Extending The Validity Of Your Dtac Sim Card

ThaiLife

I have been using the Dtac extend the validity of your SIM card option, for up to 365 days by doing this ...

Dial *1013, listen to the prompt and dial 9 for English

Follow the step by step procedure ( press 1 )

You will get an SMS confirming the new validity of your SIM card.

The cost was ...

2 Baht for 30 days

6 Baht for 90 days

12 Baht for 180 days (up to 365 Days).

Ive just tried this again and it seems not to be working , any one else been using this extend the validity of your SIM card option

and can you get it to work ?

Thanks

TL

• Like 1

Did you get a new sim card/number or using the original one you used this extension with? If you have extended your previous number for 365 days then it's a rolling 365 days. I did mine a few years ago and whenever I top up the expiration changes to 1 year from that topup automatically. Never had to reactivate the extension. If you have an extension already it may not allow it to be increased as it is at max already.

Do you periodically check your expiration to see if moves when you top up.

Here is a topic on it > http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Happy-Dtac-R...ml#entry1289678

A simpler method of getting the extension without having to go through the 'press 1 for...' routine is the following:

2) apply via Express Mobile Service at *113* following with number of required usage date and then press #, and

apply via www.happy.co.th. The system will send SMS to confirm once a request is completed.

Example: *113*180# and you have a 180 day extension. I punched it in twice (365 days max) and now have service until this time next year

If that doesn't work then try contacting their main help line.

Here is a topic on it > http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Happy-Dtac-R...ml#entry1289678
A simpler method of getting the extension without having to go through the 'press 1 for...' routine is the following:

2) apply via Express Mobile Service at *113* following with number of required usage date and then press #, and

apply via www.happy.co.th. The system will send SMS to confirm once a request is completed.

Example: *113*180# and you have a 180 day extension. I punched it in twice (365 days max) and now have service until this time next year

If that doesn't work then try contacting their main help line.

Thanks for that :)

TL

Well, that was easy!

Thanks Torrenova! for the link... The whole web page in English too... :)

Now, I know I have 53 days left on my year set up, when, someone set that up for me last year...!

You can swap credit for validity, set up international roaming and even view the last 2 months of your calls, sms history and any data usage. Loads of useful stuff as well actually. I have been well impressed with it for years now.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi

If your sim card is less than 90 days old you can not do this ..... is there something else I can do to keep the sim active until I return in 90 ish days?

Cheers

Spud

Answering my own question ..... I tried again today and it let me extend OK.

The sim has to be active for 90 days plus, or usage more than 100B.

Now valid for 211 days :-)

Cheers

Spud

I bought a DTAC 'happy instant sim' when I arrived at the airport back in Sept and then registered the sim on the spot using my passport number...with registration I presumed that the sim will always remain valid even without activity for 2-3 months...am I mistaken?

in the past I had an AIS sim card and when I left Thailand for work the 'balance' function always indicated that the card was good for a year and when I returned a few months later the card had expired...

when I leave again to go back to work for 3 months is there anything further that I have to do to keep my sim valid like dial *1031 or an arrangement with DTAC on the internet?...or is registering the card when I bought it at the airport a guarantee of continued validity?

doubt for the new card you will have long validity? Most of the new sim will probably come with one month. As like said previous, you will have to meet certain usage and number of days and then you apply to get the 1yr validity. After that it will be all good

...or is registering the card when I bought it at the airport a guarantee of continued validity?

The registering of SIM cards started several years ago by law in an effort to track down owners of mobile phones used in remotely-triggered bomb attacks. I don't think it has anything to do with permanency or extended validity.

[edited to remove info already provided above in thread]

Edited by wpcoe
  • Like 1

You can also dial one of the following codes to extend credit time for 30, 90, or 180 days respectively.

*113*30#

*113*90#

*113*180#

This so-called "Simple SIM" plan gives 90 days with any top-up: http://www.happy.co.th/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=91&Itemid=64〈=en

This SIM never expires: http://www.happy.co.th/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=89&Itemid=37〈=en but does require usage at least once every 43 days.

You can also dial one of the following codes to extend credit time for 30, 90, or 180 days respectively.

*113*30#

*113*90#

*113*180#

This so-called "Simple SIM" plan gives 90 days with any top-up: http://www.happy.co....emid=64〈=en

This SIM never expires: http://www.happy.co....emid=37〈=en but does require usage at least once every 43 days.

Thank you for this, you just saved me some money,

*113*30#

*113*90#

*113*180#

This so-called "Simple SIM" plan gives 90 days with any top-up: http://www.happy.co....emid=64&lang=en

This SIM never expires: http://www.happy.co....emid=37&lang=en but does require usage at least once every 43 days.

OK, I just did *113*180# on my happy 'instant SIM' and now when I dial the 'check balance' number I'm told that the balance is good for 342 days...but if I go away for 3 months and the SIM is not in use do I lose it?...if the SIM becomes inactive from lack of use can it be re-activated?

^ You should contact DTAC on 1678. Typically the terms and conditions of your current calling plan, promotion or SIM detail any usage requirements, and remain unaffected by the expiration date. Many, but not all, calling plans, promotions and SIMs do have an activity requirement so that you need to originate a call or SMS at least once every 90 days. Some service providers allowed extended grace periods but I suspect numbers are being recycled more quickly to avoid having to buy new blocks? YMMV.

• 3 months later...

Been using DTAC/prepaid since 2007 and so far my simcard was always valid for 12 months since last refill. This has apparently changed and 100 baht topup gives me only 45 days.

There is no way to purchase extended validity online if simcard is not registered. There is no way to register simcard online unless phone is in Thailand to receive access code.

Fortunately found DTAC Customer Service accessible from overseas number and they were able to extend validity for 12 months for 24baht.

"Good to know : Our dtac call center operates 24 hours everyday to assist you in roaming service. Please call us at +662 202 7100"

• 3 months later...

Been using DTAC/prepaid since 2007 and so far my simcard was always valid for 12 months since last refill. This has apparently changed and 100 baht topup gives me only 45 days.

There is no way to purchase extended validity online if simcard is not registered. There is no way to register simcard online unless phone is in Thailand to receive access code.

Fortunately found DTAC Customer Service accessible from overseas number and they were able to extend validity for 12 months for 24baht.

"Good to know : Our dtac call center operates 24 hours everyday to assist you in roaming service. Please call us at +662 202 7100"

I always recommend people enable International Roaming, and enroll in Happy eServices. The latter can be done on-line and is quite easy - among the many, many things you can do is originate SMSes. You could also carry some top-up cards with you and top up remotely, or ask someone in Thailand to send you a top-up code. Assuming you are in a GSM country then you can originate/receive USSD (like *104*9# for free) and SMSes, including OTPs (one time passwords).

I think that people confuse individual top-ups and validity quite often. They tend to top-up before expiration thus adding to their "validity bank", so they might get to the point where they have 330 days validity, and top-up in an amount which might yield 45 days. But since the maximum validity one can have is 365 days it looks like you ended up with one year on that single top-up.

There are also a whole slew of top-up "promotions". For example,

- Every time you top up a Simple SIM (activated since 26 July 2011), the 90 validity days will be added to your account (100 days will be added for 800 Baht top up) within 24 Hours after topping up. Validity days can be accumulated up to a maximum of 365 days.

- Every time you top up a Simple SIM (activated before 26 July 2011) or Muan Suen SIM (activated before 22 February 2011), the validity period will be extended to 365 days within 24 Hours after topping up. Validity days can be accumulated up to a maximum of 365 days.

http://www.happy.co.th/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=170&Itemid=395〈=en

http://eservice.dtac.co.th/bp3/bin/DpromptIndex?lang=E

Maybe:

Add another top-up to cover the 9 day, or

Use 100 baht, or

Change to the Kong Kra Pun promotion, or

Ring 1678 and ask for guidance.

Are you able to describe your situation? Did you just get the SIM? Which one? Which promotion? Are you in Thailand for a while?

• 4 months later...

Hello,

does it work to extend ? And what is the validity for a new Dtac card ?

How long can you be called without recharging and before they stop the number ?

Thank you.

does it work to extend ? Yes

And what is the validity for a new Dtac card ? , Depends on the SIM, but generally 90 days, I think.

How long can you be called without recharging and before they stop the number ? You'd have to review the T's & C's, but I think this might be +90 days after balance reaches zero, or until after validity expiration date.

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much.

It seems that Dtac website and audio services are not updated compared to 12call.

Also, it is weird that it is not possible to by credit on Dtac website by using credit card (if it is to use a refill card I wonder what is the need to check online)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is still possible to extend validity for 180 days by dialing *1013 but the SIM card must be activated since 90 days at least.

Actually I was wrong, it seems that the service is offered when calling *1013 but the SMS confirmation always replies: FAILED

Any more information ?

NOT WORKING ALSO:

Happy DTAC Express Mobile Service

This is a much quicker way to extend credit validity.

Dial one of the following codes to extend credit time for 30, 90, or 180 days respectively.

*113*30#

*113*90#

*113*180#

Thanks.

Edited by Fgis
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...