• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for puting this in the joke section, because that's what these things are: a joke, and a bad one at that. Why did God give humans two legs? To walk. Lets become even fatter and more listless than ever. Lets let a machine walk for us. :o

looks like an Air Force Physical Fitness Test! :D

yup, those guys ride bicycles for PT

they are actually changing it now, now they do a 1.5 mile run with no apparent time limit :o

I was still on active duty when they switched from the 1.5 mile run to the bike. I really thought it was a joke. Of course, I was racing bicyles at the time and training up to 200 miles a week! I think my max time allowed on the 1.5 mile run was something like 14:30--I did a two mile warm-up faster than that!! :D

they are actually changing it now, now they do a 1.5 mile run with no apparent time limit :D

I was still on active duty when they switched from the 1.5 mile run to the bike. I really thought it was a joke. Of course, I was racing bicyles at the time and training up to 200 miles a week! I think my max time allowed on the 1.5 mile run was something like 14:30--I did a two mile warm-up faster than that!! :D

And you gents expect to win wars with puds in shape like that. :D:D Not much up against a pumped up Jihad desert fighter whose family has been annihilated by

a bunch of chimps in a humvee. :o:D This is the jokes section, right?

Edited by mbkudu

they are actually changing it now, now they do a 1.5 mile run with no apparent time limit :D

And you gents expect to win wars with puds in shape like that. :D:D Not much up against a pumped up Jihad desert fighter whose family has been annihilated by

a bunch of chimps in a humvee. :o:D This is the jokes section, right?

probably why the airforce as a whole hasnt seen to much (if any) ground action. Mostly Army and MARINES

At least they are standing up. I want a stool on mine! and arm rests, and a pretty nurse to push it.

Don't forget the umbrella :o

Yeah, as soon as it said that it needed two hands to operate, I immediately saw a limit to the potential fun factor, with a need for some redesign :D

The mission of the Segway Human Transporter is to replace 80% of the car trips in cities. Those short trips that are too far to walk convienently.

The battery powered Segway Human Transporter runs for 20 kilometers on a single 2 bht charge, requires no maintenence, is silent, non polluting and does not fall over. The safest form of two wheel transport ever designed.

Unlike a bicycle, it does not need to be moving to remain stable.

The Segway was developed by famous inventor, Dean Kamen, over a 10 year period, at a cost of over $170,000,000 in a secret lab in New Hampshire USA.

75 man-years have been poured into the elegant design.

The same investment group financed Google, Amazon.com, SUN Micro-systems and more. These investors predict the Segway Technology will change the way people move about in our congested cities in the near future.

There are 5 gyroscopes, 10 microprocessors and an array of high tech sensors controlling the Segway movements. No brakes or accelerator. Just think foward and it goes foward. Just think back and it goes back. Simple.

It even recharges it's own batteries during braking or going downhill.

The current cost of a Segway in Thailand is about 339,000 BHT.

80% of the cars clogging Bangkoks streets are traveling an average of 5kph, have 1 passenger and going about 12 blocks.

Why do people take all these car trips?

Too far to walk and they did not have an option to take a PEV.

PEVs, Personal Electric Vehicles are the next big thing in transportation.

I'd be pleased to welcome Thai Visa members to stop by my office, in the lobby of the Woraburi Hotel for a close up look at the technology and go for a free spin!

Thailand Segway Tours . Com offers 90 minute Segway Sightseeing Rides, every day at 9AM and 5Pm at the end of Soi Nana 4.

Jeff Jarvis

------------------URL deleted, NO COMMERCIAL URLs ALLOWED!

Pictures here:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/youngjarvis/...arvis/my_photos

Edited by penzman

PEVs, Personal Electric Vehicles are the next big thing in transportation

ever heard of sir clive sinclair and his C5 personal electric vehicle in 1980??

your segway thing is a neat and clever gimmick , thats all. a kids toy .

it will never ever take the place of the car or motorcycle , for one reason and one reason only.

it makes the people who ride them look bl00dy daft.

not a good reason i grant you , but reason enough to dissuade 99% of people to stay away.

it will never ever take the place of the car or motorcycle , for one reason and one reason only.

not a good reason i grant you , but reason enough to dissuade 99% of people to stay away.

Clive Sinclair was ahead of his time, agreed?

A kids toy?

Obviously, you don't have any experience with this equipment.

Cars and motorcycles are the future? I guess we will see.

I think your comment about looking daft is rude. Are you from England by any chance?

Think foward.

Clive Sinclair was ahead of his time, agreed?

A kids toy?

Obviously, you don't have any experience with this equipment.

Cars and motorcycles are the future? I guess we will see.

I think your comment about looking daft is rude. Are you from England by any chance?

Think foward.

Swimming against the tide with pride! :o

Edited by Insight

Glad to be swimming against the tide, especially a tide of automobiles stuck in traffic. :o

I like to defend the technology but a few comments from folks that have no idea what their talking about doesn't bother me. I imagine the investors have a few more intact braincells than a couple people making remarks on a Thai Message Board.

The "Segway Guy" is an easy target.

Being involved with a company that focuses on alternative forms of transportation is exciting to me.

New battery technology is finally making it possible to consider abandoning combustion engines.

SegwayLLC has some new products coming out that are as revolutionary as the Self-Balancing Segway.

Since 80% of cars have 1 passenger it makes sense to use smaller lighter "greener" PEVs.

Come on down to my place and I'll be happy to let you test ride where nobody will see you.

Wouldn't use it to ride around town for obvious safety reasons.... but it could be useful within some of the better neighborhoods (with good sidewalks) and for those for with homes that are far from the streetside (for checking mail/receiving packages and such).

:o

The mission of the Segway Human Transporter is to replace 80% of the car trips in cities. Those short trips that are too far to walk convienently.

The battery powered Segway Human Transporter runs for 20 kilometers on a single 2 bht charge, requires no maintenence, is silent, non polluting and does not fall over. The safest form of two wheel transport ever designed.

Unlike a bicycle, it does not need to be moving to remain stable.

The Segway was developed by famous inventor, Dean Kamen, over a 10 year period, at a cost of over $170,000,000 in a secret lab in New Hampshire USA.

75 man-years have been poured into the elegant design.

The same investment group financed Google, Amazon.com, SUN Micro-systems and more. These investors predict the Segway Technology will change the way people move about in our congested cities in the near future.

There are 5 gyroscopes, 10 microprocessors and an array of high tech sensors controlling the Segway movements. No brakes or accelerator. Just think foward and it goes foward. Just think back and it goes back. Simple.

It even recharges it's own batteries during braking or going downhill.

80% of the cars clogging Bangkoks streets are traveling an average of 5kph, have 1 passenger and going about 12 blocks.

Why do people take all these car trips?

Too far to walk and they did not have an option to take a PEV.

PEVs, Personal Electric Vehicles are  the next big thing in transportation.

I'd be pleased to welcome Thai Visa members to stop by my office, in the lobby of the Woraburi Hotel for a close up look at the technology and go for a free spin!

Thailand Segway Tours . Com offers 90 minute Segway Sightseeing Rides, every day at 9AM and 5Pm at the end of Soi Nana 4.

Jeff Jarvis

Pictures here:

segsuck2.jpg

I imagine the investors have a few more intact braincells than a couple people making remarks on a Thai Message Board.

The "Segway Guy" is an easy target.

You have no idea how many intact brain cells that I have, and to assume that I have "not many" just because as a consumer I express my opinion regarding your product is offensive.

The battery powered Segway Human Transporter runs for 20 kilometers on a single 2 bht charge, requires no maintenence, is silent, non polluting and does not fall over.

Jeff Jarvis

Pictures here:

nice "segway" from the jokes section to the classified ads section.... :o:D

Err where is the air con? To ride around Bangkok on a plastic lawn mower looking thing instead of sitting comfy in air con car is pretty unlikely. If there are going to be aiming at the Thai market shouldnt they at least invest in 5 minutes market research? Thais ain't going to get out of the air con and risk getting dark skin to move a few km an hour faster. And if you want speed through traffic then a motor bike is by far the quickest way. :o

oh as an after thought did i read correctly that 75 man years of time went into the elegant design? We used to have a push mower that looks just like it 30 years ago, jees how to waste 75 yrs of time.

Te audire no possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Maybe you guys should check out the Southpark spoof episode about the Segway.

In the episode, they called it, it. It (the episode) was extremely hilarious.

The episode was in Season 5

The Entity (aired November 21, 2001): “Garrison gets fed up with long lines, delayed flights and the airline industry in general and invents his own transportation device. Anticipation for the new closely guarded secret contrivance has built to a frenzy. Meanwhile, Kyle’s cousin ‘Kyle’ visits South Park from New York City. Kyle realizes he’ll have to bribe Cartman not to make fun of the new kid.”

“Entity” makes fun of the Segway - an insanely lame invention, given all its hype - but the spoof seems misplaced. After all, Garrison’s “It” actually is something unusual and useful. “It” derives its laughs from the physical methods required to operate it, which makes the show tacky. At least the bits with New York Kyle are good, as he turns out to be one of the most amusingly annoying characters to come along in a while.

Source = http://dvdmg.com/southparkseason5.shtml