Everton Thread

sharecropper

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well played there the trickies, thought you thoroughly deserved that. see how much better you are without that lumbering carthorse fellaini?

You boys did us a favour!

Sometimes, for all his brilliance he often breaks up the play too much by giving away silly fouls.

Just posted some this in the Liverpool thread but thought I would repeat the info here. MOD NOTE - THIS IS NOT A REPEAT POST!

I have just spent ages looking at the final games left for all teams from Spurs to Fulham, giving each of those teams a win against lower sides, and draws or losses to teams above or around them, and some special games, derbies etc taken into account and I think this is how it will finish:

4. Spurs (68 points)

5. Liverpool (65 points)

6. Villa (65)

7. Everton (61)

8. Birmingham (61)

9. Man City (59)

10. Fulham (57)

Rough and ready of course, and looking harsh on City, but they have to play Chelsea, Spurs, Birmingham, Man U, Arsenal and Villa.

This is how I broke down our remaining games to get us to 7th, assuming everyone else does what I predict:

Spurs (0 - we lose)

Hull (3 - we win)

Birmingham (1 - we draw)

Bolton (3)

Wolves (3)

West Ham (3)

Villa (0)

Blackburn (3)

Fulham (1)

Stoke (3)

Portsmouth (3)

Maybe a tall order?

Good result Saturday, but ManU just didn't look like ManU--perhaps Ferguson had a point that it was a reaction to the midweek game, ......err hang on didn't other teams play midweek as well?

Can't argue with 3-1, but at the same time all those yellow cards show that we didn't exactly walk it.

OK. Done. I understand the restrictions on gambling in Thailand and on TV.

So, I think Everton will finish above Man City. You think they won't.

The person who is not correct in his thinking at the end of the season makes an unspecified charitable donation (up to you) to a beggar/s, temple or charity of his choice - how's that?.

Here's your run-in and how I think you will do in terms of points from games:

Chelsea - 0

Spurs - 1

Sunderland- 3

Fulham - 1

Wigan - 3

Burnley -3

Birmingham - 1

Man United - 0

Arsenal - 0

Villa -1

Chelsea - 0

Spurs - 1

Sunderland- 3

Fulham - 1

Wigan - 3

Burnley -3

Birmingham - 1

Man United - 0

Arsenal - 0

Villa -1

And you are missing one VERY vital thing from that fixture list above. We still have to play Everton at our gaff :D It was postponed at the start of the season and hasn't been re-scheduled yet. A true Everton fan would have know that :) Only joking :D

Chelsea - 0

Spurs - 1

Sunderland- 3

Fulham - 1

Wigan - 3

Burnley -3

Birmingham - 1

Man United - 0

Arsenal - 0

Villa -1

And you are missing one VERY vital thing from that fixture list above. We still have to play Everton at our gaff :D It was postponed at the start of the season and hasn't been re-scheduled yet. A true Everton fan would have know that :) Only joking :D

Ah. Thanks. Another three points to Everton then. :D

Sporting Lisbon tonight then. How do we think we'll do?

Heitinga and Distin both out so Jagielka straight back into the squad. Senderos with back trouble if reports are to be believed and word on the street is that Yakubu and Yobo had visa troubles and had to travel seperately to Portugal.

That late goal Sporting scored in the first leg shakes this one up no end. They were no great shakes in the first leg and have not won for a month in their league so if we play to our abilities I think we can take them. Won't be an easy game though.

COYB

Sporting Lisbon tonight then. How do we think we'll do?

Heitinga and Distin both out so Jagielka straight back into the squad. Senderos with back trouble if reports are to be believed and word on the street is that Yakubu and Yobo had visa troubles and had to travel seperately to Portugal.

That late goal Sporting scored in the first leg shakes this one up no end. They were no great shakes in the first leg and have not won for a month in their league so if we play to our abilities I think we can take them. Won't be an easy game though.

COYB

A very tight game. maybe just scrape a 1-0. Nervous though.

I had you down for a win....

For me you boys are a hard working side but no real class. That was obvious from my stream even though I got to being a <deleted> on the General branch!

Hats off to Fulham mind you and 4th place isn't out of the question yet!!

YEah a great win for Fulham, although I think they will finsh no higher than 7th in the PL.

Anybody on here speak Spanish?

About the year 2000 I was in Vina del Mar,Chile,where Everton play.

About that time I think they had been relegated to Division 2.

I bought a T shirt with the following written on.

No Solo Soy Perfecto

Tambien Soy del Everton.

Bloke I was with reckons it says

Nobody's perfect,

I support Everton

This correct?

This is how I broke down our (Everton) remaining games to get us to 7th, assuming everyone else does what I predict:

Spurs (0 - we lose)

Well predicted SC :)

Here's your run-in (Man City) and how I think you will do in terms of points from games:

Chelsea - 0

Ooooh. Not so well predicted SC :D

This is how I broke down our (Everton) remaining games to get us to 7th, assuming everyone else does what I predict:

Spurs (0 - we lose)

Well predicted SC :)

Here's your run-in (Man City) and how I think you will do in terms of points from games:

Chelsea - 0

Ooooh. Not so well predicted SC :D

Disgusting. City taking advantage of that poor abused French bird to win a game! In fact I really enjoyed it although I didn't think you would win it for most of the first half.

FYI, if all results stay as I think, City will now finish 7th as a result of that game.

And I predicted the right result in Everton v Spurs, Liverpool, Birmingham and had Fulham down as a win but they drew, and are probably now out of the running.

What would you do without Tevez eh.

Liverpool without Gerard and Torres would be rubbish, Man U without Rooney would be much worse, City without Tevez would not be as good, Chelsea and Arsenal are more squad teams, that don't really rely on one player (maybe Drogba is overwhelmingly important, so maybe him, but maybe their best is already behind them now), Villa also a squad team.

Ahem, come on you Blue Boys.... Another fine squad team. Maybe that's the way of future success. Economic attrition!

Archived