Your Best Picture Taken In Thailand

eurasianthai

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A young girl on her first at the school for the blind -- Lampang, 2003

A hauntingly beautiful picture of a young girl. Was she frightened of her first school day or sad because of her handicap ? Despite the picture needing a little editing, I find it one of the best I've seen in a ling time. Thanks for posting.

Maybe not my best but absolutely different. Taken on Koh Kradan early in the morning.

f/11 HDR ISO160

Camera Sony R1

post-29230-1268374038_thumb.jpg

All comments appreciated!

:D:):D

I clearly see an elephant - on its stomach with front legs slightly bent in front of it.

I clearly see an elephant - on its stomach with front legs slightly bent in front of it.

Hmm, I see a wolf but maybe that´s what we sometimes had in my region in Sweden.

(no, I never saw one myself!!)

I think the B&W gives more room for the viewers fantasy ?

:D:):D

debest020_800.jpg

Poi spent two nights in the hospital with asthma last week. She recovered and came to my favourite restaurant with her Mother and a couple of friends, of which I was one. I reckon that's one of the best photos I've ever taken in Thailand, but not for the photogenic qualities, but because she was there to star in the show. Poi is four years old. I don't have permission to publish this, but have no doubt that she and her Mother would approve if I asked.

I sure can relate to that, Sean.

Happened to the little one quite a few times :)

One of the last episode...

566r.JPG

It is off-topic for the purpose of this thread mate, but I've been in the hospital with asthma (back in Perth, Au) a few times over the past decade, and for the sake of her quick recovery, if you can, try to teach her how to keep track of her blood/oxy levels with the little monitor they put on our fingers, and unstrap the mask from her head when she is awake, and let her breathe on her own, when she is competent to do so. The most accurate indication of an asthma attack comes from the mind of the patient. Sometimes, we just want to breathe the fresh air in the ward, but this should be in knowing what our blood/oxy readings are as it shows on the monitor from the little clip that goes on our fingers.

I wish that child, like Poi, my hotel cleaner's daughter, the best of health and a fresh air environment by the sea for a long and happy life.

Now, please as I've drifted off-topic, let's return to the photographs of wonderful things in Thailand.

The little one is getting better when getting older, so, hopefully, he'll be out of the woods when older.

But indeed, back to topic.

Did you ever eat flying squirrels?

I did not but I know where you can buy some if you fancy trying... :)

3913922197_96f6fe5db1.jpg

Edited by eurasianthai