Ayutthaya Police Arrested 2 Italians For Crime With No Evidence

lazyguy

This is a scary problem, where someone can accuse you of something AND even though there is no evidence you can be thrown in jail. The worst insult is that there is a surveillance tape which could clear up the issue in a minute and it is not even viewed!

This is not like being charged 50 baht when the cost is 30 baht, this is crazy.

TheWalkingMan

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a scary problem, where someone can accuse you of something AND even though there is no evidence you can be thrown in jail. The worst insult is that there is a surveillance tape which could clear up the issue in a minute and it is not even viewed!

TheWalkingMan

While some posters seem to imply that it's a 'farang' issue, lets remember that it happens to Thais too... remember the Zantika video which exonerated the singer named Burn from the accusation of starting the fire?

Yet he is still charged (until today!) either as a scapegoat or to "save the face" of powerful others who accused him at the start.

The money has been sent over from the families and is been paid by an embassy employee to the Ayhuttaya court right now.

The 150.000 THB are only a bail. The two Italian Nationals are still accused guilty and have to face the court case. It is to be

expected that they will get a stamp into their passports prohibiting to leave Thailand until further notice (date court case).

The crucial question still is WHERE IS THE EVIDENTIAL VIDEO? In how far will be DISMISSING EVIDENTIAL MATERIAL will influence

the court case?

This forum thread and everybody actively involved has helped to considerably speeding things up. At least we got a better picture of

who is reading here.

May I say that everybody who helps preventing fraud, scams, threads, extortion and kidnapping will be always a welcome member

of any modern society? Thais have the most effective saying for a powerful cosmic truth: Barb gum!

The actors behind the curtain of law who have caused this case here will have to face returning vibes from this activity sooner

or later. The civilist who has cooperated in this act will face it too. This is not a thread - this is truth: barb gum!

The person(s) in charge in Ayhuttaya prison seem to be more full of understanding or reading here too as we can say that Seba

and Norris have received at least good treatment under the existing circumstances.

This case is the perfect showcase to uncover corruptional structures within a police department. All facts and names of people

involved have been accurately collected and will be supplied to law defense if required.

Edited by Sungram

Seba and Norris got out of jail yesterday evening around 6pm after a bail of 150.000 THB has been paid.

...and the court case date has been set to next Tuesday. I wonder under what circumstances this "court

case" will be held.

as long as no further forces will find their way to defend Seba & Norris in this case, the Thai authorities

might not dare to accuse them guilty without any piece of evidence and charging absurd punishment or

equivalent an absurd sum of money to prevent them going in again.

I hereby remember again that at least three witnesses of the "accused act" have not been interviewed

by the police. Even after insisting to be recognized as witnesses police officers just simply ignored them.

• 2 weeks later...
Any thoughts why there has been no coverage of this in the newspapers? (At least, I've not been able to find any - and I've checked both the English language and Thai presses.)

Because the cops suppress it or threaten the media ??

...after Seba and Noris have not paid the "under the table offer" of 30,000 THB the cops were convinced of them paying the

"official" bail of 150,000 THB to get out. the cops are extremely pissed now that Seba and Noris have also refused to pay this

sum. honestly, I believe the Ayutthaya police is getting more nervous with every day of having Seba and Noris sitting in prison...

I am sure you are right. They fear disciplinary action when their collaboration in the scam will be revealed, confirmed by a court ruling. What surprised me was that a judge remanded the two accused Italians into custody with such a high bail based on the evidence of the accusing woman and no evidence produced by the police, ie the lack of a search of the accused for the allegedly stolen phone. Based on that, a good judge should have thrown the case out right away and let the Italians go there way.

If these two poor gents are innocent, and they can hold out and ride out the storm, they will ultimatey win. This is of course assuming ALL the evidence (witnesses and video) can be brought to court.

Why did the original judge put them in lock-up. Could he be stupid, in on the scam, or have the cops put the frighteners on him?

Finally, I agree the dirty cops might be getting a little more nervous each day while they try to "cook" the evidence.

Which brings me to another thought. Thinking the worst, but it would not surprise me at all if you were to tell me next that, quite coincidentally the witness and the two gentlemen in custody met with a terrible, unfortunate accident.

Na! perrish the thought. Never! ... Your in Thailand remember and westeners are a dime-a-dozen.

• 1 month later...
Still singing "O SOLE MIO"

Well my guess is, now that Judge, BiB & Friend got the 150.000 Baht, they will be having a free karaoke for quite a long time, not sure about the chosen tunes but you might well be right, be carefull to not to be around their area when they run out of cash again.....

Very interesting read. I note that a court hearing was scheduled for Tuesday 2 March, yet neither Lazyguy nor Sungram has posted an update. Indeed, neither of those two BMs has made any post to TV since their last posts here back in late February. If I were a suspicious type, I'd be guessing that this was because the two Italians were convicted (or, at the very least, that some sort of deal was done). Bear in mind that what we have read here is all second-hand. Is it possible that the Italians were not as innocent as has been suggested. Of course, I hope my cynical approach is misdirected - but then, why no updates in over two months?

• 4 months later...