Mekong River Runs Dry

webfact

Some nice waterfront property could be available at the right price. (Boat extra).

Hey!!! that's my house!

2,000,000 baht I paid for that. 'well designed contemporary studio style development combining traditional building methods with modern chic styling' It said in the brochure. The plans looked a bit different though, I'm sure once the materials 'settle' it will look just like the developer promised me, right?

The mooring fees are quite reasonable, and I get free malaria tablets if I make my monthly payments on time!

The water level appear to be up about a foot on last week. I saw about four Cargo (slow Boats) yesterday heading up river. One had passengers and the other appeared to be full of crates of Beer lao. So maybe i was illucinating :)

Locals are saying China letting the water through but they allways say that.

• 3 months later...

Someones definately getting some rain. The mekong seems to be as High as I've seen it.

no visible patches of dry earth bank. makes me wonder what all the fuss was about. Its amazing (to me anyway), the difference in Volume of water in just a couple of months.

Someones definately getting some rain. The mekong seems to be as High as I've seen it.

no visible patches of dry earth bank. makes me wonder what all the fuss was about. Its amazing (to me anyway), the difference in Volume of water in just a couple of months.

Its all that Beer Lao being poured into the river. :lol: