Everton Thread

sharecropper

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And you are missing one VERY vital thing from that fixture list above. We still have to play Everton at our gaff :D It was postponed at the start of the season and hasn't been re-scheduled yet. A true Everton fan would have know that :D Only joking :D

Ah. Thanks. Another three points to Everton then. :D

We'll see. The rearranged fixture has just been scheduled today. 24th March, 7:45pm kick off. Being here, I hate mid week night games :)

Yep, the ups and downs of supporting this great club. Arteta returning will give the quality we have been missing all season and will take a bit of pressure off Piennar and Cahill. Hope we manage to hang on to Gosling as he is one for the future I think, be good to see the Yak achieving some form too.

Another happy day for the Blues!

I thought we should have won last night - although a draw isn't too shabby, and is what I predicted in the run-in.

So far all my Everton, Birmingham and Spurs predictions have been correct, Liverpool and Villa are performing slightly worse than expected, City better, and Fulham are now well out of the running for 4th spot:

4. Spurs - 68

5. Villa - 63

6. Liverpool - 62

7. Man City - 62

8. Everton - 61

9. Birmingham 61

10 Fulham 55

I thought we should have won last night - although a draw isn't too shabby, and is what I predicted in the run-in.

So far all my Everton, Birmingham and Spurs predictions have been correct, Liverpool and Villa are performing slightly worse than expected, City better, and Fulham are now well out of the running for 4th spot:

4. Spurs - 68

5. Villa - 63

6. Liverpool - 62

7. Man City - 62

8. Everton - 61

9. Birmingham 61

10 Fulham 55

I wish i had as much faith in Spurs as you Sharecropper :)

Aflieconn - their points tally is based on a pretty objective look at their fixtures: I had them down to beat Everton (b*stards) and Birmingham, which they did, and think they will also beat Stoke, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Man U and Bolton, but will draw with Man City, and lose to both Chelsea and Arsenal.

I would be delighted to see them do a lot worse!

Aflieconn - their points tally is based on a pretty objective look at their fixtures: I had them down to beat Everton (b*stards) and Birmingham, which they did, and think they will also beat Stoke, Portsmouth, Sunderland, Man U and Bolton, but will draw with Man City, and lose to both Chelsea and Arsenal.

I would be delighted to see them do a lot worse!

Once again thanks for you confidence, but we won't beat Man Yoo at Old Trafford, we'll lose! The Arse and Chelsea will most likely be drawn at the Lane. :D

Good win Saturday for the Blues, followed it on the net, all Everton and a good old fashioned blood and guts match, Howard had to make a couple of quality saves though and Heitinga made a few last ditchers. Poor old Anichebe injured again, ribs by the sound of it so must have been an armpit tackle, hope he recovers soon as I would love to see him have an extended run in the side. Our beloved neighbours went down again shame heheh.

Regards to all fellow Blues

BLAITCH

Watching Liverpool play Man U and thinking of our game against them (admittedly at home) really showed the difference in quality of the two sides. Liverpool could face a clear-out in the Summer which will see them become a mid-table side, wholly ill-equipped for the challenges such teams face each season. Benitez deserves that, and I hope he stays.

Watching Liverpool play Man U and thinking of our game against them (admittedly at home) really showed the difference in quality of the two sides. Liverpool could face a clear-out in the Summer which will see them become a mid-table side, wholly ill-equipped for the challenges such teams face each season. Benitez deserves that, and I hope he stays.

A stampede from Anfield is more than likely and yes many of us hope Benitez is held to his disgraceful contract. Love to see him fighting relegation next season.

What a superb result last night. And with Villa drawing (again) and Birmingham losing, I calculate Everton may finish fifth. The table changed dramatically overnight.

It sounds like it was a great game and to beat City at Eastlands is no small feat this season (their first loss?).

I really want to finish above Liverpool, and even that seems possible now.

What a superb result last night. And with Villa drawing (again) and Birmingham losing, I calculate Everton may finish fifth. The table changed dramatically overnight.

It sounds like it was a great game and to beat City at Eastlands is no small feat this season (their first loss?).

I really want to finish above Liverpool, and even that seems possible now.

More likely than possible. I was watching as much of your game as i was ours in the final twenty minutes! Great performance

i fuc_king love the bitterness in this thread. feel the bitterness just pouring out. :D

Talk about Sweet Bitterness, notice how when Felony got injured by Mr. LP the Greek, Everton have been marching slowly but surely upwards and are right behind the Reds. :)

i fuc_king love the bitterness in this thread. feel the bitterness just pouring out. :D

Strange comment, but from a wool kopite who feels he has to say something, it's something to say. :)

BENITEZ MUST STAY!

Strange comment, but from a wool kopite who feels he has to say something, it's something to say. :)

BENITEZ MUST STAY!

not strange really, just an observation. sharecropper is funny.

and yes, rafa must stay. albeit possibly because firing him would put us into administration.

Strange comment, but from a wool kopite who feels he has to say something, it's something to say. :D

BENITEZ MUST STAY!

and yes, rafa must stay. albeit possibly because firing him would put us into administration.

^ In that case, Benitez must be SACKED :)

Strange comment, but from a wool kopite who feels he has to say something, it's something to say. :D

BENITEZ MUST STAY!

Don't worry, apparently he loves the club, so he'd never enforce all the clauses he previously demanded in his latest contract. :)

BENITEZ MUST STAY!

Don't worry, apparently he loves the club, so he'd never enforce all the clauses he previously demanded in his latest contract. :)

which clauses are those carmine?

BENITEZ MUST STAY!

which clauses are those carmine?

Well, as stated on the BBC today, it appears that Rafa has a clause that states there can be no negotiation in his severence pay. I'm far from an expert on contracts but i doubt many managers in the world have what they are suggesting is written in his. He will leave when he is good and ready. Makes him a better business man than a manager but fair play if its true.

Well, as stated on the BBC today, it appears that Rafa has a clause that states there can be no negotiation in his severence pay. I'm far from an expert on contracts but i doubt many managers in the world have what they are suggesting is written in his. He will leave when he is good and ready. Makes him a better business man than a manager but fair play if its true.

that is news to me, but i don't really see how that differs from any other manager's contract? you want to sack them, you pay them off and buy out their contract - t'was ever thus no?

he's stated before that he intends to see out the owners and hopefully get the club back on track under new ownership - so in fact it's not a case of him 'leaving when he's good and ready' and more that he's calling the bullshit owners' bluff. if they want rid of him that badly they'll have to stump up some cash, something they've refused to do for transfers, contracts, the new stadium. . .

^ SteveH - I'm sorry but to non-Reds, this looks bizarre.

Benitez is to blame for most of the club's ills, not the owners, who have given him loads of money to waste. It is his tactics on th field that have caused your collapse this season, he pissed off Alonso, he has alientated many others, he failed to land Barry by irritating O'Neil and still bought Aquilani for 20 m quid - to be used at best as a subsitiute.

The owners are just convenient whipping boys, and the longer Benitez stays the worse things will get.

^ SteveH - I'm sorry but to non-Reds, this looks bizarre.

Benitez is to blame for most of the club's ills, not the owners, who have given him loads of money to waste. It is his tactics on th field that have caused your collapse this season, he pissed off Alonso, he has alientated many others, he failed to land Barry by irritating O'Neil and still bought Aquilani for 20 m quid - to be used at best as a subsitiute.

The owners are just convenient whipping boys, and the longer Benitez stays the worse things will get.

That's a perfect summation of what almost everyone outside the club seems to agree, me included. You won't get much agreement from those inside though. Whether that's because they understand all the ins and outs better, or whether that's because Istanbul has forever clouded their vision, i'm not sure - maybe a combination of both...

Archived