Re-entry Permit - Where Do I Obtain?

Firstly, sorry if this has been covered previously and I have missed it.

I have a non Imm B ext good to Sept 2010. I need to get a re-entry permit next month as I am leaving for a couple of weeks. Many of the posts say your 'local' office. Local to where you work, live, or had your visa extended? I live in Minburi (address for 90 reporting), I work in Rangsit and had my visa ext in Pathum Thani. At work they tell me I can go to any office but I have lost a lot of shoe leather trusting them. It would be more convenient for me to go to the new Imm office in Wattana whatever. But can I get one there?

Can anyone help me please.

Edited by ThaiFelix

Always a good idea to get one when you get your visa..A sigle re-entry is only 1000 baht and saves car rubber/pocket money too! You never know when you may have to make a quick exit and if you are at the wrong end of the country then it can cost a lot to get back to where you got your visa extension or original visa...

I got to the office late when I got my extension at Ayutthaya and they said that I could go to the Kanchanaburi office to get the re-entry permit later. Straight from the horse's mouth but I don't trust the advice and will confirm with the Kan office if I choose this option...it's a nicer drive to Kan than to Ayutthaya :)