Dailyimage

The Vulcan

Lets start a "daily Image " thread - we don' t need the "mods" to sort them - just our stuff

Rules

Must be shot within the last 24 hours and why do you like it.

That's it! No prizes - just images you like

My opener was shot yesterday :D

I like it because of the saturation and contrast - other than that it's utterly boring! :D

Tech details - canon 5D MKII - Sigma 12-24 @ 24mm blah de blah :D

What ya got?

p.s no coconuts or temples please! :)

Edited by astral

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent photo. Perfect lighting, exposure, and good balance of detail and contrast. I'm always amazed how Vulcan can bring out a lot of detail from high contrast shots. Bummer the stand in the foreground and shouldn't the roof on the top be cropped?

Edited by Nordlys

Excellent photo. Perfect lighting, exposure, and the balance of detail and the contrast. I'm always amazed how Vulcan can bring out a lot of detail from high contrast shots. Bummer the stand in the foreground and shouldn't the roof on the top be cropped?

Stuck with the stand as well as the Welsh flag which didn't quite fit the scene! :)

I just love the view from my office in Bangkok. Taken this morning, on the right side of the office. I'll show you the left side, taken this morning also, within 24 hours... :)

And well, for the Bangkok people, where is it?

4351056982_acecf06029_b.jpg

Edited by eurasianthai

Fuji S100fs two shot hdr hand-held this morning at dawn

Interesting color and good detail.

1% spot reading from Minolta light meter

I like the lighting on this shot - seems to endorse the power and dominance aura

Local theatre performance shot today

Exposure-wise it's so perfect it looks as if the shot was made in studio.

Where in the subject did you spot the metering?

1% spot reading from Minolta light meter

I like the lighting on this shot - seems to endorse the power and dominance aura

Local theatre performance shot today

Exposure-wise it's so perfect it looks as if the shot was made in studio.

Where in the subject did you spot the metering?

Metered off the highlights - obviously I didn't meter from this image (moving too much) but from a reading of the spotlight falling on the stage. I just then applied this exposure.

Hi, Would like to share this, was taken Thursday night.. but was unable to post it yesterday.. I hope you can allow it

Sat by the lake in Kalasin, shot with a Sony CyberShot, no flash, 2 sec exposure, I also made it lighter by using bias (?) after the first attempt was too dark.. Anyway, hope you like it

post-8857-1266048854_thumb.jpg

Totster :)

post-64834-1266052214_thumb.jpg

With two future programmers and a future teacher on the move the future for Thailand is great.

Technically lousy but I like the story....taken at theChiangMai Disability Film festival yesterday.

Edited by harrry

I indeed like this one better than the first one but both are fantastic pictures.

Your use the 70-200mm, how far were you from them? (by the way,why did you get the 70-200mm f4 instead of the f2.8?)

30/40 metres I guess

I had the 2.8 (non IS version) and traded it for the F4 IS - it's lighter and sharper.

I need to try this HDR thing one day, althought +2/-2 is maybe not sufficient to really get HDR photos. The best I can do on the Canon 450D.

And my daily image is about the people I love most, it is Valentine day.

Taken 3 years ago but cropped today :)

4355919480_5ea3b88515.jpg

That's a wonderful shot - well done - and a lovely looking family

Shot last night with a GF1 and Contax 90mm f2.8 G lens attached (effectively 180mm)

It's a bitch to focus manually with this setup and my keeper rate is abysmal at present (it'll improve with practice I hope)

But I love the tone, contrast and overall IQ of these Zeiss lenses

400 ISO - 1/30th wide open

We seldom get any snow here in South East North Carolina, Yesterday we got 3-5 inches beautiful snow. Beautiful because no shoveling is required - it melts within 24 hrs....

Here are a couple of pictures in case anyone in sunny Thailand forgot what it looks like.

post-41235-1266295982_thumb.jpg

post-41235-1266296067_thumb.jpg

PS I'm really jealous of all of you and your nice weather.

Thailand is the only country in the world (that I know of, besides London :) ) where some taxis are pink.

And well, pink seems to be a colour loved up to the highest level of society.

Taken today on my way back home. It is special since it is the end of a difficult day at work.

4364378709_010462b699.jpg

Edited by eurasianthai

I just took this one in my garden in Bangkok a few minutes ago. I love flowers and have a lot of nice ones, but have difficulty getting a nice picture of them, the surroundings are just adding too much noise to the photo. And the surroundings are not that nice.This time I just removed the light from the surroundings, so that I see only the flowers.

From another thread :D

Can you imagine the effort of emailing them all, the cost of providing prints etc ( and in 24 hours)- wow. :D

Indeed, the cost of storing your photos on a server anywhere is so low these days that it makes sense to do it if you want to share your photos with others.

For my family in Europe, I have plenty of pictures on flickr that are not public, you can't see them, but that they can see them and download them.

Shame that some of your photos that you posted on this forum are also 'Unseen'. :)

Sawadee ::D