Info On Ko Kut And Ko Mak

highlander76

What sort of place are you looking for? Your budget? Do you have a Thai spouse / kids in tow who need TV and who will just sulk all the time if there's no reasonably priced somtam within 100 metres of the resort? A bit more info and I'll try to think of some suitable places.

What sort of place are you looking for? Your budget? Do you have a Thai spouse / kids in tow who need TV and who will just sulk all the time if there's no reasonably priced somtam within 100 metres of the resort? A bit more info and I'll try to think of some suitable places.

Changian my budget would be around 1000baht to 1500baht my wife is thai the one thing she hates is being ripped of on the price of seafood what is very important to me is a clean beach and safe swimming :)

Probably best to avoid Koh kood as most accommodation is out of your price range and there isnt a good variety of restaurants.

Outside the holiday weekends there arent many Thai visitors on Koh Mak, but those who go there seem to like it so long as they arent expecting it to be like a typical Thai beach resort - Bang Saen it isnt.

On Koh Mak maybe Holiday Beach, Baan Chailay or Baan Koh Mak - all in your price range and on the busiest beach which has a road running along the rear of the resorts that has a few small places to eat & drink. ( But expect things to be a bit more expensive than on Koh Chang. )

The northwest facing beach is a bit better for swimming but here there is only Suchanaree Bungalows for under 1500 / night. Simple bungalows close to Koh Mak Resort on a few hundred metres of empty beach. If you want peace & quiet, grweat beach, great view and are happy to rent a scooter to get to the busier beach, or walk about 30 minutes across the island, to eat your seafood then this is a nice spot.