Luring Lovers Gather

Damienng

Hi all I recently just discovered a pond that holds barra from 2 to 4kgs that has yet to been open to public not even thai's. Manage to talk to the owner of the pond to allow me to fish for 1000baht. Had one hel_l of a great time there the barra's where eating everthing from swimming lures to poppers and guess what even EMPTY hooks. Ive recorded a video of me catching a fish on empty hook but haven't got the time to upload it to YouTube yet. Anyone interested in join me this week? Just PM me to arrange. Will be going there again tml. :)

Have to agree with Nignoy. When you don't even need bait to catch a fish you may as well chuck in house bricks and save the time casting. On the other extreme I am just back from chasing mahseer on the Cauvery in India and it took me all of 6 days to land a decent fish and what a cracker it was and came in at 38lbs (photo upon request). Just wouldn't have been the same thrill if I had caught a dozen of the same size each day.

But each to their own eh. Wonder what barra from a pond taste like.

Yup... was there yesterday once again.... fished the barra for awhile and headed to another pond for some relax fishing.... managed to land a 10kg cat on 2 to 8lbs rod and 8lbs braided line.... the cat nearly took my entire setup.... but had fun....

I had a good evening back in England this Friday after chub in a river about a foot deep. Floating down crust on light gear they were jumping and zig zagging all over the place.

Thai season starts for me as soon as I get back in May. There's a local pond in Banchang I keep blanking on and won't be happy untill I break my duck on it.

Tight lines

Sparkey

I had a good evening back in England this Friday after chub in a river about a foot deep. Floating down crust on light gear they were jumping and zig zagging all over the place.

Thai season starts for me as soon as I get back in May. There's a local pond in Banchang I keep blanking on and won't be happy untill I break my duck on it.

Tight lines

Sparkey

how'd 2 happen :)

Edited by sparkey

• 3 weeks later...

Come try popping and frogs for the WILD Snake Heads and Jungle Perch (doesn't look anything like a Perch!)...pop pop pop BOOM!!! oho! Mahseer fishing is brilliant, I agree, but not cheap and stocks are continually thinning (like my hair!). Want to give the PNG Black Bass a go sometime too, but that is super steep!!

Well let's just say I enjoy popping for barra's it's a thrill to watch them hit the lures.... Jus finished my second trip... Thinking of gng there again this sat or sun... Anyone care to join me?

Damienng, i am in Bangkok from Mar 1 -3, and can spare a day to go out for fishing. do you have a spare gear for me to fish along with you? how far is the place from Nana Station. Or do i have to buy the gear. Where can i buy good gear Like Rapala Popping Rod and a decent spinning Reel (Shimano or Daiwa). Send your number so that i can talk to you when i arrive there. I come often to Bangkok and hope we can be good friend to go out for fishing together.

Robert

Well let's just say I enjoy popping for barra's it's a thrill to watch them hit the lures.... Jus finished my second trip... Thinking of gng there again this sat or sun... Anyone care to join me?

Damienng, i am in Bangkok from Mar 1 -3, and can spare a day to go out for fishing. do you have a spare gear for me to fish along with you? how far is the place from Nana Station. Or do i have to buy the gear. Where can i buy good gear Like Rapala Popping Rod and a decent spinning Reel (Shimano or Daiwa). Send your number so that i can talk to you when i arrive there. I come often to Bangkok and hope we can be good friend to go out for fishing together.

Robert

Damienng, Sorry i forgot to tell you that i am from India, Chennai and we do lot of boat and surf fishing in the coasts. I have caught a 18kg GT Dec last year. I used Rapala Popping rod and Daiwa saltist 4500 reel with 60lbs braid and with Halco Poppers. It was real challenging as it was my first big catch. I am into angling just for about 6 months. I already have 4 rods and 4 reels for popping, spinning, bait casting and trawling.

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

I do love the joy of catching some voracious barramundi every once in a while but boy do I hate how they damage the hel_l out of my shock leader lol.

P.S. anyone ever notice how Thai people always call barramundi "sea bass" at restaurants?