Party House, Khon Kaen

Neeranam

Last night I took the family to Party House for dinner. It was the worst service/food that I have had for a long long time. One guy sat staring at us, and was asked by another to do the drinks thing. He watched as I decided just to do it myself. I don't mind, but this guy was sitting right next to us.

The chicken in black bean sauce was terrible too. Maybe I am spoiled as my wife has a restaurant, but I couldn't eat this and it was expensive, relatively. 150 baht, compared to my wife's restaurant(closed at the moment for big refurbishments) on Lang Sung Ratchada, next to the museum.

Black bean chicken at my wife's place is only 35 baht! with chicken without bones. The chicken at party house was the boned stuff that usually only the really cheap places sell.

The only decent sevice in the place was the guy who watched the car, who got the tip usually given to the waiter. It was so bad that my wife even said not to give a tip, which something.

We are experimenting on new restaurant, looking at how they are run/food etc.

Does anyone know of any good ones in Khon Kaen or nearby.

Where is the Cabbages and Condoms in Khon Kaen?

I heard it is on Mittraphap Road , but cannot find it.

things have changed a bit since my last visit, Mr Chai is no more, it was a pretty decent place too.

had dinner at hollywoods last night and I reckon the place has deteriorated slightly.

might try best western (or summat like that)

went to buy a beer at big c food hall,no go there.

still I have my beer set up in the esky at home and have internet too.

big party tomorrow night in villiage (Banpaed) dont know whait's about but will be there, I think all welcome so if in the area pop in

Party House has the worst service and the food has been crap as well. Slow to serve, cold rice, can't get their attention when you need it; shit, can't even pay the bill when you want to go.

The nicest place, IMHO, is Top West...which is just before the train tracks on Srichan Road as you're heading out of town ( towards the highway to Big C, etc).

Good food, live music, great atmosphere...

IA

Party House has the worst service and the food has been crap as well. Slow to serve, cold rice, can't get their attention when you need it; shit, can't even pay the bill when you want to go.

The nicest place, IMHO, is Top West...which is just before the train tracks on Srichan Road as you're heading out of town ( towards the highway to Big C, etc).

Good food, live music, great atmosphere...

IA

Top West? I think I'll try it, thanks.