Chiang Mai, Is It Wort A Visit ?

samuiDarbs

Hello all

I am a regular visitor to Thailand and will be there

this July and was thinking of maybe chiang mai this time just for 1 week then go samui and pattaya

what's it like are there many things to do /bars restaurants activities shopping

guest house or hotels

any information would be great

thank q

Yes! There are thousands of things; it's a huge tourist place. Can hardly begin to explain. thousands of tourists all the time (seriously). It's almost a tourist trap. It's so different from the other places you list, that you need to come and see Northern Thailand (Lanna). Check some websites. heck, you can even read Lonely Planet (!).

Hello all

this July and was thinking of maybe chiang mai this time just for 1 week then go samui and pattaya

If you are already a regular vistor to Thailand with frequent trips to Pattaya then you will be disappointed with Chiang Mai.

Hello all

If you are already a regular vistor to Thailand with frequent trips to Pattaya then you will be disappointed with Chiang Mai.

surely that depends on what he is looking for?

7 days for nightlife is just right, longer than that and he would get bored with it, as my Son who has been here 2 weeks is now. (But he's a student and does not have the dosh to go anywhere else).

Hello all

Au contraire, we have many of the same 'attractions' and, we have a Simon's Cabaret.

We don't have the dirty water of Jomtien Beach, though.

Edited by PeaceBlondie

Hello all

Au contraire, we have many of the same 'attractions' and, we have a Simon's Cabaret.

We don't have the dirty water of Jomtien Beach, though.

You mean "The Simon's Dream"? Always been curious as to who "the Simon" is/was.

Transcribed from an earlier post in this forum.....on pg 5.

You wont like it here.

Its filthy, smogy,and filled w/ poisiness snakes. People are miserable unhappy and poverty sticken. Wild Elephants run rampant at night killing hundreds each week. Its hot and humid. Food is scarce and the water is undrinkable."law and order" are not words in their vocabulary.

Services like Electricity and Telephone are scnaty and unpredictable. The ferocious wild Tigers are protected by international treaties, so cant be delt with.

The good news is that I dont believe rumors that Osama Binladen is hiding here and we are subject to a full assult by US Marines at any moment.

Chiangmai? A virtual Hel on earth.

Now That I'm here I'm pulling up the draw bridge