Powerful Windstom In Korat -

buadhai

What was with that huge windstorm in Korat yesterday afternoon? We were driving in the vicinity of the train station when we saw huge plywood signs, rubbish bins, plastic chairs and tables and other junk flying across the road. Big trees were down, TV aerials bent in half and shop keepers were scrambling to take down umbrellas and awnings. We later learned that a huge satellite dish blew off one of the hospitals and fell to the ground, six floors below.

Amazing....

Had a little bit of rain and wind "up here" yesterday, but not as bad as you describe. However, around 3 or 4 weeks ago, we had a similar wind/rain storm and indeed it blew the roof tops off some houses and the TV aerial on top of my house was bent to 90 degree angle. Actually I was on my motorcycle when the storm started and it was all I could do stay on the road. Yea, amazing. :o

I was just talking to my wife when this storm raged over Srisaket, she asked me to call back in 5 minitus, because she wants to put my motercycle inside.

I could only reach her 24 hours later again.

She told me that the she could'nt, call eighter, and it was very scarry, the older people in the village never hada storm like that before,and scarred as well, cause rooftiles, attenas, etc wher flying around.

Strangely in Srisaket city (15 min on Mc) everythig was quiet.