Parking Fine, While I Was Not There. Some Advice Please

kuffki

Hello boys and girls.

Just need your advice if anyone had same experience.

I was fined for parking in the wrong place ( i guess)

I was not on the bike, when i returned i found the notice in my helmet on the bike.

Bike was not locked or anything else.

My question is should i be paying this fine?

How would they connect me to the bike or find me?

What happens if i do not pay?

the only reason why i am asking and really do not want to pay is because out of 20 bikes being parked there i seemed to be the only one with the notice.

All other bikes were older models Honda Waves, while mine is brand new Honda PCX(for those who do not know, its double and price and i never yet seen a Thai on it) hence i am assuming cop left a notice knowing its a foreigner driver.

So anyone with experience, please fire away

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forget about it...your all good as they have no computer tracking system hence they take your license as ransom when they do get you.

I would also keep the ticket and produce it everytime you get pulled and say hey i already got booked ...give me a break...works a charm for me , you have 10 days grace at least maybe 14 not sure.

Forget about it...your all good as they have no computer tracking system hence they take your license as ransom when they do get you.

I would also keep the ticket and produce it everytime you get pulled and say hey i already got booked ...give me a break...works a charm for me , you have 10 days grace at least maybe 14 not sure.

Well thats what i thought and knew, but where i am little confused is, why then bother to write the ticket knowing that the person will never pay?

Or did the cop think, i could be a tourist and run to the cop station?

Just trying to make sure they have not come up with some new scam to then extort me for triple the amount for failing to pay

Well thats what i thought and knew, but where i am little confused is, why then bother to write the ticket knowing that the person will never pay?

Just trying to make sure they have not come up with some new scam to then extort me for triple the amount for failing to pay

Never looked that deep into the thinking of myself ..could be a numbers thing...who cares!

Never looked that deep into the thinking of myself ..could be a numbers thing...who cares!

LOL, i love your thinking :)

How much is it, I bet it's less then 200 Baht. If they find out you try to skip paying a police ticket you can get serious jail term, 30 days and maybe more. This is you say on the right moments you want to pay, all documents are in Thai... So maybe you sign you not want to pay and will go to court... can take up to 6-mounts even more.

So much problems for just 200 Baht, just over 4 Euro... 6 US Dollars...

How much is it, I bet it's less then 200 Baht. If they find out you try to skip paying a police ticket you can get serious jail term, 30 days and maybe more. This is you say on the right moments you want to pay, all documents are in Thai... So maybe you sign you not want to pay and will go to court... can take up to 6-mounts even more.

So much problems for just 200 Baht, just over 4 Euro... 6 US Dollars...

I do not know about BKK, but in Pattaya they never put the amount on the ticket.so i do not know how much.

In the police station they have the table and prices and all are 400 baht, yet every time i had to pay for say running the red light(even though it was green) once in the cop station-500 baht.

So i have no doubt its 500 baht.

Anyhow, i was asking people with experience in this kind of things(being fined while not on the bike or anywhere near it and just to find the fine inserted into your helmet) not hypothetical situations.

They do not have computers to know which bike is registered to whom, it is windy and fine could easily be blown away, they did not send it to my home address, not did they take my license number or even seen me. So i really do not understand the reason for bothering to write the fine

Illegally parking your motorcycle is by Thai law 200 Baht, so I cannot understand the 500 Baht. The 500 Baht doesn't match any violation you can do with a parked motorcycle.

LOL, you talking about Thai Law???

in what country in the world can you drive without the license, be fined and allowed again to drive. and this can be done every single day for the rest of your life.

500 what they charge for no helmet, no license, no green book, no pink book, going the wrong way, motorcycle too loud, motorcycle not loud enough, running red light, running no light, and i can go on and on and on

Illegally parking your motorcycle is by Thai law 200 Baht, so I cannot understand the 500 Baht. The 500 Baht doesn't match any violation you can do with a parked motorcycle.

LOL, you talking about Thai Law???

in what country in the world can you drive without the license, be fined and allowed again to drive. and this can be done every single day for the rest of your life.

500 what they charge for no helmet, no license, no green book, no pink book, going the wrong way, motorcycle too loud, motorcycle not loud enough, running red light, running no light, and i can go on and on and on

Well, I've never had a parking ticket, per-se, but a Suzuki of mine spent a couple of months in the holding yard in 2548 (2005) and it cost my friend 2,000 to extract it - a 6,000 baht bike. (I gifted him the bike and paid half the holding fee when I got back the next year, so that was why he had to pay to get it out). If it's only a couple of hundred, just get it over with and put it down to experience.

If you feel safe, do not pay. But be not surprised that they will someday will confiscate your motorcycle and let you appear in court. Do not forget that when you get back your motorcycle from the justice department its nearly worthless... As outside parking in the weather will take its toll...

Don't ever let me hear farangs complaining about corruption in Thailand again. Show the right spirit. You got a fine. Pay up. Will it break the bank? The comments on this thread are from people no better than the Thai people they castigate for not being law abiding. Show the right spirit, perhaps they will learn something from our good example.

P&M

Don't ever let me hear farangs complaining about corruption in Thailand again. Show the right spirit. You got a fine. Pay up. Will it break the bank? The comments on this thread are from people no better than the Thai people they castigate for not being law abiding. Show the right spirit, perhaps they will learn something from our good example.

P&M

I prefer not to comment on this one. But thank god yet another one joined the forum

The farang boasting he is the only one with a TWICE as expensive scooter that no Thai would have, looking to duck out of a parking ticket.

If you are rich enough to have something TWICE as expensive as any Thai, then you should not be on here posting how to get out of a simple ticket

If I had the most expensive scooter and was looking to duck 200 or 500 baht, I would be ashamed to tell anyone

Expensive does draw attention in Thailand and since you are were parked illegally, stop worrying about the 20 other poor Thais and pay up for own wrong doing

The farang boasting he is the only one with a TWICE as expensive scooter that no Thai would have, looking to duck out of a parking ticket.

If you are rich enough to have something TWICE as expensive as any Thai, then you should not be on here posting how to get out of a simple ticket

If I had the most expensive scooter and was looking to duck 200 or 500 baht, I would be ashamed to tell anyone

Expensive does draw attention in Thailand and since you are were parked illegally, stop worrying about the 20 other poor Thais and pay up for own wrong doing

Idiot would be the wrong word to call you!

Unless you have related information from experience, please save your idiotic posts for other threads

Idiot would be the wrong word to call you!

Unless you have related information from experience, please save your idiotic posts for other threads

The words kettle and black spring to mind

Had to pay my truck taxes in December. Went in to pay, was told that I had an outstanding ticket for double-parking, and they would not register the truck until the fine was paid. Ok...so I go to the police (in the town 75km away) and ask about it. Yup, they've got my registration correct...but I could prove I wasn't anywhere near the town that day. Oh...happens all the time, the cop at the desk said. And he wrote out a waiver, gave me a copy for the tax people, end of story. So it would seem the computers are connected.

Oh, the fine was 400 baht, which I would have paid if they refused to waive it...it's just such a small amount of money in $$ terms, but I wanted to see what they would say first. The 150km trip was what ticked me off, waste of an afternoon.

Had to pay my truck taxes in December. Went in to pay, was told that I had an outstanding ticket for double-parking, and they would not register the truck until the fine was paid. Ok...so I go to the police (in the town 75km away) and ask about it. Yup, they've got my registration correct...but I could prove I wasn't anywhere near the town that day. Oh...happens all the time, the cop at the desk said. And he wrote out a waiver, gave me a copy for the tax people, end of story. So it would seem the computers are connected.

Oh, the fine was 400 baht, which I would have paid if they refused to waive it...it's just such a small amount of money in $ terms, but I wanted to see what they would say first. The 150km trip was what ticked me off, waste of an afternoon.

Got ya, so they get you when you go to re-register-thank you