Cabbage Soup Diet

MisterMan

Hi I like to eat and not have restrictions. I am only a few pounds over weight and want to just lose like 2-3 kilos.

I heard about this cabbage soup diet..that heart surgery patients use for rapid weight loss.

Anyone try it? I am happy to eat vegetarian so it seems easy for me.

Here it is

he Cabbage Soup Diet

Day 1: Cabbage soup, plus any fruit (except bananas). Drink unsweetened tea, black coffee, cranberry juice and water.

Day 2: Cabbage soup, plus other vegetables (raw, boiled or steamed) and avoid dry beans, peas and corn. For dinner, eat a baked potato with butter.

Day 3: Cabbage soup, plus other fruits and vegetables.

Day 4: Cabbage soup, plus up to 8 bananas and fat-free milk.

Day 5: Cabbage soup, plus up to 6 tomatoes and up to 450 grams of meat or fish.

Day 6: Cabbage soup, plus meat and vegetables.

Day 7: Cabbage soup, plus brown rice, pure fruit juice and vegetables.

The Cabbage Soup Diet: Diet Review

The Cabbage Soup is an all-you-can-eat-cabbage-soup diet which claims that the more cabbage soup you eat, the more weight you’ll lose. The diet’s so-called fat burning soup contains negligible calories so you don’t have to worry about gaining weight. The Cabbage Soup Diet states that by adhering to the Cabbage Soup Diet for 7 days will result in immediate weight loss.

Years ago before applying for a job as a swimwear model I went on this diet to lost a few kg, i wanted to shed about 5kg fairly quickly, ended up losing more than that.

All the cabbage really got the farts going, as well :) .

All the cabbage really got the farts going, as well :) .

That was my first thought when I saw the thread title. Nothing like cabbage or Brussles sprouts to up the methane production rate. Baked beans are just an urban myth in the farts department.

by adhering to the Cabbage Soup Diet for 7 days will result in immediate weight loss.

To say nothing of your loss in social partners.

The diet, to me, looks very low in protein. Not good if you are exercising.

But other than that it's all healthy stuff.

How do u make this soup?

It's really tomato soup with cabbage and vegetables.

Cabbage Soup Recipe

• 6 large green onions
  • 2 green peppers
  • 1 or 2 cans of tomatoes (diced or whole)
  • 3 Carrots
  • 1 Container (10 oz. or so) Mushrooms
  • 1 bunch of celery
  • half a head of cabbage
  • 1 package Lipton onion soup mix
  • 1 or 2 cubes of bouillon (optional)
  • 1 48oz can V8 juice (optional)
  • Season to taste with salt, pepper, parsley, bay leaf, curry, garlic powder, etc.

Directions: Slice green onions, put in a pot and start to saute with cooking spray. Cut green pepper stem end off and cut in half, take the seeds and membrane out. Cut the green-pepper into bite size pieces and add to pot. Take the outer leafs layers off the cabbage, cut into bite size pieces, add to pot. Clean carrots, cut into bite size pieces, and add to pot. Slice mushrooms into thick slices, add to pot. If you would like a spicy soup, add a small amount of dried chili pepper (flake or ground). You can use beef or chicken bouillon cubes for seasonings. Use about 12 cups of water (or 8 cups and the V8 juice), cover and put heat on low. Let soup cook for a long time - two hours works well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Soup is a dieter's best friend. I find the rest of the diet is rather quirky. So, if you go on a strict low calorie, low fat diet, you can use this soup to keep you full. Note that the soup has tomatoes, so is not low carb. It's also quite high in sodium and salt.

Edited by zaphodbeeblebrox

How do u make this soup?

It's really tomato soup with cabbage and vegetables.

Cabbage Soup Recipe

• 6 large green onions
  • 2 green peppers
  • 1 or 2 cans of tomatoes (diced or whole)
  • 3 Carrots
  • 1 Container (10 oz. or so) Mushrooms
  • 1 bunch of celery
  • half a head of cabbage
  • 1 package Lipton onion soup mix
  • 1 or 2 cubes of bouillon (optional)
  • 1 48oz can V8 juice (optional)
  • Season to taste with salt, pepper, parsley, bay leaf, curry, garlic powder, etc.

Directions: Slice green onions, put in a pot and start to saute with cooking spray. Cut green pepper stem end off and cut in half, take the seeds and membrane out. Cut the green-pepper into bite size pieces and add to pot. Take the outer leafs layers off the cabbage, cut into bite size pieces, add to pot. Clean carrots, cut into bite size pieces, and add to pot. Slice mushrooms into thick slices, add to pot. If you would like a spicy soup, add a small amount of dried chili pepper (flake or ground). You can use beef or chicken bouillon cubes for seasonings. Use about 12 cups of water (or 8 cups and the V8 juice), cover and put heat on low. Let soup cook for a long time - two hours works well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Soup is a dieter's best friend. I find the rest of the diet is rather quirky. So, if you go on a strict low calorie, low fat diet, you can use this soup to keep you full. Note that the soup has tomatoes, so is not low carb. It's also quite high in sodium and salt.

This is The Sacred Heart Memorial Hospital Diet, used to drastically reduce the weight of heart patients before an op. The list below is correct except it does not have cabbage in it, just leave that out or you will become a wind chime.

You will loose about 5 to 7 kg a week, and should not stay on the diet for more than 2 consecutive weeks. If you need to diet for longer you have to go off it for a week and then back on again.

Problem with the diet is it is a pain to make the soup, so one tends to make a big batch, which will turn rancid is a day or two. I have substituted that soup for any other watery soup, no cream preferably "see through" which works as well, the reason being the function of the diet is in the combinations of the other things you are allowed to have and the order in which you are allowed to have them.

Diet works well, but if you go back to your old habits afterwards you will put the weight back on, so to keep the fat off you have to behave afterwards.

When I was in Hospital in the UK,Bedridden with two broken legs,I WAS Over weight and they put me on a "Double O " Diet,Can eat MOST Things Grilled,Steamed or Boiled,But drink a Large Glass of UNSWEETENED Grapefruit Juice Before EVERY Meal ( You MUST Eat 3 Meals per day ) 10 Months Later I had LOST 100 Ilbs.......7 Stone......

Edited by 747man

Anyone try it? I am happy to eat vegetarian so it seems easy for me.

I tried it years back and couldn't make it all the way through. I had a mild dislike for cabbage before I started. After, I hated it.

If you can't stand the smell of cabbage, you won't like this soup because it stinks up your house. You also burp the cabbage smell... and as mentioned, the other.

So, do I recommend this diet?

:)

I've used this diet on a number of occasions and it is effective for rapid weight loss if followed closely. You have to shop for it and prepare in large batches with the associated inconvenience...but, if yer serious about losing weight...

the diet is not sustainable on it's own to maintain weight loss...yew gotta stick to low fat stuff and regular exercise afterwards...

being trim an' healthy is a pain in the ass if you ask me...but there are some benefits like having more energy and feeling lighter on yer feet, etc...I'm gonna be over 60 and dead soon, much better to be remembered as a kindly fat bastard...