World Cup 2010 Viewing?

lostboy777

Most sports bars/pubs will be able to show all FIFA games live, with English commentary, and if they have a proper set-up (i.e. HD plasma/LCD screens or HD projectors all hooked up with proper HD cabling) they can even show them in high definition.

It will be a rather expensive set-up (especially in HD) so I guess only the more popular/expensive places will have it on...

correct, was in at ubc this morning and they confirmed the above post, you need to pay 5000 bht for the

hd receiver box and you must have the gold package , its all available as of 1st may

for those on samui you get all games via samui cable as they pirate the sa sports channel.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for those on samui you get all games via samui cable as they pirate the sa sports channel.

SA sports channel will not be available in Thailand from 1st june.

was in a bar last nite that had samui cable, ad was saying all games will be shown on astro via the s sports channel, wouldnt surprise me though if the plug gets pulled on 1st june,

personally . ill upgrade and go for ubc , hd i will get more thorough info when i sign up beginning of may

SA sports channel will not be available in Thailand from 1st june.

was in a bar last nite that had samui cable, ad was saying all games will be shown on astro via the s sports channel, wouldnt surprise me though if the plug gets pulled on 1st june,

personally . ill upgrade and go for ubc , hd i will get more thorough info when i sign up beginning of may

SA sports channels and Astro are different, could be that samui cable are changing from SA to Astro.

Not about World Cup viewing but interesting timing with regards to the French. Just surprised it wasn't an Irish Newspaper with the story..

Franck Ribery scandal prostitute 'shocked' that Bayern Munich star faces jail

Winger should be left alone, she says...

By Zack Wilson

22 Apr 2010 09:35:00

Zaharia Dehar, the prostitute who allegedly slept with Bayern Munich and France star Franck Ribery and two other international footballers when she was 17, has broken her silence.

The now 18-year-old claims that Ribery, along with the other two players - Karim Benzema and Sidney Govou - treated her "with utter respect" and deserve to be left alone.

She was also "shocked" that the players could be facing fines and three years in jail for what they had done.

Prostitution is legal in France but its practitioners need to be over the age of 18.

Miss Dehar was one of 18 girls questioned by officers during a police raid on the Café Zaman, a nightclub on the Champs Elysee, last week.

She reportedly informed vice squad officers that she had had sex sessions with the players that cost them £2,000 a night.

The players would also allegedly fly her to destinations like Dubai, accomodating her up in five star hotels. She is also reported as having attended Europeanl ties involving English Premier League sides.

Ribery, 27, is a Muslim who converted to Islam to marry his French-Algerian wife Wahabia. They have two daughters.

The judge in Paris, Monsieur Andre Dando, is yet to decide whether or not to prosecute Ribery, but it apparently remains a strong possibility.

It has been reported that Ribery has admitted having a relationship that lasted several months with the girl, but he denies knowing that she was under-age.

All three players' lawyers have denied the allegations...

and more here... http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2559/rumour...as-witnesses-in

i spoke to the thai tv channels by phone again today and asked them in what language will the world cup be transmitted ...

channel 3 guy said it will only be in Thai, but you can listen to English commentary on radio FM105.5

channel 5 girl said she doesn't know, they haven't signed a contract yet, and they have never had football before

channel 7 guy said it will be in Thai and English (100% sure!)

channel 9 guy said it will be in Thai and English (because they speak English in South Africa)

these are different answers I got last month and the month before, but it does sound a little more promising.

whatever the language, i am hoping the coverage will be better than the recent Champions League and EPL games. I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but they seem to slowly replay every incident, such as fouls and shots at goal, while the game is going on ... so they are missing some of the live action. they often replay a player swearing at the officials, and what really annoys me are replays of managers' reactions and behaviour on the sideline. i remember one arsenal game where they missed a really good fabregas goal because they were still replaying an earlier goal.

anyway, if at least half of the games are in english i will stick with my current setup and watch the games on Thai TV through True

will update again next month

i spoke to the thai tv channels by phone again today and asked them in what language will the world cup be transmitted ...

channel 3 guy said it will only be in Thai, but you can listen to English commentary on radio FM105.5

channel 5 girl said she doesn't know, they haven't signed a contract yet, and they have never had football before

channel 9 guy said it will be in Thai and English (because they speak English in South Africa)

these are different answers I got last month and the month before, but it does sound a little more promising.

whatever the language, i am hoping the coverage will be better than the recent Champions League and EPL games. I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but they seem to slowly replay every incident, such as fouls and shots at goal, while the game is going on ... so they are missing some of the live action. they often replay a player swearing at the officials, and what really annoys me are replays of managers' reactions and behaviour on the sideline. i remember one arsenal game where they missed a really good fabregas goal because they were still replaying an earlier goal.

anyway, if at least half of the games are in english i will stick with my current setup and watch the games on Thai TV through True

UBC have ESPN who are showing all of the games if helps...

can you confirm? where did you get the information?

I can see on the internet that ESPN will show all games live in HD, but in the US, not here.

can you confirm? where did you get the information?

I can see on the internet that ESPN will show all games live in HD, but in the US, not here.

didn't realise it was just the US, just know they will be showing the games

Has anyone heard that the copyright holder, "RS", for Thailand want 10,000bht per bar as a license to show the world cup in their venue?

Maybe BS, but my mate has read this rumour on various website, yet there is no information as to where to obtain the license.

Has anyone else heard this? If so do you think it'll be enforced?

The last world cup was on regular Thai TV with no English commentary. I hope the earlier writer was right and that this time it'll be available in English as well.

If you wish to look at the world cup in with English commentary try Henry Africa's it the best bar in Soi Green mango Koh Samui with seven flat screen TV's and projector.

You are all very welcome to pop over to Saudi, where between SuperSports and ShowSports, we will be getting all of the 64 (i think it is) games :D

with Arabic commentary and bring your own sand hat? :)

HAHHAA

Not about World Cup viewing but interesting timing with regards to the French. Just surprised it wasn't an Irish Newspaper with the story..

Franck Ribery scandal prostitute 'shocked' that Bayern Munich star faces jail

Winger should be left alone, she says...

By Zack Wilson

22 Apr 2010 09:35:00

Zaharia Dehar, the prostitute who allegedly slept with Bayern Munich and France star Franck Ribery and two other international footballers when she was 17, has broken her silence.

The now 18-year-old claims that Ribery, along with the other two players - Karim Benzema and Sidney Govou - treated her "with utter respect" and deserve to be left alone.

She was also "shocked" that the players could be facing fines and three years in jail for what they had done.

Prostitution is legal in France but its practitioners need to be over the age of 18.

Miss Dehar was one of 18 girls questioned by officers during a police raid on the Café Zaman, a nightclub on the Champs Elysee, last week.

She reportedly informed vice squad officers that she had had sex sessions with the players that cost them £2,000 a night.

The players would also allegedly fly her to destinations like Dubai, accomodating her up in five star hotels. She is also reported as having attended Europeanl ties involving English Premier League sides.

Ribery, 27, is a Muslim who converted to Islam to marry his French-Algerian wife Wahabia. They have two daughters.

The judge in Paris, Monsieur Andre Dando, is yet to decide whether or not to prosecute Ribery, but it apparently remains a strong possibility.

It has been reported that Ribery has admitted having a relationship that lasted several months with the girl, but he denies knowing that she was under-age.

All three players' lawyers have denied the allegations...

and more here... http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2559/rumour...as-witnesses-in

Saw a picture of her in the paper yesterday. Don't blame Franck at all. She's a right sort. :)

Has anyone heard that the copyright holder, "RS", for Thailand want 10,000bht per bar as a license to show the world cup in their venue?

Maybe BS, but my mate has read this rumour on various website, yet there is no information as to where to obtain the license.

Has anyone else heard this? If so do you think it'll be enforced?

One of my locals is closing down for the duration of the world cup because of this. It just wouldnt make economical sense for them to stay open, so all the staff are off to help do up a temple somewhere.....

Landlord said it was the same for the last WC when they did enforce it. If they are enforcing it this time around I am sure the 'enforcers' will point you in the right direction for the licence....

Sometimes I am thankfull that the commentry is not in English ( my first language ).

Some of the commentators are really poor.

SINGAPORE football fans will get to see all 64 games at last.

Singtel and Starhub agreeing on a SG$21 million deal with FIFA.

The games will not be free ( a few will be on National TV free ) and the price is yet to be announced. :)

Just got next month's UBC mag and there was an insert and 2 page ad about the WC being available in HD only. This means purchasing a new box and paying a higher monthly fee - luckily I am a rugby fan :)

My new UBC/ True Magazine has a 4 page insert advertising every game live on HD channel 111, BUT it DOESNT make it clear IF the World cup will ALSO be shown on other non HD Channels?

Surely, they wouldnt be that stupid...or would they....theres thousands of working class Thai families who have basic True package only, because thats all they can afford, are they going to piss off most Thais too by only showing it on HD pay channel?

Any clarification appreciated? No problem for me with HD for those daft enough to pay for it (by common consent in UK you can hardly tell any difference between HD and non HD on a decent plasma type screen.), as long as they re also showing it for everyone else in "normal vision"

Surely, they wouldnt be that stupid...or would they....theres thousands of working class Thai families who have basic True package only, because thats all they can afford, are they going to piss off most Thais too by only showing it on HD pay channel?

What are you talking about Pat? The World Cup is, as always, being shown on terrestrial Thai TV so that everyone can see it.

What are you talking about Pat? The World Cup is, as always, being shown on terrestrial Thai TV so that everyone can see it.

Are you SURE its being shown on terrestrial TV too? It doesnt say so in the True Magazine, and we ve been confounded before, eg, Olympic coverage, crap, Rugby World Cup not shown, etc etc!!!

Are you SURE its being shown on terrestrial TV too? It doesnt say so in the True Magazine, and we ve been confounded before, eg, Olympic coverage, crap, Rugby World Cup not shown, etc etc!!!

It wouldn't say so in the True Visions magazine because they are promoting their services.

YES i am sure.

You are all very welcome to pop over to Saudi, where between SuperSports and ShowSports, we will be getting all of the 64 (i think it is) games :D

with Arabic commentary and bring your own sand hat? :)

HAHHAA

No it's all in English (well South African) MiGGsy so it's fine. As for the sand hat, don't know what one is but you'll have to bring your own cos I certainly don't have one. :D

if I have to get on a plane to watch it, Id rather go visit my new best friend Valdezugar :)

alternatively, maybe a stopover in the desert, get some Sheik to sponsor my onward flight to South Africa :D

(and very likely VIP tickets to the matches!!)

now that would be one occasion I will not hesitate to use my woman charm HAHHAA (if I still have any left!)

My new UBC/ True Magazine has a 4 page insert advertising every game live on HD channel 111, BUT it DOESNT make it clear IF the World cup will ALSO be shown on other non HD Channels?

Any clarification appreciated? No problem for me with HD for those daft enough to pay for it (by common consent in UK you can hardly tell any difference between HD and non HD on a decent plasma type screen.), as long as they re also showing it for everyone else in "normal vision"

Attached please find the insert from TRUE/UBC magazine for your perusal.

post-7858-1272712725_thumb.jpg