Local Amphur Providing Free Rifles To Residents?

surayu

Today the Miss told me that apparently the local amphur is providing a free rifle any 3 residents because at the moment the area seems to be affected by theft and drug offences, she also specify that before the rifles are assigned they do some sort of background check on the individuals and only "able males" are entitled, so no women or old/too young people, they then start doing security checks around the area, i still haven't seen anybody doing these patrols, are you familiar with these kind of events?

It's under the Prachin Buri area, the Miss was so calm and relaxed about it, seems to be something normal here, that's why i wanted to know if anybody else came across this kind of procedures, i came from a different country where things are dealt a bit differently and sometime they really surprise me with their local habits here :):D

Thats hard to believe.One thing the prices cause of taxes are enormous.And everyone in thailand that can posess A firearm has to have A gun license.They aren't cheap either.

I know of all of yhis cause vI have A personal friend who owns A gun shop in Korat.

is shirt colour an issue when applying???

I have no idea, however around here it's seems to be more "reds" than anything else, some of them even goes around with a badge hanging from their neck, it looks like a party affiliation card or something very close to it.

Thats hard to believe.One thing the prices cause of taxes are enormous.And everyone in thailand that can posess A firearm has to have A gun license.They aren't cheap either.

I know of all of yhis cause vI have A personal friend who owns A gun shop in Korat.

It's interesting to know what the official regulations are, thanks for sharing it, however i think i would rather avoid to ask any of those guys if they got the right license or are they paying the tax, while i am standing on the other side of a rifle, i let you have all the honour and i will try to survive with my doubt :)

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Today i saw for the first time one of those guys, he wasn't wearing any security uniform/badges, in fact he was dressed up exactly like the many people you see in the rice fields, the only difference is that he was walking around with this all shining new rifle, i like to add that he was carring the weapon incorrectly and i hope that he didn't had any bullet on it ready to fires..... :)