World Cup 2010 Viewing?

lostboy777

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's on Thai TV, with Thai commentary; Ch3 and 7. If you have WETV then they will have English commentary on the supersport channels. App UBC had the English audio available if you watched the Thai channels via their platform for 2006. I don't trust them to do the same again. but all games will def be on!

It's on Thai TV, with Thai commentary; Ch3 and 7. If you have WETV then they will have English commentary on the supersport channels. App UBC had the English audio available if you watched the Thai channels via their platform for 2006. I don't trust them to do the same again. but all games will def be on!

True told me you cannot change languages on the free channels via the True menu.

I spoke to Channel 3 today, they said the games will be broadcast in both languages, and you can change languages on the TV menu. But when I asked them if I could test it on any other program they transmit in 2 languages, they said they don't have any ... I haven't asked the other free channels yet.

App UBC had the English audio available if you watched the Thai channels via their platform for 2006.

That's not true. The last two Worlds Cups - 2002, 2006 - there has been no English commentary via UBC / True Visions. If you do a search on the forum you will find a number of threads back in 2006 with people up in arms about it. This World Cup i expect will be no different.

• 3 weeks later...

There was NO ENGLISH on UBC last world cup. :) Because the government demanded this and UBC was pis-s off after they promised to their customers English. :D All world cup was rotated on Thai channels only in Thai. English could be had if in Chiang Mai you had WETV, one super sports channel. :D This is one reason super sports has become so popular. :D

I hope the earlier writer was right and that this time it'll be available in English as well.

If the Champions League is any indication, i wouldn't be holding your breath.

Agreed Channel 3 English commentary via UBC button on remote control is a bit hit and miss, but I never have a problem with Channel 7 when watching the Champions League.

The down side on that is there are threads on TV that Multichoice is dumping Supersports May 1st. :)

If Thailand fcuks it up so badly that its not freely availabe with English commentary then there are plenty other places in South East Asia a quick flight away. :D

The down side on that is there are threads on TV that Multichoice is dumping Supersports May 1st. :)

If Thailand fcuks it up so badly that its not freely availabe with English commentary then there are plenty other places in South East Asia a quick flight away. :D

You thank they really care. If four years ago is the scale to judge by better get your airline ticket now. :D

I hope the earlier writer was right and that this time it'll be available in English as well.

If the Champions League is any indication, i wouldn't be holding your breath.

Agreed Channel 3 English commentary via UBC button on remote control is a bit hit and miss, but I never have a problem with Channel 7 when watching the Champions League.

FYI: if you set up English as the default language on your box, you never need to press any buttons.

Well I'll be watching as many games as possible in my favourite bar on Supersport.

:)

The down side on that is there are threads on TV that Multichoice is dumping Supersports May 1st. :D

Similar to you my friend i will enjoy world cup games in theaters with enjoyment.

• 4 weeks later...
You thank they really care. If four years ago is the scale to judge by better get your airline ticket now. :)

What was the deal for the last World Cup?

Last world cup I moved to Ko Samui, where they had English language coverage on their cable channel. UBC/True

didn 't buy the product, and watching it on Thai TV is a pain. I can understand the commentary, but the commentators don't seem to understand the game.

Does anyone know if there is cable coverage in Bangkok, or any other provinces?

You thank they really care. If four years ago is the scale to judge by better get your airline ticket now. :)

What was the deal for the last World Cup?

Last world cup I moved to Ko Samui, where they had English language coverage on their cable channel. UBC/True

didn 't buy the product, and watching it on Thai TV is a pain. I can understand the commentary, but the commentators don't seem to understand the game.

Does anyone know if there is cable coverage in Bangkok, or any other provinces?

I can't imagine there wouldn't be Geek..

If i'm reading you right then that Cable Coverage you'd be wanting is kinf od Nationa Wide anyway, Channel 3 & Channel 7 for example..

Truevisions are advertising the fact they will have some coverage of the World Cup in HD. Whether this is true or not remains to be seen.

With not long to go before the great tournament kicks off, you would have thought if this rumour were true, they would be promoting it to the max, as it would be guaranteed to push up sales greatly. I've not seen any promotion or advertising whatsoever.

Truevisions are advertising the fact they will have some coverage of the World Cup in HD. Whether this is true or not remains to be seen.

i don't believe True is advertising WC games in HD. they do use the words "international games" but i don't believe they say "World Cup". can i ask where you say this ad?

Most sports bars/pubs will be able to show all FIFA games live, with English commentary, and if they have a proper set-up (i.e. HD plasma/LCD screens or HD projectors all hooked up with proper HD cabling) they can even show them in high definition.

It will be a rather expensive set-up (especially in HD) so I guess only the more popular/expensive places will have it on...

i don't believe True is advertising WC games in HD. they do use the words "international games" but i don't believe they say "World Cup". can i ask where you say this ad?

On their advertisement page on their website you will see the South Africa 2010 logo and they also mention covering the 2010 World Cup. If they don't, then they don't. I am only saying what the advertisment states and shows.

Apparently True will show the WC, but only on the HD channel, and only selected games.

You can only receive the HD channel if you have their HD receiver and subscription (extra 525 Baht/month).

Their representative was adamant that this would only available to home viewers, and that businesses (pubs etc) will not be able to get this as it breaches their rights agreements. Don't ask me how they will check it though, AFAIK most of the bars only pay for home viewing packages anyway!

Customers without the HD system will only get the games on the Thai channels (3 and 7) with only Thai commentary...Nothing to do with Truevisions, but the Thai channels getting their feed cheaper without English commentary.