Finally Happy!

cmjantje

===clip===

BEAUTIFUL!

Now it is 23.00, and I go to bed as a really happy ( and mao nitnoy) man!

THIS is why I love Thailand! Too bad it took me 60 years :)

I really hope you all have or will get the same happiness like I have now!

cmjantje

Hearty congratulations. I'm 56 and hope it doesn't take till I'm 60 to find the Right One . ;-) Which leads me to respond to kandahar . . . who wrote:

Kaoboi Bebobp, I suspect your wedding will be just a bit cooler than the one being celebrated here. Congratulations to you as well. Maybe one day you'll talk her into making this place home, for both of you. If you do, you and cmjantje will have some common ground to start a friendship on.

I can see how you might misinterpret my somewhat awkward wording. Sad to say I've not met the Right One and therefore am not married -- yet. But thanks for the good wishes. I'll keep them in the warming oven.

So, is everyone in CR this friendly? I'll find out this autumn anyway, when I start my permanent reassignment (read: retirement) and visit this intriguing place.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

===clip===

BEAUTIFUL!

cmjantje

Hearty congratulations. I'm 56 and hope it doesn't take till I'm 60 to find the Right One ™. ;-) Which leads me to respond to kandahar . . . who wrote:

Kaoboi Bebobp, I suspect your wedding will be just a bit cooler than the one being celebrated here. Congratulations to you as well. Maybe one day you'll talk her into making this place home, for both of you. If you do, you and cmjantje will have some common ground to start a friendship on.

I can see how you might misinterpret my somewhat awkward wording. Sad to say I've not met the Right One ™ and therefore am not married -- yet. But thanks for the good wishes. I'll keep them in the warming oven.

So, is everyone in CR this friendly? I'll find out this autumn anyway, when I start my permanent reassignment (read: retirement) and visit this intriguing place.

Welcome!

I think you will never regret that!

Well I can't say if they are in real life or not, having never met any of them, but certainly here on this CR forum they are a friendly and helpful bunch. I suspect that given the size of the province and the fact that everyone is probably fairly spread out geographically it's not a group that meets up too often. For myself, in my brief visit to CR I found it to be a very beautiful place. As with anywhere it depends on the people in your immediate area and, perhaps more importantly, on yourself and your disposition/personality and your reasons for relocating.

I wish you all the best with your relocation plans and hope you can find a nice corner of 'The Rai' that warms your heart and soul.

Cheers, Biff

===clip===

BEAUTIFUL!

cmjantje

Hearty congratulations. I'm 56 and hope it doesn't take till I'm 60 to find the Right One . ;-) Which leads me to respond to kandahar . . . who wrote:

I can see how you might misinterpret my somewhat awkward wording. Sad to say I've not met the Right One and therefore am not married -- yet. But thanks for the good wishes. I'll keep them in the warming oven.

Kaoboi Bebopb, I did misinterpret your words. I was certain you were in for a very cold wedding in Canada on that same day. Sorry to hear you haven't met "the one". I'm hoping that happens soon for you.

I met my lifemate a little late in life. I was forty seven. I'm 52 now. She waited all those years to find me, I guess. Things have been perfect since that meeting, though.

I'm not sure if all of us here in CR are "that" friendly but most seem to be good people. You can read on the forum that most are decent and you can read on the forum that most have a bad day now and then. I've met very few of the folks that peruse this forum but the ones I have met are friendly and decent. The few that I have met continue to drop by often after the first meeting and I'm always tickled to see them again.

If you find the time for a sit-down and a chat when you get to CR, PM me with a heads-up and I'll break away for a cup of coffee with you.

kandahar

===clip===

BEAUTIFUL!

cmjantje

Hearty congratulations. I'm 56 and hope it doesn't take till I'm 60 to find the Right One ™. ;-) Which leads me to respond to kandahar . . . who wrote:

I can see how you might misinterpret my somewhat awkward wording. Sad to say I've not met the Right One ™ and therefore am not married -- yet. But thanks for the good wishes. I'll keep them in the warming oven.

Kaoboi Bebopb, I did misinterpret your words. I was certain you were in for a very cold wedding in Canada on that same day. Sorry to hear you haven't met "the one". I'm hoping that happens soon for you.

I met my lifemate a little late in life. I was forty seven. I'm 52 now. She waited all those years to find me, I guess. Things have been perfect since that meeting, though.

I'm not sure if all of us here in CR are "that" friendly but most seem to be good people. You can read on the forum that most are decent and you can read on the forum that most have a bad day now and then. I've met very few of the folks that peruse this forum but the ones I have met are friendly and decent. The few that I have met continue to drop by often after the first meeting and I'm always tickled to see them again.

If you find the time for a sit-down and a chat when you get to CR, PM me with a heads-up and I'll break away for a cup of coffee with you.

kandahar

If you want to see the difference check out the Chiangmai forum... THEY are many times very unfriendly even hostile and rude.

Apologies to the OP for going off topic, but if we are all so nice and chummy here in the Rai, why didn't more people stop by to pay their respects to the happy couple and why don't we at least smile or say hello in BigC? Is it really that hard to be nice or at least civil in public? (Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.)

I'm not sure that all this talk of weddings is doing me any good.

The sceadugengan, although loyal and dedicated partners, tend to avoid the legalities if possible. :D

You are excused, we all have our little idiosyncrasies. We were okay with the legalities but took a pass on the parties and ceremonies. To each their own. :)

I'm not sure that all this talk of weddings is doing me any good.

The sceadugengan, although loyal and dedicated partners, tend to avoid the legalities if possible. :)

I can find myself in this post, but I wrote my story just to mention that there are other girls than money hunters in Thailand but also beautiful Thai women who are caring, not thinking working is dirty, know their place without being walked over and that there are communities in Thailand that really take care of eachother without using the word money!.

You don't need to be married to live together with your gemstone. In a small village like Sancharoen however everything is really old fashioned and people Look at the woman if she is just living together. Besides that.. it is really good to see how your fellow villagers react on that (also for your gemstone) important day.

But you Are right... it does not matter how you live together in happiness, married or not. I personally don't believe in a piece of paper to declare that you will live together for the rest of your life. Sometimes however the Governements (both in Thailand as well as in most other countries) think different about that.

Edited by cmjantje

Of course I can tell you about yesterday And today.

Yesterday was Beautiful. First we had the celebration of course and after that the party started. I was very glad to meet some of your TV members, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

The party ended around 9 in the evening.

About 150 people came, eated, drank, sung, danced... It was really heartwarming.

5 boxes of whiskey, 10 boxes of beer, one whole pig (was not enough, we had to order 10 kg more)... Everything was finished.

The people (the women) who worked all day, cooking things, serving the food and drinks, the karaoke.. really everything was perfect. If I say that I never had a party like this I lie, because I had it yesterday.

Today around 7 in the morning the men and women came back to clean everything and after that we had an afterparty.

BEAUTIFUL!

Of course I can tell you about yesterday And today.

Yesterday was Beautiful. First we had the celebration of course and after that the party started. I was very glad to meet some of your TV members, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

The party ended around 9 in the evening.

About 150 people came, eated, drank, sung, danced... It was really heartwarming.

5 boxes of whiskey, 10 boxes of beer, one whole pig (was not enough, we had to order 10 kg more)... Everything was finished.

The people (the women) who worked all day, cooking things, serving the food and drinks, the karaoke.. really everything was perfect. If I say that I never had a party like this I lie, because I had it yesterday.

Today around 7 in the morning the men and women came back to clean everything and after that we had an afterparty.

BEAUTIFUL!

Hello!

Yes,I have a litle bit of problems to reply+but I hope it is allright now.

I am so happy to here this kind of storie becourse I think there is to much of the other kind to here.

I am very happy that you have found your place to stay and be happy whit your new wife.

I am self living in Chiang Rai,and have a nice and good woman and we are also going to get married in short time+I am so happy here in town and only meet good people and no bad one.

We just buy a new house and moving in d.22. in this month so we are happy to+it is a good area near the old airpot+Santhenee.

I whis all of you a good life and take care.

Brian

Apologies to the OP for going off topic, but if we are all so nice and chummy here in the Rai, why didn't more people stop by to pay their respects to the happy couple. I would have loved to if I'd been in the country :) and why don't we at least smile or say hello in BigC? Very good point, I was all smiles in BigC and got blanked quite a few times. Is it really that hard to be nice or at least civil in public? It shouldn't be. That really bugs me too. (Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.)

• 5 months later...

Update:

After more than 9 months still happy together although the language is starting to get a bit in the way. It is obvious that I Must learn Thai but found out it does not stick anymore. I think I am older than I want. Anyone has this problem and if, how you solved it?

Oh one bad thing... My neighbor (farang) built a, what I call, Berlin wall, so when I look out my window the only thing I see is an ugly grey wall. If I had met Na two months earlier I could have bought that land and could enjoy the view I had untill two weeks ago.

For the rest.. The house is almost finished, we built a new bathroom, kitchen, garage etc., the mrs. has her two pigs and her own vegetables and I.... I have my life back... a life I wanted already such a long time!

I wish You all the same joy I have!

• Like 2

Congratulations,what a lovely invitation and story.

I 'm about 20 km s. e of Chiang Sean With my G.F. our new house and about 50 pigs.If all goes well we'll marry soon as well.It isn't easy adjusting to the dramatic changes even thou I've spent 4 months for the past 5 years here in T.L.

We have my G.F. family on each side and I'm learning every day from them.

They have little $ but have everything they need with 2000 rai to farm."Lazy Thai " does not apply here,these people are so determined but in my opinion take to much gov't b.s. as normal eg; village water is on 1 1/2 hrs morning and evening (maybe!) because the village pump is old .

It is heart breaking seeing these people putting up with this stuff while the gov't puts up more useless building that have little or no use.

When I pursue it with my G.F. I get back "I want happy ,not talking about what I can not change."Hey maybe she's right ! But I've never been one to lay down!

Back home ( Canada) we vote for better and get the same crap in a different package.

Marcgee

Update:

After more than 9 months still happy together although the language is starting to get a bit in the way. It is obvious that I Must learn Thai but found out it does not stick anymore. I think I am older than I want. Anyone has this problem and if, how you solved it?

Oh one bad thing... My neighbor (farang) built a, what I call, Berlin wall, so when I look out my window the only thing I see is an ugly grey wall. If I had met Na two months earlier I could have bought that land and could enjoy the view I had untill two weeks ago.

For the rest.. The house is almost finished, we built a new bathroom, kitchen, garage etc., the mrs. has her two pigs and her own vegetables and I.... I have my life back... a life I wanted already such a long time!

Why do people build these walls. A bad-un will easily scale it anyway, better to plant a good floral hedge, they establish so fast here.

Wish you and your Mrs a good and happy future together, nothing like the simple life!

Update:

Why do people build these walls. A bad-un will easily scale it anyway, better to plant a good floral hedge, they establish so fast here.

Wish you and your Mrs a good and happy future together, nothing like the simple life!

I agree Lannaman, but its all relative , you should see what they built in the rice field in front of me. Looks like the black hole of Calcutta. It'll come falling down next year, hope that wall does too B)

and Cmjante, wait till those two pigs get out and run riot around the Vegetables, I've been there , done that.

9 months, It seems like yesterday since I first saw your post.

Absolutely right dear Lannaman! It's much more friendly.

As you might know, it is even forbidden to build walls in the

compound where I live. All houses and gardens are separated by

hedges. I got, including the drive, more than two hundred meter

hedge and I love to cut big parts of it myself (if I'm ever going

to be an angel, I will be one with very powerful wing-strokes).

We also know that Jantje has a Rottweiler. For those who don't know

much about the accessories that come with these lovely dogs:

For instance an electric collar, activated by pushing a button on a

remote controle, provides electric shocks to the animal, so with the

remote control you can 'stop' it effectively.

Jantje told me once that he sometimes has problems with the remote

controle that activates the electric collar. And then he can push

untill his fingers get blue, but his lovely dog is loose ...

I am very happy that my neighbours have an extremely friendly Golden

Retriever and a naughty but lovely Jack Russell. They visit every

morning to say hello to us and to our cat.

But if I would live next to a Rottweiler I wouldn't feel safe behind

a hedge. An empty battery in the remote controle ... help!

I'm afraid I would opt for a stone wall as well.

Limbo :yohan:

Absolutely right dear Lannaman! It's much more friendly.

As you might know, it is even forbidden to build walls in the

compound where I live. All houses and gardens are separated by

hedges. I got, including the drive, more than two hundred meter

hedge and I love to cut big parts of it myself (if I'm ever going

to be an angel, I will be one with very powerful wing-strokes).

We also know that Jantje has a Rottweiler. For those who don't know

much about the accessories that come with these lovely dogs:

For instance an electric collar, activated by pushing a button on a

remote controle, provides electric shocks to the animal, so with the

remote control you can 'stop' it effectively.

Jantje told me once that he sometimes has problems with the remote

controle that activates the electric collar. And then he can push

untill his fingers get blue, but his lovely dog is loose ...

I am very happy that my neighbours have an extremely friendly Golden

Retriever and a naughty but lovely Jack Russell. They visit every

morning to say hello to us and to our cat.

But if I would live next to a Rottweiler I wouldn't feel safe behind

a hedge. An empty battery in the remote controle ... help!

I'm afraid I would opt for a stone wall as well.

Limbo :yohan:

You better stop now Jean! The device you mention did not work from the begiinning and I could not use it at all. I only showed it to you. If you want me to be such a bad person then mention that I did not want to buy a bottle of wiskey for you when you wanted to visit me... you had to buy your own one after many weeks I provided it together with the food your "wife" did not like so mine had to buy new at the market.

I know this is not the place to fight the personal things between members of the forum but sometimes someone goes Too far!

Case closed!

Mod please close this thread. It has gone too far off topic.

Regards

JAN M.M. Dekker

So you guys know each other from the Good Old days. Good.

Lighten up Guys. nothings been said here that should upset anyone. Just a bit of Mischeviousness :D

Anyone up for a meet (Kiss & make up) at Dons tomorrow for Lunch !?

Lighten up Guys. nothings been said here that should upset anyone. Just a bit of Mischeviousness :D

Isn't that the truth? Strange words suddenly in this topic.

Maybe TWO people need to stop by here at the same time for a little single malt session. Most of these things are easily fixed and usually come from misunderstandings anyway.

CMJ, I invited you months ago. It still stands. We still won't see eye to eye on everything. But we can get along.

You know, I disagree with VF on lots of things, starting with the awful haircut he keeps. After many battles between us containing harsh words concerning his hair style choice, he is kind enough to wear a hat now when he sees me. But we find common ground as well and things get pretty humorous with us sometimes. Until he takes off that damned hat. And then the fight is on, again.

Edited by kandahar

Maybe TWO people need to stop by here at the same time for a little single malt session. Most of these things are easily fixed and usually come from misunderstandings anyway.

CMJ, I invited you months ago. It still stands. We still won't see eye to eye on everything. But we can get along.

You know, I disagree with VF on lots of things, starting with the awful haircut he keeps. After many battles between us containing harsh words concerning his hair style choice, he is kind enough to wear a hat now when he sees me. But we find common ground as well and things get pretty humorous with us sometimes. Until he takes off that damned hat. And then the fight is on, again.

Sorry but I did not start accusationes... Jean did!

Like with every Rottweiler comes with the training device. Very legal by the way http://www.innotek.net/Products/Remote-Trainers/UltraSmart-Micro-Remote-Trainer.aspx . It did not work for me so I trained her myself. And as L. knows already... My R is safe More safe than his neighbors Russel See nr 30 on this thread)

Please pm me your telephone number so we can make an appointment

And a haircut? It is only a haircut and remember.... on brains the hair does not grow :)

Remind me to wear a hat next time we go to lunch. Don't want to dredge up any bad memories. For some unexplained reason I like VF's hair, or lack of hair, style.

Sorry but I did not start accusationes... Jean did!

Like with every Rottweiler comes with the training device. Very legal by the way http://www.innotek.n...te-Trainer.aspx . It did not work for me so I trained her myself. And as L. knows already... My R is safe More safe than his neighbors Russel See nr 30 on this thread)

Please pm me your telephone number so we can make an appointment

And a haircut? It is only a haircut and remember.... on brains the hair does not grow :)

It isn't just any haircut. It is VF's haircut!

I will send the phone number and you're welcome to stop by. But we won't be talking about any of the bad times on the forum except maybe the ones between you and I. I prefer to get along with everyone. Except VF, when he forgets that hat. So, other than VF and that haircut of his, or the outlaw jubby, we probably won't even be discussing forum members. Too many other topics to enjoy.

The thread is a good thread with lots of good stuff. I hate to see it closed. The story isn't over, is it? More good things to come in your life.

Edited by kandahar

Remind me to wear a hat next time we go to lunch. Don't want to dredge up any bad memories. For some unexplained reason I like VF's hair, or lack of hair, style.

Scorpio, our hairstyle allows our true beauty to 'shine' through. No need for shaggy adornments to hide the ugliness. They are just jealous. ;)