Tea Bags

johng

They have a special offer on Heladiv English Breakfast and Ceylon ( something or other ) tea bags

in Friendship at the moment.

100 baht for a box of 100 tea bags, these used to be 250 odd then reduced to 154 so good value now at 100 baht.

The Heladiv tea is pretty good..I didn't rate the ceylon brand though maybe even a bit worse than Lipton.

where can i buy these tea bags and is there a website for the seller

They are for sale at Friendship Super market South Pattaya Road.

Maybe they have them at a "Tops" supermarket there in Khon Kaen ???

www.heladiv.com

On the box it says imported by Piriyapul International email piriyapul ( at ) piriyapul.co.th

Tops supermarket now have their own brand of english breakfast tea bags, cost wise about 1.6 baht per bag.

Have been here a few years and had the usual problem of finding reasonably priced tea bags.After trying them i found them to be equally as good if not better than the English Typhoo, Brooke Bond etc.

Give them a try, you'll be suprised how good they are. mght save you scratching your head when you re desperate for that refreshing cuppa.

Cheers

Sorry, just re-read my post it sounded a bit harsh, wasn't meant in an offensive way. But when I start reading about the cost of indivdual teabags the phrase "get out more" kinda springs to mind...

But there again the very fact that i'm sitting here writing this post probably means I should get some fresh air as well...

:)

Rest assured you won't be getting a price for my teabags.

For those who do visit the U.K. once a year or so, it is quite easy to stock up on a year's supply of quality tea bags if you discard the cardboard packaging and retain the foil-fresh wrapping. I always opt for 'Yorkshire Tea Gold' or 'Yorkshire Tea Hard Water' and 'Twinings Breakfast' and also 'Aldi Special Selected English Tea'.

If stuck with Thailand Teabags I consider that 'Heladiv Pride of Ceylon' teabags are the best available. They are a bit weak, so for a pint-sized mug two bags are required for a nice refreshing mug of strong tea.

:)