90 Day Visit

noise

Made my 90 day reporting yesterday; showed up with the form filled out and copies of the pertinent pages in my passport. Agent at the window took them but didn't even lift the form to see what was attached, so it appeared that no copies of passport pages were required. And he didn't look at any pages in the passport other than my photo page, which reinforces that impression.

I did not bother to ask him why.

Edited by noise

Yesterday, I got a one-year extension for my O-A retirement visa, a single-entry permit (in case I have to leave Thailand unexpectedly) and did my 90 day report. I noticed that people who came just for their 90 day report were in-and-out like lightening. They probably spent a longer time standing in the copy place line than they did sitting around the immigration waiting room.

I arrived at 8 am, they turned on the ticket machine around 8:20 and all the morning's tickets for extensions were gone by 10:15 - 10:30. I was number 4 and didn't visit an immigration officer until 9:15 because they only had one desk in operation for the one-year extensions for an hour. The officer never asked me a question -- just looked over the bank books, bank letter, checking account numbers, amounts, dates etc. He barely glanced at the residency letter from our condo. The only conversation was when he told me to go copy some pages out of my bank books. Incidentally, I used some "fixed" accounts (certificate of deposits) at Bangkok Bank -- the kind of accounts documented in their orange bank books. I got the bank letter the day before my immigration visit. Also brought our blue bank book, which is a joint account that Hubby and I use for daily living expenses. The officer opened and glanced at that book and gave it back to me right away.

The group in the waiting area was the best groomed, most polite crowd I've seen out there, probably because the early-arrivers are seasoned CM residents. By the time I left at 11 am, the people coming into the door where more clue-less, poorly groomed and some seemed to have a bad attitude about being there. When I left, the poor immigration officer with doorman duty was trying to explain to some woman why she couldn't get a one-year student visa when the school she was attending was in Laos!

I just did my 90 day 2 days ago. I walked in about 1:30PM. My main "worry" was that my number would come up before I finished filling out the 5 minute form which I was to lazy to fill out at home. I didn't even bother presenting my ticket nor was I asked. It appears what copies are needed depends on the processor. This time he asked me for my visa extension. I always come prepared (I think). I bring one copy that combines my photo, my old visa transferred from previous passport, my current extension and a copy that combines my departure card (TM6), last entry date. I keep several copies at home.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I'm doing my first 90 day extension tomorrow. So far, I have copied my passport picture, arrival card, entry stamp and arrival card. And I know there is a form to fill out when I get there. Am I missing anything because tomorrow is my last day (my "due date" was Monday so my 7 day grace period will be Sunday and they will be closed.)

Also, my plan is to arrive about 12:45, wait for the machine, and grab a number with all these papers in hand ready to go.

Does this sound like a good plan to everyone? First time jitters. :)

Thanks.

And I know there is a form to fill out when I get there. Am I missing anything because tomorrow is my last d

Why not download the form and fill it in at home. Less hassle.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...p?page=download TM47. Three quarters the way down the list in case you weren't sure.

Edited by Asmerom

Why not download the form and fill it in at home. Less hassle.

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...p?page=download TM47. Three quarters the way down the list in case you weren't sure.

Just did mine today. Do NOT depend on what anyone says as it changes daily/hourly and depending on who you get at the window.

I always show up just before 1300, go straight to the copy girl (come on, are you worried about saving six baht? - I usually give her ten).

I long ago downloaded all of the Immigration forms that you can fill in right in your computer and print out which they seem to really appreciate.

It used to be that you didn't even need a number for the 90-day but today (duh) was different. It could be different tomorrow as the uniformed ticket guy at the door fell asleep and literally fell out of his chair and right out the exit door onto the sidewalk so may be laid up for a while.. True story..

Pick a day in the middle of the week, not at the end or beginning of the month or just after a holiday, do copies first and have ALL of your paperwork and copies signed at the bottom.

I was out of there within about nine minutes, minus the few seconds to step over the ticket guy sprawled on the sidewalk...

"I always show up just before 1300, go straight to the copy girl (come on, are you worried about saving six baht?"

No but copiers break down frequently, don't they? I went once when it was down for the day, and once when it was a long wait while they fussed with it.