Cast Iron Frypan

thaipod

I've seen expensive cast iron pots and pans in many major dept. stores in BKK, for example Paragon has a huge selection of hugely expensive french cookware. What I have not found is cheap or even reasonably priced pans such as those made by Lodge in the US. Their products aren't fancy but they are well-made, last a century and are very reasonably priced.

Any one got an idea where a "real" person could get a cast iron pan and skillet in BKK? Don't get me wrong, I would absolutely LOVE a set of Le Crueset cookware, I just can't spend 10K/pan!!

• 1 month later...

Last Christmas, I went home and got a Lodge grill pan for about $15 dollars (~500 baht). Good quality and makes a mean steak. I've seen some cast iron pans in Central but they were very bad quality. Metal wasn't really smooth and it felt thin. They were also near 1,000 baht. I've heard that you might be able to find some at JJ.

True Value Thailand... I was just there recently and don't remember if this one had them or not as I only skimmed through the Kitchen wares, but I know they carry them as they had them in Phuket and I bought one and this store up here is the home location so it is certain they can get you one..

TrueValue

Just saw Lodge cast iron products at a store at K-Village. It's a new shopping center that has opened up near Emporium. They have all sorts of cast iron products by lodge. They even have some Weber grills. It's more expensive than but at least you're getting quality items.