Attacked By Knife

interested

taking a walk with thai gf few days ago..100m from my condo around 1am......city view condo......we were on chang moi rd......2 skinny thai youths on a motocycle seemed to be stalking us.........we were very aware of them..they went from one end of the road to the other..quiet..not much traffic..we stopped and waited for them to leave ...as soon as they did we very quickly walked to the courner were our condo is........suddenly they came back and blocked our way..we ran...one stayed on the bike but the other caught my gf as we were running....at this point we were 25m from condo......as i turned to confront the youth he branded a knife while holding my gf.....he was watching me closely while moving the blade left to right...again and again and again.....i was stuck...what to do....really stuck........go close and get knifed or she gets her throat cut.......she was trying to pull away so i pulled her arm trying to force her away from him ......she was screaming....pushing and pulling.....falling on the ground ....getting up...he is still holding on to her...her clothes ripping..things happening so quickly but also in slow motion....very odd...then the guard came running from our condo as well as others from a bar closeby.........we escaped....a few briuses.....she lost a silver necklace........we phoned the police but they did not bother to show up...

she is now scared to leave the house....i went to local gun shop to buy some pepper spray.....but told it is no longer legal in thailand........its only legal to carry a stick........what do i carry a staff around?????????????

we were careful...sober..aware...ok it was late.......i think we have to hire a bodyguard...any thai boxers out there??????????????

be careful folks...its dangerous out there...we were lucky this time.........

taking a walk with thai gf few days ago..100m from my condo around 1am......city view condo......we were on chang moi rd......2 skinny thai youths on a motocycle seemed to be stalking us.........we were very aware of them..they went from one end of the road to the other..quiet..not much traffic..we stopped and waited for them to leave ...as soon as they did we very quickly walked to the courner were our condo is........suddenly they came back and blocked our way..we ran...one stayed on the bike but the other caught my gf as we were running....at this point we were 25m from condo......as i turned to confront the youth he branded a knife while holding my gf.....he was watching me closely while moving the blade left to right...again and again and again.....i was stuck...what to do....really stuck........go close and get knifed or she gets her throat cut.......she was trying to pull away so i pulled her arm trying to force her away from him ......she was screaming....pushing and pulling.....falling on the ground ....getting up...he is still holding on to her...her clothes ripping..things happening so quickly but also in slow motion....very odd...then the guard came running from our condo as well as others from a bar closeby.........we escaped....a few briuses.....she lost a silver necklace........we phoned the police but they did not bother to show up...

she is now scared to leave the house....i went to local gun shop to buy some pepper spray.....but told it is no longer legal in thailand........its only legal to carry a stick........what do i carry a staff around?????????????

we were careful...sober..aware...ok it was late.......i think we have to hire a bodyguard...any thai boxers out there??????????????

Is it my imagination, are things happening more often in Chaing Mia these days. I have never heard of a farrang having a problem in Udon, but I have heard of Thia girls atttacked while riding thier motorcyles. Simply knocked over by the thieves usually two on a bike, taking the bike, cell phone ,or money. There may be incidents and I just have not heard of them. The farrang population is growing here and over the past year I'm noticing a different attitude about farrangs by Thai's. Nothing violent though

Yes, a very well crafted post....... Hmmm. :o

Not Steven Leather is it?

edit: OP if your story is genuine, find an expandable baton, available at any hawkers table, try the camping shops for pepper spray.

There's one on Sukhumvit rd. Spray is small and not cheap, I bought one on Sukh.

Edited by udon

I find it an incredible first post, wish I had a story like this for my first post. Funny how so few people have made a coment on this

I suspect many readers are a tad doubtful about whether it's genuine or not - given the style. Could be wrong, but the thought certainly occurred to me while I was reading it. Apologies to the OP if my suspicions are unfounded.

So what? Sorry for the bad adventure man, but this stuff is nothing compared to what happens where I come from.

You cannot even walk safe at noon in downtown, and I'm talking about North Italy here not Mexico

Really this place is freaking safe compared to 95% of the rest of the world.

Sorry for the miss, she must have passed 2 shitty minutes.

dear forum members...thanks for your replies...why the doubt??????????????

why should i make it up?????????

i am ready to prove it at anytime if it helps anyone avoid the same thing...

just go to 'on the rocks' bar next to city view condo and ask the owner if there was such an incident a few days ago....or ask the guard at city view if you can speak thai.........if ever you happen to be passing.....its in central chiang mai.......

i posted for one reason only...to tell the truth....to warn others to be careful....be very careful as these things happen ...and happen very quicky......no matter how well prepared...it never ever happens the way you expect........

thanks to all the readers who praise my style......and think its based on some ability......i can assure you its only based on simplicity...nothing else.....just trying my best to be accurate....saying exactly what happened......

expandable baton...yes i looked at them in the night bazzar this evening.....they all looked pretty flimsey.....they could just make an attacker really angry.....

my gf is still very scared.... each time we go out.......holding my hand very tightly....she wont even go out now past 8pm......we live in the center because we like to walk late at night and enjoy the city....

in one way i am grateful......the way it happened.......nobody got bady hurt and i learned a very big lesson for a low cost......i now understand the dangers a little better

maybe you doubt because you think it cant happen in central chiang mai..it can and did.....please dont waste your energy in doubting...it only reflects on your own state of mind.

Yes, a very well crafted post....... Hmmm. :o

Not Steven Leather is it?

edit: OP if your story is genuine, find an expandable baton, available at any hawkers table, try the camping shops for pepper spray.

There's one on Sukhumvit rd. Spray is small and not cheap, I bought one on Sukh.

You have got to make sure you get a good quality one, because the cheap ones tend to "bend" when they are used. :D

Oh dear........ Which police station did you report this incident?..... Or did you not think it important enough?....

I assume you girlfriend is Thai...... Did she get a glimpse of the registration on the motorbike?.....

I could go on but I'm bored now.... and whats with the ........ ?

Oh dear........ Which police station did you report this incident?..... Or did you not think it important enough?....

I assume you girlfriend is Thai...... Did she get a glimpse of the registration on the motorbike?.....

I could go on but I'm bored now.... and whats with the ........ ?

Maerim, you just gotta get out more, your skepticism does not become you. These sorts of incidents are common-place in the city these days,especially after bar closing times. Just ask any senior tourist police officer.

dear forum members...thanks for your replies...why the doubt??????????????

why should i make it up?????????

i am ready to prove it at anytime if it helps anyone avoid the same thing...

just go to 'on the rocks' bar next to city view condo and ask the owner if there was such an incident a few days ago....or ask the guard at city view if you can speak thai.........if ever you happen to be passing.....its in central chiang mai.......

i  posted for one reason only...to tell the truth....to warn others to be careful....be very careful as these things happen ...and happen very quicky......no matter how well prepared...it never ever happens the way you expect........

thanks to all the readers who praise my style......and think its based on some ability......i can assure you its only based on simplicity...nothing else.....just trying my best to be accurate....saying exactly what happened......

expandable baton...yes i looked at them in the night bazzar this evening.....they all looked pretty flimsey.....they could just make an attacker really angry.....

my gf is still very scared.... each time we go out.......holding my hand very tightly....she wont even go out now past 8pm......we live in the center because we like to walk late at night and enjoy the city....

in one way i am grateful......the way it happened.......nobody got bady hurt and i learned a very big lesson for a low cost......i now understand the dangers a little better

maybe you doubt because you think it cant happen in central chiang mai..it can and did.....please dont waste your energy in doubting...it only reflects on your own state of mind.

Haven't seen the expandable batons yet, I will look around a bit, I would like to have one on each of my bikes as well as the house. It would be Ok with me if it only worked once, I doubt that daily usage will come up. It doesn't take much if it is applied right, not to the head but the shins. That will give you time to get out of harms way.

How about a stun gun?

Is it allowed/sold in Thailand?

I brought 500K volt stun gun (that's what it says on the catalogue) from Japan about 4 years ago (in checked-in baggage). I'm not so sure if it's allowed but it passed through the customs and I have it with me (but no longer working). I never tried it on anything alive so I don't know how effective it is but the spark looks scary enough.

Edited by Nordlys

How about a stun gun? 

Is it allowed/sold in Thailand? 

I brought 500K volt stun gun (that's what it says on the catalogue) from Japan about 4 years ago (in checked-in baggage).  I'm not so sure if it's allowed but it passed through the customs and I have it with me (but no longer working).  I never tried it on anything alive so I don't know how effective it is but the spark looks scary enough.

Not had any experience with stun guns myself, but i know a man who has. He got a little drunk one night and some how managed to stun himself... :o On the upnote he says they deffinately work!

So do American cops, very handy and a wack on the shins brings big men down.

skycop :o

Hi Ray,

did you train with those batons , may be the ASP model?

British cops swear by them. :D

Well skycop no magic to it, you can't stand up you can't run and catch me and I won't be standing around waiting for you to recover. You ever watch your Thai boxers they attack the legs all the time. And no not all American cops are handy, that is when you see them hitting people on the heads, it is not what is trained. If it can work for me it can work for anyone I'm no expert

hey ray, learn to read. He said the ASP comes in very handy for american cops. Not that american cops are handy....

the automatic anti-american reply gets so tiring...

God Bless America

Ken :o

skycop :D

Hi Ray,

Well skycop no magic to it, you can't stand up you can't run and catch me and I won't be standing around waiting for you to recover. You ever watch your Thai boxers they attack the legs all the time. And no not all American cops are handy, that is when you see them hitting people on the heads, it is not what is trained. If it can work for me it can work for anyone I'm no expert

a similar event happened to my wife in pattaya about 18 months ago, riding her motorbike and her purse was snatched, causing her to lose control and wreck the bike. she ended up in the hospital and lost 500b and her cell phone.......

A few years ago a farang I knew was 'mugged' along soi 1 Nimmaihemein. His girlfriend was badly shaken. He's still convinced it was a mugging but I knew a bit more - it was the Issan b/g girlfriend's husband. Things are not always as they seem here!

hey ray, learn to read.  He said the ASP comes in very handy for american cops.  Not that american cops are handy....

the automatic anti-american reply gets so tiring...

God Bless America

Ken :o

skycop :D

Hi Ray,

Thanks for the heads up Ken actually I didn't see anything anti American or anti Thai, in either statement. I will try to express myself better.

Sounds like you were messing about with a thai guys girlfriend and didnt even realise it...

Oh the innocence of the green farang....

Sounds like you were messing about with a thai guys girlfriend and didnt even realise it...

Oh the innocence of the green farang....

Oh the arrogance of the experienced whoremongerer.

No worries Ray...

Similar incident happened to a female farang friend of mine, walking down tha phae gate road about 6 months ago with her female farang friend and had two thai gangster wannabe's on a motorbike drive by and clubbed her in the face with a metal rod after she resisted giving them her purse. Has a nice scar from it now, probably 2 inches long right below her lip. Beautiful girl too.

Don't think it doesn't happen even in a sleepy town like Chiang Mai. The people are great here, much friendlier than other parts of Thailand I've found but there's always a few rotten apples anywhere you go.

I agree with the earlier post, I feel much safer here in CM compared to some places back in the states. Ever been to the south side of chicago late at night?? Or how about east LA? jeez, better bring an AK with you.

I'll take CM for safety anyday over those places... :o

No worries Ray...

Similar incident happened to a female farang friend of mine, walking down tha phae gate road about 6 months ago with her female farang friend and had two thai gangster wannabe's on a motorbike drive by and clubbed her in the face with a metal rod after she resisted giving them her purse.  Has a nice scar from it now, probably 2 inches long right below her lip.  Beautiful girl too. 

Don't think it doesn't happen even in a sleepy town like Chiang Mai.  The people are great here, much friendlier than other parts of Thailand I've found but there's always a few rotten apples anywhere you go.

I agree with the earlier post, I feel much safer here in CM compared to some places back in the states.  Ever been to the south side of chicago late at night??  Or how about east LA?  jeez, better bring an AK with you.

I'll take CM for safety anyday over those places... :o

Yes I worked 77 division for LAPD, a black area. I was assigned there for three years. You know what stayed in my mind the fear that the white community had, for the violence there, when in fact it was very rare for white victim to be found. The majority of the community were hard working people trying to survive, in what at times could be a war zone.

I have had problems in Thailand but only in the tourist areas, the victims of gangs here in Udon seem to be Thia. I have never heard of a farrang being involved unless it was some stupid bar fight.

Udon is changing the farrang population just keeps growing and I fear that they will be reciepents of what the Thias already have to endure.

Or maybe it's that I'm changing.

No worries Ray...

Similar incident happened to a female farang friend of mine, walking down tha phae gate road about 6 months ago with her female farang friend and had two thai gangster wannabe's on a motorbike drive by and clubbed her in the face with a metal rod after she resisted giving them her purse.  Has a nice scar from it now, probably 2 inches long right below her lip.  Beautiful girl too. 

Don't think it doesn't happen even in a sleepy town like Chiang Mai.  The people are great here, much friendlier than other parts of Thailand I've found but there's always a few rotten apples anywhere you go.

I agree with the earlier post, I feel much safer here in CM compared to some places back in the states.  Ever been to the south side of chicago late at night??  Or how about east LA?  jeez, better bring an AK with you.

I'll take CM for safety anyday over those places... :D

Yes I worked 77 division for LAPD, a black area. I was assigned there for three years. You know what stayed in my mind the fear that the white community had, for the violence there, when in fact it was very rare for white victim to be found. The majority of the community were hard working people trying to survive, in what at times could be a war zone.

I have had problems in Thailand but only in the tourist areas, the victims of gangs here in Udon seem to be Thia. I have never heard of a farrang being involved unless it was some stupid bar fight.

Udon is changing the farrang population just keeps growing and I fear that they will be reciepents of what the Thias already have to endure.

Or maybe it's that I'm changing.

It could happen everywhere after dark in lonely streets. Keep in mind that no where is safe after dark. Walk where many ppl and avoid desert Soi or streets. If things really gonna happen. The last way is yelling in thai " Fireeee ...helpp " Chuai Duai..Fai Mai ....Rew Rew...Chuai Duai... :o and sorry the ppl after they running around and have a look ( at you both ). We were taught to be VERY careful nomatter where, especially when it's dark and nobody there, even on the Saparn Loy...try to avoid if there is nobody there. Walk down the street , dont climb up.

New job for thief in Bkk lately is stealing iron stuff which decorate on your house's door or the iron thing that cover the water way on the street of MuBaan. Just happened to know that they took the house's number ( of my firned ) which was made from iron thing away. Next time they might carried the whole Iron Gate huh ? Keep in mind, the rat comes out after the sun set. :D