Looking For Room

siamy cat

Hello! I am new to Chiang Mai and looking for a room(house, apartment, guesthouse...) where we can also cook, up to 6000 month, short-term, if possible in the old town or not so far. I checked around but it is not easy to find a place where we can cook...

We really appreciate your help!!

Thank you in advance.

Veerachai Court is on Thapae soi 2 and has various rooms available in different blocks. Newest is the best but is 6,500...no cooking. A newer appartment complex with gorgeous pool is just out of town on Thanon Nimmanhemin. It's Baan Thai and is only 4,800 per month and superb views of Doi Suthep if you get on that side. No cooking facilities but you could buy an electric cooker for around 5/600 baht and there are loads of restaurants around there catering for the student population. They both have satellite and obviously tvs, fridges etc. but Baan Thai are talking about doing wireless internet to rooms and they have a better selection of satellite channels. Out of the two, I'd go for Baan Thai as it's really new, in a good location (decent area) and the pool is great. Sawngthaews into the city are 10 baht.

Veerachai Court - 053251047

Baan Thai - 053219000

Month deposit for Veerachai or 650 baht per night for new rooms and unfortunately about 2 months for Baan Thai.

Many other places around town such as Hillside and Lanna 3, but they are expensive for the former and full for the latter. Pretty sure Baan Thai have rooms now.

You may struggle finding a place with cooking facilities. Cooking facilities in an appartment would usually comprise two rooms and be way above your budget, while a house with kitchen would require you to sign a yearly, or 6 months at the least, lease. Vian Ping Mansion not far from Baan Thai may have a room with kitchen but is a bit tatty.

Veerachai Court is on Thapae soi 2 and has various rooms available in different blocks. Newest is the best but is 6,500...no cooking. A newer appartment complex with gorgeous pool is just out of town on Thanon Nimmanhemin. It's Baan Thai and is only 4,800 per month and superb views of Doi Suthep if you get on that side. No cooking facilities but you could buy an electric cooker for around 5/600 baht and there are loads of restaurants around there catering for the student population. They both have satellite and obviously tvs, fridges etc. but Baan Thai are talking about doing wireless internet to rooms and they have a better selection of satellite channels. Out of the two, I'd go for Baan Thai as it's really new, in a good location (decent area) and the pool is great. Sawngthaews into the city are 10 baht.

Baan Thai - 053219000

Month deposit for Veerachai or 650 baht per night for new rooms and unfortunately about 2 months for Baan Thai.

Many other places around town such as Hillside and Lanna 3, but they are expensive for the former and full for the latter. Pretty sure Baan Thai have rooms now.

Jackr (or anyone else who knows) - do you know if Baan Thai have a fax number or e-mail address? Would like to contact them from UK in advance of returning to CM for a June visit.

Thanks in advance :o

Baan Thai - 053219000

Jackr (or anyone else who knows) - do you know if Baan Thai have a fax number or e-mail address? Would like to contact them from UK in advance of returning to CM for a June visit.

Hi Steve,

There are two blocks, block A and B. Block B is the one with the good views of doi suthep if you get on the right side.

A

tel - 053227227

fax - 053227030

B

tel - 053219000

fax - 053227100

They've just fired up the wireless broadband running at about 256 kbps for about 800 baht per month unlimited.

cheers

Baan Thai - 053219000

Hi Steve,

There are two blocks, block A and B. Block B is the one with the good views of doi suthep if you get on the right side.

A

tel - 053227227

fax - 053227030

B

tel - 053219000

fax - 053227100

They've just fired up the wireless broadband running at about 256 kbps for about 800 baht per month unlimited.

cheers

Thanks very much jackr - also appreciate the extra info about which block to go for and great news about the internet!

Baan Thai - 053219000

Hi Steve,

A

tel - 053227227

fax - 053227030

B

tel - 053219000

fax - 053227100

cheers

Thanks very much jackr - also appreciate the extra info about which block to go for and great news about the internet!

http://www.thaihotels.com/hotels/details.aspx?hid=1186 the bahn thai looks a nice place from the photos here and at a reasonable price thanks jackyr will check this place out.

Baan Thai - 053219000

Hi Steve,

A

tel - 053227227

fax - 053227030

B

tel - 053219000

fax - 053227100

cheers

http://www.thaihotels.com/hotels/details.aspx?hid=1186 the bahn thai looks a nice place from the photos here and at a reasonable price thanks jackyr will check this place out.

Not the same Baan Thai, I think? It's a very common name for apartments, hotels & restaurants.

A friend of mine lives in a place by the old municipal stadium (Chang Phuek area). He pays less than 4k, has a great view of Doi Suthep & a small cooking area - inside even! If this area might work let me know & I'll get the name of the building.

you could try the lanna 3 building on hueykeaw road (spelling please) it is located just after dunkin donuts on the opposite side i know the have a apartment coming up very soon with a separate kitchen for less than 6000baht and it is very quite in there.i have recently just moved from there, but had no complaints.

minimum term is 3 months though otherwise you lose your deposit.

regards

sinkorswim

Edited by sinkorswim

Baan Thai - 053219000

Thanks in advance :D

Hi Steve,

A

tel - 053227227

fax - 053227030

B

tel - 053219000

fax - 053227100

cheers

Not the same Baan Thai, I think? It's a very common name for apartments, hotels & restaurants.

No, not the same place. The Baan Thai I'm on about is an eight-storey concrete establishment on Thanon Nimanhaemin, further north.

Does look nice mind. Can't beat a bit a Lanna :o

In Crossroads Homestay (http://www.cafecrossroadstravel.com) we have 4 rooms. Usually we rent them out for 350 baht a day. Modern quiet aircon in the room, very good beds. Shared facilities in the house are: 2 bathrooms, living room with cable TV, ADSL phone line, fully equippd kitchen,roof terrace, nice garden. All in a traditional Thai house with wooden floors.

Hans Deckers

• 2 weeks later...
Hello!  I am new to Chiang Mai and looking for a room(house, apartment, guesthouse...) where we can also cook, up to 6000 month, short-term, if possible in the old town or not so far.  I checked around but it is not easy to find a place where we can cook...

We really appreciate your help!!

Thank you in advance.

If Budget is not your problem, Try VIANGBUA MANSION SERVICE APARTMENT - CHIANG MAI THAILAND

I want to comment on my recent two month stay at Viangbua Mansion. In short, I was delighted with it in all respects. The Manager and the staff have created a wonderful environment. In particular, you’ve created a safe, comfortable, and elegant facility in Chiang Mai. Thank you so much for taking care of every detail, for your personal involvement, and for keeping me “connected” to the Internet. I wish you, your family, and your staff a very Happy Songkran, and success and joy in the New Year. I look forward to my next stay with you. Until then, thank you for helping make my time in Chiang Mai so pleasant.

Their website : http://www.viangbuamansion-chiangmai.com :o:D