Chiang Mai Expat Headed For Koh Chang

Dustoff

~

After nine years here, I am finally headed down to explore/enjoy Chang Island.

A visiting friend from the States and I are looking for something mid-budget since it looks like we will be there for a couple of weeks. We can afford to avoid infested backpacker rooms and would like to be somewhere near Kai Bae since I am also going there to do some microlight flying out of the Khlong Prao Beach area. A bit remote is fine but my friend seems to want to be at the beach and have the mid-grade nightlife not TOO far away..

Anyway, we are peaceful, looking to explore a new place for both of us, want recommendations from local expats who go there and love Koh Chang...

Adventure rules...

Dustoff

(I think someone should move the post into the Eastern Thailand Forum, you'd get more replies there.)

How much do you want to spend per night? There are some nice bungalow resorts by the sea in Kai Bae - KB Resort, Kai Bae Beach Resort, Siam Bay Resort etc.

Or if you just want a good value AC room then you'll find them from about 500 baht up now only a few minutes walk to the beach and also plenty of bars & restaurants. Example below:

post-56770-1267403970_thumb.jpg

For the microlights you need to go to see Nimit, the pilot, he is usually at the BB Gun Range in Klong Prao - 100m north of the temple - if he isn't at the airstrip.

Dustoff, While you are there, try to take in the 4 Island Snorkeling tour. At 500 baht, it was an incredible value, and it was the highlight of the trip for us mid March last year. Dog gone I wish we were going again this year; We really enjoyed it there.

~

Thanks so much!

A move to the Eastern forum would be cool but I don't know how to do it without creating a new thread there. Moderator?

I am calling KB Resort and Siam Bay very soon and am open to other suggestions.

My wife and I have both flown with Nimit in the past and just talked to him yesterday on the phone. I am a long-time helicopter pilot and looking to get checked out then rent his microlight to fly solo. I am also in the market, kinda, to purchase my own. This journey to Chang is a continuation of my checking out islands where I would be willing to have a place and my own aircraft.

The 4-island tour sounds like something we would like to do, or more likely we will see if there are accomodations on the other islands and explore them more thoroughly as well.

Dustoff