World Cup 2010 Viewing?

lostboy777

Official e-mail from True confirming world cup has English commentary through the HD promo they are offering.

Spoke to another person and they also confirmed can change to English....

Dear Sir.

Promotion HD 1 Point

INSTALLATION FEE & CONNECTION FEE = 0 Baht

EQUIPMENT DEPOSIT (็็HD) = 4,000 Baht

Monthly Fee (Gold) = 1,412.97 Baht

Monthly Rental Fee = 282.48 Baht

HD service fee 290 Baht per Month (Free HD service fee Promotion untill 31/7/2010)

*** Broadcasted World Cup 2010 HD in Thai commentary can be converted into English

Tel.08*********

The lady's name is Nutjaree and I have her e-mail at TRUE corp and her phone number should True go back on their word. (Installation is 4000bht as I don't have UBC now)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

www.satthai.tv

Try this guy I have got the set up satellite with dish. It is on Astro feed ( via the startcard called Astro)

He told me before the installation the current South African feed to Thailand will get scrambled approx early June.

Any how it is being heaverly advertised on Astro with English sound coverage of all games.

Just follow the promps and the guy on the phone speaks fairly good English. Good luck cost approx 28000 Bhat.

Leeds United MOT to the Championship

Edited by warriors

I have just signed up for the true HD package and it went as follows:

As I am already a Gold subscriber it cost 2000thb deposit for the HD receiver (4000thb if new customer or silver package customer)

I have to keep UBC for another 6 months ( Ive had it 5 years so no problem) in order to get my 4000thb deposit back ( 2000thb for the HD and 2000 thb for my origional Gold package deposit)

I got a promotion on the HD package (before 31st may) sign up for 6 month and you pay 290thb for the first 3 month and then you get the last 3 month free.

After the 6 month you can cancel the HD package and just keep with the origional Gold package that I have anyway.

They took my old receiver box and replaced it with the HD box on set up.

So in effect with the promotion I get to see the World Cup games for under 900thb, pretty good value IMHO.

When Ive had enough of UBC i just cancel as long as its after 6 month to get my deposit back as normal.

Ive also been 100% guarenteed that the HD channel and all the World cup games will be in English.

So happy days!

Thanks for the info. I'm wondering what they do with customers who have a PVR receiver. Anyone know?

Just seen an article in Bangkok Post from last year that stated:

"Also, there will be events mainly at CentralWorld and Siam Paragon in the run-up to the World Cup."

Might want to re-think THAT one now..!!

Do you normally read Newspapers from last Year then ??

App UBC had the English audio available if you watched the Thai channels via their platform for 2006.

That's not true. The last two Worlds Cups - 2002, 2006 - there has been no English commentary via UBC / True Visions. If you do a search on the forum you will find a number of threads back in 2006 with people up in arms about it. This World Cup i expect will be no different.

Hi guys; I really dont mind the non-english commentary. I'm just really happy to find out here that the games will be on TV. I'm a bit concerned about the sound of the South African plastic horns anyway. Watching the Africa Cup I had to turn down the sound because, to me, it all sounded like too many mosquitoes, understanding at the same time that it is South Africa and not my country anyway, and I wish everyone well with it all. So, whatever the commentary, I'll most likely be playing Queen or Dark/Dubb Side of the Moon and maybe even some Prince songs. Thanks for the info!

:)

App UBC had the English audio available if you watched the Thai channels via their platform for 2006.

That's not true. The last two Worlds Cups - 2002, 2006 - there has been no English commentary via UBC / True Visions. If you do a search on the forum you will find a number of threads back in 2006 with people up in arms about it. This World Cup i expect will be no different.

Hi guys; I really dont mind the non-english commentary. I'm just really happy to find out here that the games will be on TV. I'm a bit concerned about the sound of the South African plastic horns anyway. Watching the Africa Cup I had to turn down the sound because, to me, it all sounded like too many mosquitoes, understanding at the same time that it is South Africa and not my country anyway, and I wish everyone well with it all. So, whatever the commentary, I'll most likely be playing Queen or Dark/Dubb Side of the Moon and maybe even some Prince songs. Thanks for the info!

:)

i've got a bet on at odds of 33-1 that a match-going fan will have had a vuvuzela horn forcibly shoved up their arse within the first week of the tournament.

:D

i've got a bet on at odds of 33-1 that a match-going fan will have had a vuvuzela horn forcibly shoved up their arse within the first week of the tournament.

You must have had the 33's with The Magic Sign,Stevie.If you'd shopped around,you would have got at least 100-1 elsewhere. :)

Yes the lady whom I spoke to on UBC guaranteed to me that the games wont have English commentary on HD. I reckon UBC is just manipulating people and does not really know whether they going to have English commentary or not.

but in summary we know this for sure,

RS-the official Thai broadcast holders for the WC says the games will be shown live on Channel 3, Channel 7, Channel 9 and Channel 11.

Channel 3 dont have dual commentary but they will have English commentary on Easy FM 105.5

Channel 7 definitely do have dual commentary

Channel 9 definitely do have dual commentary

Im not sure about channel 11 but more or less we should get English commentary on 1 of the radio FM.

So, we will definitely get to watch the WC with English commentary on terrestial tv and not depending on True.

Apparently True will show the WC, but only on the HD channel, and only selected games.

You can only receive the HD channel if you have their HD receiver and subscription (extra 525 Baht/month).

Their representative was adamant that this would only available to home viewers, and that businesses (pubs etc) will not be able to get this as it breaches their rights agreements. Don't ask me how they will check it though, AFAIK most of the bars only pay for home viewing packages anyway!

Customers without the HD system will only get the games on the Thai channels (3 and 7) with only Thai commentary...Nothing to do with Truevisions, but the Thai channels getting their feed cheaper without English commentary.

there is always a scam,recently gone fined playing music,same group said they were coming round to bars showing football,thats what they said.

Today I phoned the RS company in Bangkok and RS said they are giving the signal to all the Thai channels and True Visions in Thai only. No English.

I then called a couple of the channels and had my local True office call Bangkok and find out for sure if HD is in English. Everyone is now saying Thai only.

The promises and guarantees of English I was given last month and the months before are now forgotten.

I really hope I am wrong, because many farang have bought HD from True purely for the English commentary.

Here's a link to the match schedule for the Thai channels ... http://www.rs.co.th/FIFA2010/fifa_program.html

I still don't want to buy a new satellite dish and system just for the World Cup, so I'm now thinking of going over to the Philippines to watch it. But the time difference is worse ...

Does anyone have any better ideas to watch it here or somewhere close to Thailand in English?

Or can anyone get a different story from RS?

This being Thailand I don't hold the guarentee to much, Id like it in english but I can put up with out it as long as there are no adverts in the games like on thai TV.

to a fellow yorkshire man,heard of plans to do pubs bars etc without license,just got scammed for the music so no surprises there,anyway here is a link from bkk post and R S who have the rights for w c.to any bar owners it maybe a heads up,http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/35942/rs-on-target-with-world-cup-mission good luck and enjoy the w c

This being Thailand I don't hold the guarentee to much, Id like it in english but I can put up with out it as long as there are no adverts in the games like on thai TV.

to a fellow yorkshire man,heard of plans to do pubs bars etc without license,just got scammed for the music so no surprises there,anyway here is a link from bkk post and R S who have the rights for w c.to any bar owners it maybe a heads up,http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/35942/rs-on-target-with-world-cup-mission good luck and enjoy the w c

Today I phoned the RS company in Bangkok and RS said they are giving the signal to all the Thai channels and True Visions in Thai only. No English.

I then called a couple of the channels and had my local True office call Bangkok and find out for sure if HD is in English. Everyone is now saying Thai only.

The promises and guarantees of English I was given last month and the months before are now forgotten.

I really hope I am wrong, because many farang have bought HD from True purely for the English commentary.

Here's a link to the match schedule for the Thai channels ... http://www.rs.co.th/FIFA2010/fifa_program.html

I still don't want to buy a new satellite dish and system just for the World Cup, so I'm now thinking of going over to the Philippines to watch it. But the time difference is worse ...

Does anyone have any better ideas to watch it here or somewhere close to Thailand in English?

Or can anyone get a different story from RS?

I have spent the last 2 weeks looking into this and talking to every man and his dog.

I can confirm the above.

True are providing HD coverage IN THAI ONLY. ABSOLUTELY CAST IRON GUARANTEE NO ENGLISH COMMENTARY!!!!!!!!!

True are renting the feed from RS, who have bought only pictures and not commentary.

This is for TRUE only. I guess most of the bars have Astro sports or the South African channels which will have it in English.

True are renting the feed from RS, who have bought only pictures and not commentary.

I'd love to know what the figures are and how much they save by not buying the commentary.

It really does make me mad but i guess at the end of the day we just aren't important to them.

I'd love to know what the figures are and how much they save by not buying the commentary.

It really does make me mad but i guess at the end of the day we just aren't important to them.

Exactly!!

Bunch of ######## tossers :)

Does the English commentary on easy 105.5FM only apply to matches on Channel 3? Or will they be giving commentary on all matches?

If not, are there other FM stations that will give English commentary?

Looks like it's gonna be radio/internet for those outside Bangkok that can't pick up the Astro feed! :)

Looks like it's gonna be radio/internet for those outside Bangkok that can't pick up the Astro feed! :)

Do you mean you can watch the games on the internet? Which website? If so, won't the commentary be in English? I suspect that listening on the radio will be annoying because it will probably be out-of-sync with the TV.

What is the Astro feed?

thanks in advance

Has anyone heard that the copyright holder, "RS", for Thailand want 10,000bht per bar as a license to show the world cup in their venue?

Maybe BS, but my mate has read this rumour on various website, yet there is no information as to where to obtain the license.

Has anyone else heard this? If so do you think it'll be enforced?

heard the same, here is a story from r s http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/359...rld-cup-mission

you can get the license from them.they are indeed charging 10000b our local true move have been asked for a list of businesses

with true move, by r s,why would they want that info

Does anyone know if, as a pub, I have to pay 10,000 baht for my venue or for each of my 3 TV'S? and do I have to pay that regardless of whether I show the True HD pictures or show the games on Thai TV? And the general consensus seems to be no English commentary in any case (apart from using Astro which I don't think i can get in Chiang Mai).