Aia Health Insurance ?!

wimster

Wimster,

I had to go into the AIA office today in Phrae and I mentioned your experience to the chief.

He does not understand why you have been refused cover but cannot comment as he does not have the full facts in front of him.

If you still want cover with AIA he may be able to help you.

Thanks, but no way I want AIA coverage. Can not trust them.

I would like my money back though....they refused cover nearly 4 weeks ago now.

Wondering what keeps them from repaying. In Europe I would have gotten a check with the refusal letter.

But the Thai agent said today that she would refund it herself, before the check is coming. We'll see though...

Wimster,

I had to go into the AIA office today in Phrae and I mentioned your experience to the chief.

He does not understand why you have been refused cover but cannot comment as he does not have the full facts in front of him.

If you still want cover with AIA he may be able to help you.

Always found AIA very good. NEVER heard of having to pay before passing medicals etc.

Sometimes heard of having to pay for certain blood tests for other companies (not over a 1,000Bt)

As far as I know you only hand over the money when joining and accepted in the program.

One word of warning though when paying, deal directly through the company or at least sign a cheque made out to the company and crossed. Never hand over cash or cheques

that can be cashed to the agents. I speak from experience!! They "rotate the money"!!

Was the sum of money you paid, for a bill you received directly from AIA??

If a problem with the agent don't panic - there is a central governing body where they (the agents) renew their licenses every year.

Thanks. I do have a original AIA receipt and refusal of cover letter, so enough proof. Actually, I think it is not the agent holding up / scamming, but the company...

Appearantly you are not right re. handing over money before being accepted. It seems to be practice with most (insurance) companies here.

Something I did not mention yet, is that I was considering taking out a big life insurance policy and also a savings program. Needless to say that will happen with AIA's competition now.

Always found AIA very good. NEVER heard of having to pay before passing medicals etc.

Sometimes heard of having to pay for certain blood tests for other companies (not over a 1,000Bt)

As far as I know you only hand over the money when joining and accepted in the program.

One word of warning though when paying, deal directly through the company or at least sign a cheque made out to the company and crossed. Never hand over cash or  cheques

that can be cashed to the agents. I speak from experience!! They "rotate the money"!!

Was the sum of money you paid, for a bill you received directly from AIA??

If a problem with the agent don't panic - there is a central governing body where they (the agents) renew their licenses every year.

Edited by wimster

Wimster, I have been with AIA/AIG for ten years and I have always been very pleased with the service, far better than anything I ever got back in the UK.

I have never been asked for money in advance.

I think you have found a bad office. Can you disclose which office it was ?

You have been with AIA for ten years. Working for them, Thetyim ? Or have shares in AIG ? If so, good luck.

If they are so great, could there be a "bad office".

It was an agent, not an office.

Wimster, I have been with AIA/AIG for ten years and I have always been very pleased with the service,  far better than anything I ever got back in the UK.

You have been with AIA for ten years. Working for them, Thetyim ? Or have shares in AIG ? If so, good luck.

Wimster, I have been with AIA/AIG for ten years and I have always been very pleased with the service,  far better than anything I ever got back in the UK.

I'd have that blood pressure checked again mate...

I'm healthy my friend, are you ?

I'd have that blood pressure checked again mate...

Wimster: Make lemonade out of AIA's lemons. Go self insured. When you add up all the premiums you paid in 12 years without making a claim, you will see how far ahead you would be if you had just banked the premiums.

In Thailand, the cost of excellent medical care is so reasonable that you will have a sizeable fund available to you if you just bank the premium in a health account.

I was quoted 12k per month from Sun Alliance for world wide coverage and it seemed high to me.

That was three years ago and you can do the math on how much I have saved by self insuring as I am quite healthy and have always been so.

My guess is that if you saved the AIA premium for just two years, you would have enough to pay for even tripple bypass surgery in Thailand.

Insurance is sold by fear. Coming from the west where the medical costs are so expensive, having a medical problem is catostrophic and must be insured against, but that is not the case in Thailand. in my opinion.

geez,

have to take back my endorsement of AIA. I was actually with Royal Sun Alliance, who were fantastic. Don't know why I though I was with AIA....2 years ago I guess....

So my body might be in good working order...but obviously not my brain! :o

Dear Wimster,

So sorry that you do not know a genuine offer of help from a scam.

I do not work or have any connection with AIA that would benefit me.

I was just trying to help you. I apologize for trying.

Thanks. Not intentional on my end if you had good intentions. I did not compare your offer of help to a scam, did I?

Point is that it was too late anyway, I don't and will not trust a compnay that takes my money, and does not give me anything for it then a headache to get a refund.

Today is 7 weeks since I handed the money and nearly 4 since the rejection letter came...

Dear Wimster,

So sorry that you do not know a genuine offer of help from a scam.

I do not work or have any connection with AIA that would benefit me.

I was just trying to help you. I apologize for trying.

I just got a check from AIA today for the full amount. It was dated 9 days ago though...I don't get it why it took them that long to get it to me, but hey.

I stick with my original comment that this smells like a scam. Sitting on people's money for 7 weeks.

Admin; can you please close this post. Thank you.

:D:D:D

Kwai should they close this Fred :D ? Just because you started it :o ? Pray tell us ? :D

I have been with AIA for a long time and have never paid anything until the policy was approved. :D

And yes, I too did the tests (100 kgs or so body weight ) no problem.

As mentioned before on this Fred (agent) was your problem.

My problem was finding an agent to insure me in my condition:-

large.jpg

Say no more :D

Happy Days. :D

Kan Win :D