Everton Thread

sharecropper

The figure I read was GBP100 million :)

For example this is a subheading from a recent article in The Guardian: Purslow admits banks demand debt reduction by £100m

If you're getting Bloomberg feeds are you working in finance? If so, could you do us a favour and try to verify the figure?

Paying down a debt of GBP 100m means big player sales, and/or more very expensive debt refinancing. Either way I can hear the undertaker knocking another metallic object into that wooden, post-life dwelling unit marked "Liverpool FC".

the fact is we need to find 100m of additional financing to pay down the debt before the summer or RBS will take it out of hicks and gillett's hands. player sales aren't a reality yet but they might be if we don't finish top four this season.

Out of my whole (large) extended Liverpool family of my generation and above, there are only three Everton supporters, the other 50 odd people support Liverpool, and all my immediate family are reds. I don't understand why I took to Everton at all.

One thing's for certain though - this year they are are all sounding a lot less cocky than usual, so that's great.

I had nothing against Liverpool until the Waiter made his "small club" speech. How ironic if he leaves them having turned them into the the same.

you should re-read that quote then mate. he never called everton a 'small club'.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everton a "small" team says Rafa Benitez

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After being held to a goalless draw by Merseyside rivals Everton, Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez expressed his displeasure at a "small club" (Everton’s) defensive mind-set.

"When you play against the smaller teams at Anfield you know the game will be narrow and compact and at times we were a little bit nervous," Rafa told Sky Sports.

That will do for me!

Thanks for clarifying the GBP 100M figure. Do the owners actually have all or most of the cash funds that RBS can take - like in an escrow account, or do they have to raise it all?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After being held to a goalless draw by Merseyside rivals Everton, Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez expressed his displeasure at a "small club" (Everton's) defensive mind-set.

"When you play against the smaller teams at Anfield you know the game will be narrow and compact and at times we were a little bit nervous," Rafa told Sky Sports.

That will do for me!

Thanks for clarifying the GBP 100M figure. Do the owners actually have all or most of the cash funds that RBS can take - like in an escrow account, or do they have to raise it all?

see there it is. he said 'smaller'. which everton are. this is a fact no? it was instantly twisted by the press into something disrespectful, which it really wasn't. he was just saying that teams who are below liverpool in the table typically come to anfield with a defensive mindset. and there's nothing wrong with that, often it yields points. but the witchhunt afterwards based on something he didn't actually say was stupid.

the owners have absolutely no money nor have they ever put any of their own money into the club. they are a couple of bullshitting con artists who never had the club's best intentions at heart and have very little liquidity. the club now needs to raise the 100m from a new investor (purslow's remit) or the RBS will begin to find buyers prepared to pay a knockdown price.

After being held to a goalless draw by Merseyside rivals Everton, Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez expressed his displeasure at a "small club" (Everton's) defensive mind-set.

That will do for me!

see there it is. he said 'smaller'. which everton are. this is a fact no? it was instantly twisted by the press into something disrespectful, which it really wasn't. he was just saying that teams who are below liverpool in the table typically come to anfield with a defensive mindset. and there's nothing wrong with that, often it yields points. but the witchhunt afterwards based on something he didn't actually say was stupid.

the owners have absolutely no money nor have they ever put any of their own money into the club. they are a couple of bullshitting con artists who never had the club's best intentions at heart and have very little liquidity. the club now needs to raise the 100m from a new investor (purslow's remit) or the RBS will begin to find buyers prepared to pay a knockdown price.

Benitez knew what he was doing and intended the remark I think - this report in the Independent makes the point well: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...res-435127.html

But anyway, he'll be gone soon.

Re the GBP100m and a possible fire-sale if they don't come up with the cash, maybe that's why Liverpool have effectively reduced the asking price by offering 33% instead of 25% for 100m? But one thing I don't understand is, if that is correct, it means the club is only worth 300m GBP in total, which seems very cheap for the brand.

That will do for me!

Benitez knew what he was doing and intended the remark I think - this report in the Independent makes the point well: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...res-435127.html

But anyway, he'll be gone soon.

Re the GBP100m and a possible fire-sale if they don't come up with the cash, maybe that's why Liverpool have effectively reduced the asking price by offering 33% instead of 25% for 100m? But one thing I don't understand is, if that is correct, it means the club is only worth 300m GBP in total, which seems very cheap for the brand.

I think they should do an Ashley and sell the stadium name to www.toysrus.com or similar to raise some cash.

You're not singing, You're not singing, you're not singing anymore, You're not singing any-more.

We are today mate, that's for sure. Beating a GENUINELY top Premiership side and not losing 1-0 in a mid-table scrap. How did Liverpool do last night? Not much singing on your board today I'll wager.

A day of rejoicing for us bluenoses, not much singing on LFC board but lots of whingeing I bet. Ol' Rafa had a right whine about the penalty shout and then said can't say too much ????? I wasn't sure about the Donavan signing but as he laid on the first goal for Saha he's repaid his fee and anything else he does is a bonus.

Cheers Blues fans

A day of rejoicing for us bluenoses, not much singing on LFC board but lots of whingeing I bet. Ol' Rafa had a right whine about the penalty shout and then said can't say too much ????? I wasn't sure about the Donavan signing but as he laid on the first goal for Saha he's repaid his fee and anything else he does is a bonus.

Cheers Blues fans

Yeah - it feels good today!

Just looking at the table. Strong as they are, I feel we will finish above Birmingham, but whether Villa and Spurs will drop many games, I'm not sure. The best I think we can realistically hope for is to finish 6th.

Liverpool and City will fight it out for 4th and 5th.

Another blue boy here. Dont post much but stumbled across this thread so I could be here a lot more :)

Great result last night for us. Saha superb, just a shame he was so off the pace against the <deleted> on Saturday. Got to do our best to try and persuade Donovan to stay as well.

A shame for Liverpool last night eh :D , I blame the yanks myself! Allegedlly Gerrard up to his old diving tricks again. Can't believe how this media darling's antics are always overlooked by the press. His "sack of tatties" impression getting Piennar sent off was outragous.

Anyway, brum and hopefully Spurs can be caught by the end of the season. Man U up next in the league. COYB!

Another blue boy here. Dont post much but stumbled across this thread so I could be here a lot more :)

Great result last night for us. Saha superb, just a shame he was so off the pace against the <deleted> on Saturday. Got to do our best to try and persuade Donovan to stay as well.

A shame for Liverpool last night eh :D , I blame the yanks myself! Allegedlly Gerrard up to his old diving tricks again. Can't believe how this media darling's antics are always overlooked by the press. His "sack of tatties" impression getting Piennar sent off was outragous.

Anyway, brum and hopefully Spurs can be caught by the end of the season. Man U up next in the league. COYB!

I hadf orgotten Gerrard's Piennar pantomime, also getting a free kick just outside the box for another pathetic dive on Saturday.

Good to have you on board!

That will do for me!

I remember Hicks or Gillett decribing us as a "small franchise".

And sorry but I'm not in finance, it was just a desperate day on the box. Sad comment on life on the dark side perhaps :) .

Today is a good one, and last night one of the rare ones when I get out of bed to see a midweek match, and very glad I am that I bothered. COYB

Is the match going to be on TV tonight?

See we had to move the game to a silly kick off time for match goers, yet again getting done over by Liverpool in Europe because our original date clashed with theirs.

Like after Heysel and when we finished above them in the Premiership and got into Europe, then they moaned and got in as cup holders, and we received much less money from the Euro pot as a result.

Bitter? Nah.......(Just a long memory).

Terrible result - about Fellaini

Acceptable result against a decent side last night even though we now have a slightly nerve-wracking game away to them next week. A thrid goal would have calmed that a bit.

I will be interested to see how Liverpool respond to being in a (for them) second string European competition on Thursday. They must fancy their chances of going all the way, but, this season, who knows.

poo fellaini, out for six months. that'll learn the stupidly-haired lanky streak of piss to go stamping on greeks.

In a perfect world one day that scheming mafia-sponsored fat Premier titleless lump Gerrard will break his arm as he takes a dive yet again under a fly-light challenge.

He goes down so often in a game he could get a job on Soi 6.

poo fellaini, out for six months. that'll learn the stupidly-haired lanky streak of piss to go stamping on greeks.

In a perfect world one day that scheming mafia-sponsored fat Premier titleless lump Gerrard will break his arm as he takes a dive yet again under a fly-light challenge.

Surely you're not referring to StevieNotGuiltyyeronner. "I had to get the first punch in, in self defence, as I am a humble professional sportsman in peak physical fitness (although full of ale) and he is a sedenntary fat git". Oh, I see, yes in fact you are.

:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:cheesy: Your so right Sharecropper

Surely you're not referring to StevieNotGuiltyyeronner. "I had to get the first punch in, in self defence, as I am a humble professional sportsman in peak physical fitness (although full of ale) and he is a sedenntary fat git". Oh, I see, yes in fact you are.

No. I was referring to the other Gerrard, the one who asked a Scouse mafia guy to lean on another one who was issuing extortion demands and death threats, then suddenly ended up in the new guy's pocket, so much so that he gave a character reference letter on this gangster's behalf in a trial for armed robbery. Sadly Gerrard's reference fell on deaf ears. The guy was convicted and, surprise surprise, did a runner before sentencing.

He was also thretanened when he wanted to leave to sign for Chelsea a couple of years ago.

In fact this superb bit of investigative journalism from the (wait for it) Daily Mail, is a must-read.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-56...underworld.html

No. I was referring to the other Gerrard, the one who asked a Scouse mafia guy to lean on another one who was issuing extortion demands and death threats, then suddenly ended up in the new guy's pocket, so much so that he gave a character reference letter on this gangster's behalf in a trial for armed robbery. Sadly Gerrard's reference fell on deaf ears. The guy was convicted and, surprise surprise, did a runner before sentencing.

He was also thretanened when he wanted to leave to sign for Chelsea a couple of years ago.

In fact this superb bit of investigative journalism from the (wait for it) Daily Mail, is a must-read.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-56...underworld.html

fark me , gerrards plates in them sandals, what A prize c###nt :)

I know that places change while you are away, but when did Croxteth become "inner city"? Or is that Daily Mail speak for shithole? :D

The latter!

An article from the Times dated 2007 but gives the gist, and for more updated stuff Google "Croxteth Gangs". Some interesting You tube stuff. :)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/c...icle2314594.ece

Everton v ManUre in the early kick-off today. Tough one for Moyes and Co with Fellainni and Cahill both out. I'd like to see Vaughan come on at some point and get in amongst them, but Moyes will probably opt for a more defensive approach. I hope we take the game to them and don't lie down as we've done so many times against them since sky re-invented football

Cheers

Boca

OK, I'll say it - that was an astounding performance. Maybe the best I have seen Everton in 25 years, since the Bayern Munich game at Goodison.

Last season beating Man U on penalties doesn't even come close. Two superb substitutions, and two incredibly well taken goals by Rodwell and Gosling, as was the Russian's incredible piece of un-Everton skill from outside the box.

Couldn't believe what I was watching!

OK, I'll say it - that was an astounding performance. Maybe the best I have seen Everton in 25 years, since the Bayern Munich game at Goodison.

Last season beating Man U on penalties doesn't even come close. Two superb substitutions, and two incredibly well taken goals by Rodwell and Gosling, as was the Russian's incredible piece of un-Everton skill from outside the box.

yep got to hand it to you guys - very good football last night.

Fantastic result and performance. I got to admit I was wondering what Moyes was doing bringing on Gosling but he had the extra bit of energy to get into position to score on the end of a great bit of work down the left by Piennar and Donovan. Who am I to judge?!

Rodwell's goal was when I really started to bounce around, but Bily's strike was superb. Half the ground couldn't believe it went in! A good goal from Utd as well, it has to be said, and we were getting get creamed down that right side in the first half, but it all worked out in the end.

Two "massive" games coming up now in Sporting and Spurs away. Just think where we would have been had we not dropped needless points v Stoke, Wolves and Hull etc early in the season.

Boca

Archived