Infinity Financial Investment

Forethat

A couple of weeks ago I was approached by a company called Infinity Investment. They offer pension- and other investment services for expats.

When I asked how they got my details, they gave some strange stuff about database updates bla bla blaha blaha.

The question is: how did they ACTUALLY get hold of my details? Does it have something to do with my recently subitted tax return?

do you own a business here? Is your phone number posted in conjunction with a classified ad? You listed in any directories? This is how I assume they get your details as I get a few calls weekly from these type of companies.

do you own a business here? Is your phone number posted in conjunction with a classified ad? You listed in any directories? This is how I assume they get your details as I get a few calls weekly from these type of companies.
Not owner of a business. No ads. No directories.

Where have you been any listing or information you provide to public or private organization is for sale

Where have you been any listing or information you provide to public or private organization is for sale

1. These operators have numerous sources of getting information and I've been told before that they use software to scan basically everything on the internet. You'll basically never know where they got your name, and you can't stop them.

2. Not sure how many expats know that this industry is basically unregulated in Thailand and many of their 'consultants' can't even spell the word investment, and they have no knowledge whatever of the taxation implications country by country etc., etc.

Perhaps 8 or 9 years ago I occupied the GM job of my old company (global giant) here in Bangkok, suddenly one day a mid twenties English girl, unkempt, poorly dressed, rubber thongs, opened the meeting room door and interupted an important all staff meeting, about 15 people.

She arrived without an appointment, just walked in and ignored the receptionist telling her she had to wait. She saw me through a glass wall and just barged in, talked over the top of me and basically demanded to know my personal finances situation then and there in front of all my staff.

When I quickly told her I didn't wish to speak with her, she then said "OK, then I'll read your palm and tell you your fortune for 50 pounds".

The receptionist got the building security to come quickly.

She was real pissed, but she never came back.

I always get calls after my work permit is renewed. Guess someone is selling my details.

....these governments officers, all big entrepeneurs! :)

Edit: spelling

Edited by surayu