They painted it the same color as the stealth bomber.

Hundreds of man years, it's invisible and worth billions.

Is it invisible so that your mates don't see you on it?

Only problem is that the cars that knock you arse-over-head wont see you either.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 Instead of an ignition key, the Quark uses a "removable interactive interface," which is a PDA-style device that plugs into the chassis to provide rider ID authentication. It also serves as an information panel.

The Segway has a similar key called an I Button, 64bit encrypted.

2 Normally, fuel cells require bulky water-cooling systems, but the Quark is air-cooled, reducing overall size and keeping the system from freezing in low temperatures.

Segway unveiled the fuel cell SegwayTransporter last year.

3 The 9-liter hydrogen tank can be pressurized to 10,150 psi, giving the Quark a range of up to 80 miles. The tank is designed to be popped out when empty and swapped with a full one.

The Segway has a range of 25 miles with the latest batteries, requires zero service, can fit thru a doorway, park next to your desk and recharge for 2baht.

I can't tell you what 9liters of hydriogen cost.

4 Each 17-in. wheel is fitted with an electric motor that produces 74 lb.-ft. of torque. These motors also can be used for regenerative braking.

The Segway motors are the smallest, most powerfull motors ever put into production. They have a neodynium, floating rotor, have redundtant windings for safety. Similar to motors used by NASA on spaceships. Expensive.

Regenerative braking recharges the batteries.

Edited by Jeff Jarvis

:D

Ex-cue-ss me. :D

Are these things legal on the roads of Thailand BTW. :D

Re: the Quark or Quarts they are NOT and Kan not be registered as a vehicle in this country on public roads. Same as a golf carts (cheaper that your little thing and seating 4 + bags as well (Kan not be registered)). Pity, really as I would love to have one just running around Kan. :o

Like your trip, but only @ 9 am and the next is @ 5 pm. Kwai, is this because of all the customers are @ your door itching to get their hands on one of these little beasts ? :D

Instead of your 90 mins tour, how about this one ? :D

Should only take a couple of ticks me think. :D

1. Start from your site Soi 4 Nana.

2. As you mentioned in a previous post, lets go to Soi 5 as at 9 am I feel like breakfast. Lets try Foodland.

3. Next, lets go to see a friend on mine at Bungungrad Hospital (spell me not to good :D ) Soi .3

4. After that back to your site on Soi 4, Nana. So how about that then J.J. :D

P.S. Thailand Forum > Community Forums > Jokes - puzzles and riddles - make my day!

And you did to :D make my day!

Wow... Just read the five pages that have accumulated on this thread and I feel a bit shattered.... Every emotional experience has gone through my head, from the inevitable ROTFLMAO to vehement agreement and disagreement... Practically orgasmic seeing the peugot quark thingy... Man, this thread is better than sex!

Jeff Jarvis, All due respect to you man, for supporting your belief, work, and presumably passion. Nobody can take that away from you. That you then choose to take on the tv.com members AND in the jokes section at that... Kudo´s.

Peder, ROTFLMAO.... You done good young padawan.

I do agree with the majority though... Wouldn't be seen dead on one, nor can I think of anybody I know who would.

Jeff´s arguments for the PEV are sound... Ecological, congestion, etc... for sure... The only thing going against you is the fact that IT just looks, well... boatabike said it best... Like one of those hand held lawnmowers from the fifties. (BTW boatabike, the dalek analogy..."er..invasion cancelled" Priceless!!! :D )

I agree (Again, I think boatabike said it...) Time for Segway Mark2

and a nice little revamp of the actual product name might be a good idea.

Lastly, though, one more big brownie points to Jeff for the proposed plan, detailling the route and the "PUTTING IT THROUGH ITS PACES".

I would have taken up the offer if I were still in thailand.

Right now, though, I´m off to the Peugot Showroom in Guatemala city to put the quark through it´s paces... LOL.

:o:D

Edited by kayo

Tough crowd :D

Try taking a car from Soi 4 to Soi 5 sometime. :D

Sitting in a car in traffic with a huge red hot engine spewing toxic fumes looks trendy I suppose.

800 hits, wow!

the logic on your Soi 4 to Soi 5 comment escapes me. To whom would it 'look trendy' - you're implying that some bystander on the street would glance at a random car and think:

"my gosh, would you look at that chap in that car with the huge red engine spewing toxic fumes stuck in traffic? Obviously he's only driving from Soi 4 to Soi 5 - you think he might have been trendy and used a Segway.."

tough crowd? If you want to say something about your gadget, try and not gloat about how many hits you're getting on your website, ease up on your gratuitous advertising, and stop the sarcastic responses to your fellow TV posters.

In fact - before the mods stop the thread because of the blatant spamming (product placement, whatever) - why don't you cease posting and let everyone else continue the humourous debate as it started? Maybe that could be a condition of allowing the thread to continue :o they won't lock it, but you can't keep regurgitating verses from The Book of Segway

my 2 baht worth

:Instead of your 90 mins tour, how about this one ?

Should only take a couple of ticks me think.

1. Start from your site Soi 4 Nana.

2. As you mentioned in a previous post, lets go to Soi 5 as at 9 am I feel like breakfast. Lets try Foodland.

3. Next, lets go to see a friend on mine at Bungungrad Hospital (spell me not to good ) Soi .3

4. After that back to your site on Soi 4, Nana. So how about that then J.J."

Doing this route in a car would prove my point! :o

I'll go for that but rather you treat me to the buffet at Amari...