Woman Shot As She Rides Home With Her Husband

Rimmer

In the early hours of Monday Morning, Police were called to a house located at the Arreya Villas located in Soi Siam Country Club after a foreign man reported a shooting and injuries sustained to his Thai Wife. Rescue Workers attended to Khun Galayar aged 37 who was able to return to their house with her Husband after the pair managed to escape from a pick-up which had followed them as they drove home. Someone inside the vehicle repeatedly shot at the pair as they drove home. Khun Galayar, who was riding as passenger, was hit in her right hip area but was thankfully not seriously injured. She was taken to Hospital where Police interviewed her and her Husband but any motive for the attack was not forthcoming. Police can only guess for now but suspect it may have been a pre-planned event. The investigation continues.

www.pattayaone.net

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

2010-02-01

post-22250-1265017126_thumb.jpg

post-22250-1265017147_thumb.jpg

And the cops are doing what???

I think the article states the investigation is ongoing...

Agree that it this was an attack when it was dark, any identification of persons or vehicle would be problematic as that lower part of SCCR is poorly lit at nite. My bet would be either a case of mistaken identity (the hit or "message" was meant for someone else), someone settling a business or personal dispute, or, of course, robbery attempt.

Well if you've lived here for any length of time you will know the cops are most likely doing nothing. We are having more and more violent attacks in Pattaya and I have yet to see any of them being solved.

Yes, Thailand could do with a better Police Force like the UK or USA, etc, but do you want to pay rates of taxes like in the UK, USA, etc?

I think the Police will charge the lady for stealing the bullet :D

:) yes that's the local style, if the BiB where only doing nothing about the investigation or all the rest, that alone would be already a HUGE improvement, the problem is that they are always hassling people for cash or whatever other benefit they can extortionate....

what's funny is that there is a story out now on another local newspaper that states they this guy had just picked up this woman from a local beach rd beer bar and she "agreed to go for a ride on his bike". it wasn't until they got to SSCC that they reckoned someone was tossing bullets at them.

so... did they know eachother? are they really married? or, did this guy pick up the wrong trick to take home to Areeya?

Sounds like a warning?

Could have let off several shots at her body!

If it were a robbery I would have thought they would have gone for the driver?

Whatever it is about, not a nice thing to happen to anyone! In my 6 years in LoS I cannot remember so many related incidents in such a short time as have been reported recently?

Is it me or are things really getting worse?