkok hospital, the surgeon performed well below western standards and then closed the wound the wrong way i.e stich rather than pack the wound, i ended up getting an infection and was then expected to see the same surgeon that got it wrong 1st time :D

bottom line is that wouldn't have happened in the uk :o

there are other alternatives to face lifts now, improved methods that reduce scarring etc and botox is an option

check out what procedures are being recomended in harley street at the mo and for what reasons then decide :D

from my own experience it isn't something i'd be happy having done in los, cost doesn't come in2 it

hope it all works out for u :D

Edited by bkkbound04

Is it better (safer and better guaranteed results) to have it done in UK or Thailand?

Can anyone (preferably from personal experience) recommend the best Hospital and particularly the actual Surgeon to do the facelift in Thailand?

This is a fairly standard procedure that Thai docs are quite competent and experienced to handle. Ops go wrong in England all the time too. Google for "bad plastic surgery" to see how even the best is sometimes not good enough.

As for costs, you'll have to compare, considering the airfare, hotel bills, and post-op care. Fortunately no one cares what you look like here as long as you have a wallet, so you can walk around with bloody bandages hanging off you and still be a hansum man.

As when contemplating any procedure you'd have to interview the doc and check his cred and experience. He'll have pics of previous work. Read up on the risks and complications. Let him know exactly what you want. Be very clear about all the costs so as to avoid surprises.

You'd want an international hospital like Bumrungrad, Yanhee, Pattaya International, or Bangkok Pattaya. I'd go for Bumrungrad or Yanhee, but any of these would be OK.

Not my business, but you seem a bit young for this. It will not be pleasant. Consider alternatives first.

Edited by JSixpack

i agree that the guy seems young, but if he's worried about his appearance now he may just be miserable for another 10 yrs

for those reasons i think non surgical options should be explored if available and i also feel u'd be better in the uk for those reasons, ok u wouldn't be able to travel til the swelling had passed but u'd enjoy it more if u had more confidence

operations can go wrong in the uk, if they go wrong due to human error i.e the surgeon not performing as he should u can claim compensation in a uk court

in thailand, from my own experience the "mai pen rai" attitude is adhered to by med staff and i don't think u'd be in the same standing for compensation in los, u might get £1000 if u were lucky, in the uk u'd be compensated a lot more

Re post above from Sparky38. Anyone used the Pattaya Royal Beauty Clinic or heard good/bad reports etc?

Also any news on surgeon Dr Tongsuk, as he seems to be the man doing all the work there?

Be interested to learn about the above regarding this place?