Nightlife In Krabi Town?

grumpyoldman

I was walking around Krabi town last week during the day, and although really hot quite enjoyed it.

Inexpensive hotel rooms available, I had an excellent lunch for 100thb, the river looks very interesting I was quoted a cave tour for two at 500thb, overall very nice experience.

So next time I'm thinking of staying there instead of Ao Nang.

Question to any of you out there, is there nightlife in Krabi Town? Live music or discos?

Hi grumpy old men...

there is, not made for farangs in particular, but there are a few nice thai style beer gardens, often having bands playing. most of them are along the Maharaj road, the main road through krabi town, just a few 100 meters out from the center (Vouge shopping center) towards the airport. Also a club called "room 69", really local, no farangs, good fun...

Have fun!

The river trip to the caves and khao kanab nahm is worth a look, good fun, and they usually take you to a fish farm on Koh Klang as well. The nightlife in town is also fun, not as salubrious as other places but that is often a good thing.

There is live music on a lot of the time, you just need to be in the right place at the right time, in the past few months I have seen live music at:

Bolero's restaurant (Uttarakit road / Khong kha road)

The Roof top bar (top of Chao fa road)

Blue Juice (close to the pier night market)

Jam House (off maharat road, near crazy pub)

Kwan Fang (end of Maharat near krabi municipality building)

The Thai's rock out at Crazy pub or Room 69 both of which have bands playing most nights. You may be the only farang in these discos but they are both friendly places.

Enjoy!

Edited by kontai

The river trip to the caves and khao kanab nahm is worth a look, good fun, and they usually take you to a fish farm on Koh Klang as well. The nightlife in town is also fun, not as salubrious as other places but that is often a good thing.

There is live music on a lot of the time, you just need to be in the right place at the right time, in the past few months I have seen live music at:

Bolero's restaurant (Uttarakit road / Khong kha road)

The Roof top bar (top of Chao fa road)

Blue Juice (close to the pier night market)

Jam House (off maharat road, near crazy pub)

Kwan Fang (end of Maharat near krabi municipality building)

The Thai's rock out at Crazy pub or Room 69 both of which have bands playing most nights. You may be the only farang in these discos but they are both friendly places.

Enjoy!

CHFarang and kontai,

thank you very much. The one question I had after reading CH's post was the friendliness if in fact I was the only farang, and kontai seemed to answer that.

I'm looking forward to my next mission, the nighttime walk about - Krabi town.

Cheers !