Lg 50" Plasma...

bkkmick

Hi

Sorry, I can't remember the model number, but, there's a 50" LG Plasma TV at 30k that's calling out my name and I was wondering if anyone has bought one recently and if they're happy with it?

I did a general Google on "LG Plasma TV" and the few results I checked seemed very positive.

Not sure if this is correct, but from memory, the TV notes said that it has True Motion 600hz which suggests that, for watching sport at least, there would be minimal (if any) blur.

Any constructive comments gratefully received. Might buy it today if there aren't too many negatives (France vs Ireland on Saturday would be a great 'try' out).

Cheers

Mick

For one of my restaurant last year I got a 50" LG plasma for 39.900. The actual price is 29.900 but it is the same TV.

I'm fairly happy with the tv (only 720p, simple, average quality), but enough for what I need.

But my new LG 42" Full HD 250 htz Bluetooth state of the art is awesome. Sadly the price too... (59.900)

In the end I bought an LG 47" LCD 240hz for 39,500 (ticket said 44k I jokingly moaned that it was too expensive and the sales rep. said 42k and I agreed. When we got to the check out he gave me some other discount which brought it down to the 39k range).

BTW TV5 usually show all French Six Nations matches (watched France/Scotland last week) so I'm betting on them showing the France/Ireland n match tonight (on TrueVisions).

Edited by bkkmick

• 4 months later...

LG 47" 47LH70YR. 40k right now at the LG store, full HD. Nice looking LCD. Phillips has one also...I think most of the rest are 46. I'm looking at getting one soon, but deciding between the 46/47 or the 50 inch...

• 4 months later...

Any comments on new LG plasma PJ350 50" at B 25,990 vs. the LG LED-LCD LE5500 47" at B 45,990?

Is the plasma a true-HD 1080p display?

The LG plasma is an old model and only HD ready the current full HD units are PJ950 http://alatest.co.uk/reviews/tv-reviews/lg-pj350-series-plasma-tv-42-50/po3-105997708,33/

The LED is full HD but if you look into reviews on the net, it doesn't rate to highly on picture quality compared to similar models http://alatest.com/reviews/tv-reviews/lg-le5500-series-led-tv-22-26-32-37-42-47-55/po3-104039389,33/

If you are looking for a new Plasma or LED you should read the thread Morons Guide To Televisions

Good luck

........... I download them in 1080p plenty of HD sites out there right now! Why watch low rez when you can have full HD . . . .

:thumbsup:

Is there really that much of a difference between 720 and 1080? I have a 42" Samsung that is 720. Pic is pretty nice. I'm having a hard time justifying a new one just to get 1080. Appreciate your input!

Is there really that much of a difference between 720 and 1080? I have a 42" Samsung that is 720. Pic is pretty nice. I'm having a hard time justifying a new one just to get 1080. Appreciate your input!

If you already have a 720 screen then I would not suggest you upgrade yet, unless you really want to?

This thread is about buying a new TV and I was simply saying, go for the best, which means 1080

especially if you are a BD or torrent freak and can get the HD films etc

I bought an lg 42pj350 42 inch plasma a couple of months ago for 17K. I guess its an older model and not full HD but its a truly awesome move up from my old Sharp CRT.

I'm amazed at the variety of functional affordable technologies in my condo that offers me incredible entertainment. Internet, torrents, music, video, etc. etc.

What a world!

I just bought a LG 50 inch 1080p plasma from homepro for 30k..

In store I got second thoughts v a slightly smaller LCD as the LCD whites were brighter, giving the plasma a grey look.. And the LCD instore had more pop to the colors.. However I know from projector use that the way the brain / eye interprets all this is very subjective and when viewed alone it rapidly recalibrates white levels as white etc.

Once home it was actually the other way.. They had the TV on such high white levels that it was clipping whites and needed to be turned down for a better image.

All in all very impressed for 30k.. Plays DiVX HD (but not DiVX HD+ so no mkv / h264 !!) and has a great image.. Highdef looks superb and ubc is watchable, ugly but watcheable.

The LED TV's were clearly superior but my main theater stuff is projector so I wasnt going to drop the 75k on the 55 inch Samsun series whatever 55 incher.. Great picture (little sharp on display) but 75 v 30?? Nah i'll take the cheapie for TV use. Now the 42 incher is free for the bedroom set.

A problem many new TVs have is that they are factory tuned for dealers' displays where many brands are sitting side-by-side and competing with one another. Factory tuning are often too much of too many settings and is not ideal for home viewing.