BANGKOK
Sign in to follow this  
cmjantje

Finally Happy!

===clip===

BEAUTIFUL!

Now it is 23.00, and I go to bed as a really happy ( and mao nitnoy) man!

THIS is why I love Thailand! Too bad it took me 60 years :)

I really hope you all have or will get the same happiness like I have now!

cmjantje

Hearty congratulations. I'm 56 and hope it doesn't take till I'm 60 to find the Right One . ;-) Which leads me to respond to kandahar . . . who wrote:

Kaoboi Bebobp, I suspect your wedding will be just a bit cooler than the one being celebrated here. Congratulations to you as well. Maybe one day you'll talk her into making this place home, for both of you. If you do, you and cmjantje will have some common ground to start a friendship on.

I can see how you might misinterpret my somewhat awkward wording. Sad to say I've not met the Right One and therefore am not married -- yet. But thanks for the good wishes. I'll keep them in the warming oven.

So, is everyone in CR this friendly? I'll find out this autumn anyway, when I start my permanent reassignment (read: retirement) and visit this intriguing place.

===clip===

BEAUTIFUL!

cmjantje

Hearty congratulations. I'm 56 and hope it doesn't take till I'm 60 to find the Right One ™. ;-) Which leads me to respond to kandahar . . . who wrote:

Kaoboi Bebobp, I suspect your wedding will be just a bit cooler than the one being celebrated here. Congratulations to you as well. Maybe one day you'll talk her into making this place home, for both of you. If you do, you and cmjantje will have some common ground to start a friendship on.

I can see how you might misinterpret my somewhat awkward wording. Sad to say I've not met the Right One ™ and therefore am not married -- yet. But thanks for the good wishes. I'll keep them in the warming oven.

So, is everyone in CR this friendly? I'll find out this autumn anyway, when I start my permanent reassignment (read: retirement) and visit this intriguing place.

Welcome!

I think you will never regret that!

Well I can't say if they are in real life or not, having never met any of them, but certainly here on this CR forum they are a friendly and helpful bunch. I suspect that given the size of the province and the fact that everyone is probably fairly spread out geographically it's not a group that meets up too often. For myself, in my brief visit to CR I found it to be a very beautiful place. As with anywhere it depends on the people in your immediate area and, perhaps more importantly, on yourself and your disposition/personality and your reasons for relocating.

I wish you all the best with your relocation plans and hope you can find a nice corner of 'The Rai' that warms your heart and soul.

Cheers, Biff

===clip===

BEAUTIFUL!

cmjantje

Hearty congratulations. I'm 56 and hope it doesn't take till I'm 60 to find the Right One . ;-) Which leads me to respond to kandahar . . . who wrote:

I can see how you might misinterpret my somewhat awkward wording. Sad to say I've not met the Right One and therefore am not married -- yet. But thanks for the good wishes. I'll keep them in the warming oven.

Kaoboi Bebopb, I did misinterpret your words. I was certain you were in for a very cold wedding in Canada on that same day. Sorry to hear you haven't met "the one". I'm hoping that happens soon for you.

I met my lifemate a little late in life. I was forty seven. I'm 52 now. She waited all those years to find me, I guess. Things have been perfect since that meeting, though.

I'm not sure if all of us here in CR are "that" friendly but most seem to be good people. You can read on the forum that most are decent and you can read on the forum that most have a bad day now and then. I've met very few of the folks that peruse this forum but the ones I have met are friendly and decent. The few that I have met continue to drop by often after the first meeting and I'm always tickled to see them again.

If you find the time for a sit-down and a chat when you get to CR, PM me with a heads-up and I'll break away for a cup of coffee with you.

kandahar

Good luck Sir.All the best to you and the family for the future

===clip===

BEAUTIFUL!

cmjantje

Hearty congratulations. I'm 56 and hope it doesn't take till I'm 60 to find the Right One ™. ;-) Which leads me to respond to kandahar . . . who wrote:

I can see how you might misinterpret my somewhat awkward wording. Sad to say I've not met the Right One ™ and therefore am not married -- yet. But thanks for the good wishes. I'll keep them in the warming oven.

Kaoboi Bebopb, I did misinterpret your words. I was certain you were in for a very cold wedding in Canada on that same day. Sorry to hear you haven't met "the one". I'm hoping that happens soon for you.

I met my lifemate a little late in life. I was forty seven. I'm 52 now. She waited all those years to find me, I guess. Things have been perfect since that meeting, though.

I'm not sure if all of us here in CR are "that" friendly but most seem to be good people. You can read on the forum that most are decent and you can read on the forum that most have a bad day now and then. I've met very few of the folks that peruse this forum but the ones I have met are friendly and decent. The few that I have met continue to drop by often after the first meeting and I'm always tickled to see them again.

If you find the time for a sit-down and a chat when you get to CR, PM me with a heads-up and I'll break away for a cup of coffee with you.

kandahar

If you want to see the difference check out the Chiangmai forum... THEY are many times very unfriendly even hostile and rude.

A breath of fresh air this posting.

Congratulations Jan to you and your wife.

:)

Apologies to the OP for going off topic, but if we are all so nice and chummy here in the Rai, why didn't more people stop by to pay their respects to the happy couple and why don't we at least smile or say hello in BigC? Is it really that hard to be nice or at least civil in public? (Sorry, just had to get that off my chest.)

I'm not sure that all this talk of weddings is doing me any good.

The sceadugengan, although loyal and dedicated partners, tend to avoid the legalities if possible. :)

The sceadugengan, although loyal and dedicated partners, tend to avoid the legalities if possible. :D

You are excused, we all have our little idiosyncrasies. We were okay with the legalities but took a pass on the parties and ceremonies. To each their own. :)

The sceadugengan, although loyal and dedicated partners, tend to avoid the legalities if possible. :)

I can find myself in this post, but I wrote my story just to mention that there are other girls than money hunters in Thailand but also beautiful Thai women who are caring, not thinking working is dirty, know their place without being walked over and that there are communities in Thailand that really take care of eachother without using the word money!.

You don't need to be married to live together with your gemstone. In a small village like Sancharoen however everything is really old fashioned and people Look at the woman if she is just living together. Besides that.. it is really good to see how your fellow villagers react on that (also for your gemstone) important day.

But you Are right... it does not matter how you live together in happiness, married or not. I personally don't believe in a piece of paper to declare that you will live together for the rest of your life. Sometimes however the Governements (both in Thailand as well as in most other countries) think different about that.

Edited by cmjantje

Of course I can tell you about yesterday And today.

Yesterday was Beautiful. First we had the celebration of course and after that the party started. I was very glad to meet some of your TV members, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

The party ended around 9 in the evening.

About 150 people came, eated, drank, sung, danced... It was really heartwarming.

5 boxes of whiskey, 10 boxes of beer, one whole pig (was not enough, we had to order 10 kg more)... Everything was finished.

The people (the women) who worked all day, cooking things, serving the food and drinks, the karaoke.. really everything was perfect. If I say that I never had a party like this I lie, because I had it yesterday.

Today around 7 in the morning the men and women came back to clean everything and after that we had an afterparty.

BEAUTIFUL!

Of course I can tell you about yesterday And today.

Yesterday was Beautiful. First we had the celebration of course and after that the party started. I was very glad to meet some of your TV members, I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

The party ended around 9 in the evening.

About 150 people came, eated, drank, sung, danced... It was really heartwarming.

5 boxes of whiskey, 10 boxes of beer, one whole pig (was not enough, we had to order 10 kg more)... Everything was finished.

The people (the women) who worked all day, cooking things, serving the food and drinks, the karaoke.. really everything was perfect. If I say that I never had a party like this I lie, because I had it yesterday.

Today around 7 in the morning the men and women came back to clean everything and after that we had an afterparty.

BEAUTIFUL!

Looks like you are having a hard time figuring out how to post.