Parking Fine, While I Was Not There. Some Advice Please

kuffki

You park wrong.

You got a fine.

You PAY.

Simple Hm ???

Another Brainac!!!!

I guess words like "please advice from your experience" have very little meaning to you? or you just failed to read?

Will presume you have difficulties reading!!!

I never said i parked wrong or illegally! Post clearly says ticket was for being parked wrong(i guess)

Now if i was, would not other bikes be also booked??? Yes they would. Or if i was parked illegally bike would of been impounded?Yes

Since other bikes were not booked and mine as not impounded means i was not parked illegally and it is another extortion by the passing by cop.

How is that for simple Hmmmm????? Would you need another explanation before you could actually contribute whats been asked rather then posting just to gain posts in your aviator?

Edited by kuffki

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The farang boasting he is the only one with a TWICE as expensive scooter that no Thai would have, looking to duck out of a parking ticket.

If you are rich enough to have something TWICE as expensive as any Thai, then you should not be on here posting how to get out of a simple ticket

If I had the most expensive scooter and was looking to duck 200 or 500 baht, I would be ashamed to tell anyone

Expensive does draw attention in Thailand and since you are were parked illegally, stop worrying about the 20 other poor Thais and pay up for own wrong doing

Idiot would be the wrong word to call you!

Unless you have related information from experience, please save your idiotic posts for other threads

The words kettle and black spring to mind

And Pot

:)

You park wrong.

You got a fine.

You PAY.

Simple Hm ???

Another Brainac!!!!

I guess words like "please advice from your experience" have very little meaning to you? or you just failed to read?

I never said i parked wrong or illegally! Post clearly says ticket was for being parked wrong(i guess)

Now if i was, would not other bikes be also booked??? Yes they would. Or if i was parked illegally bike would of been impounded?Yes

Since other bikes were not booked and mine as not impounded means i was not parked illegally and it is another extortion by the passing by cop.

How is that for simple Hmmmm????? Would you need another explanation before you could actually contribute whats been asked rather then posting just to gain posts in your aviator?

I noticed that you seem to start calling names as soon as someone says just PAY.

We are talking 200 Baht here??

If you get a ticket, it is official, not underhand extortion.

It doesn't matter if others didn't get a ticket, or that nothing was impounded.

YOU got a ticket, YOU pay.

I hope you will show the same attitude at the police station as you do here, start calling them names, see what happens.

Good luck to you.

You park wrong.

You got a fine.

You PAY.

Simple Hm ???

Another Brainac!!!!

I noticed that you seem to start calling names as soon as someone says just PAY.

I hope you will show the same attitude at the police station as you do here, start calling them names, see what happens.

Good luck to you.

Now i am convinced you can not read. At least 4 posts stating 400-500 yet again one "smart" one writes 200.

And yet again to build more posts that same "smart" one with no experience but time to waste posts again

Thank you to 2 posters who actually read the posting and CONTRIBUTED FROM THEIR EXPERIENCE not from the never ever land like some "smart" ones have!

PS. Anyone writing this in Thailand from Thailand definatly not only not worth listening to but 100% needs medical help "If you get a ticket, it is official, not underhand extortion."

You park wrong.

You got a fine.

You PAY.

Simple Hm ???

Another Brainac!!!!

Good luck to you.

I second that.

You park wrong.

You got a fine.

You PAY.

Simple Hm ???

Another Brainac!!!!

Good luck to you.

I second that.

you trying to catch up on posts? or come from the same family?

Just really having hard time seeing how your 3 words actually relate to the actual posting or experience

PS. Rest assured, unlike you i do not have a problem to stand up for my rights and calling policeman a brainiac would not be an issue.

Tskk Tskkk, really getting al worked up her for parking wrong are we?? 200-500 whatever, just PAY.

YOU got the ticket.

Tell me the time you will go to the police station, I will enjoy that show... I am sure I can see you walking in, but not sure about seeing you walking out the same day.

Come on, be a hero and show them your attitude !! Tell them off, tell them that they are just a bunch of... well whatever.

And when it is all over come back here and lets us all know what it was like and how you really really told them..... :)

Tskk Tskkk, really getting al worked up her for parking wrong are we?? 200-500 whatever, just PAY.

YOU got the ticket.

Tell me the time you will go to the police station, I will enjoy that show... I am sure I can see you walking in, but not sure about seeing you walking out the same day.

Come on, be a hero and show them your attitude !! Tell them off, tell them that they are just a bunch of... well whatever.

And when it is all over come back here and lets us all know what it was like and how you really really told them..... :)

and yet again, nothing relating to the actual post but time to waste! Are there no other threats that interest you? or all others have already shut you up?

Have a few drinks before you go to the station, it will be even more easy to show your attitude, and... you will not have a drink for some time.

What you just want to hear of course is just: don't pay, and a way to get around it.

Well I am sorry, you ain't going to hear that from me.

You got a ticket

YOU pay.

Easy Hmm??

What time will you go to tell the cops of??

Have a few drinks before you go to the station, it will be even more easy to show your attitude, and... you will not have a drink for some time.

What you just want to hear of course is just: don't pay, and a way to get around it.

Well I am sorry, you ain't going to hear that from me.

You got a ticket

YOU pay.

Easy Hmm??

What time will you go to tell the cops of??

Still at it?!!! Try to develop other hobbies then sitting on the computer!

Since your statement that Thailand Police is not corrupt or anything alike and would never extort from your statement "If you get a ticket, it is official, not underhand extortion."

Surely nothing would happen and if anything fine would be waived because Thailand Police are not corrupt at all!

Are you sure you are not one of the police volunteers? that look like the pic below

post-67746-1267545552_thumb.jpg

Oh dear oh dear, now you are all getting worked up aren't you.

Telling things others never said is not a very nice thing to do, please remember, otherwise I am sure some day you will get a ticket for that too.

Now be a good boy, or better just try to be a man, and pay the measly fine, just get it over and done with.

Again... good luck!!!

However it is nice to be nice, so i am going to explain this to you for the last time and then just ignore you if it is still hard for you to comprehend.

When you get pulled over by the police and they issue you a ticket for what ever non extortion reason they have, they always either take the key to the bike or licence or the whole bike and will not give any of it back until fine is paid and you return with the receipt.

This means that they do not have a system to follow up on tickets or anything like that.

Police computer is not connected to vehicle registration computer, because if it was, they would not have to do all this.

Just last year, in Bangkok they installed red light camera's which caught from memory over 2000 people, yet police had no way to issue or collect tickets/fines.

There is no points system in Thailand, which means you can break any traffic law as much as you like with no consequences but a fine.

Hence why you have people driving without license all their life and are repeat offenders with no serious consequences.

Now the matter in question is not the ticket, the matter in question is how are they planning to act on it if i do not pay and why bother issuing it when there are no guarantees it will be paid?

Its also another reason why police would never give a chase or bother with cars or bikes who run the red light, because getting the number plate does not give them anything.

This is also why when they do random checks they always stand in the middle of the road, because people simply do not stop and police have no way of catching them.

I have lived here for long enough to see and hear many things, but have never seen or heard of anything like that.

When bikes are parked illegally they are impounded and towed, this is a much better option for the police because then not only they get the parking fine but the impound fee also.

Since none of the above happened, it is very strange.Hence the posting asking people if anyone had the same experience and paid or did not pay.

One member advised just to forget it as it means nothing from his experience of the same, other member advised that he was hit up for it when trying to register the car from his experience.

You have contributed nothing but some crap about crap, may be from your experience.

So do me a favor, unless you have had a similar experience please do not waste my time and other peoples times who might be interested in this. Keep your nobel Thai preaching for another audience who knows less

And just to add little more.

Any fines issued by the police in Pattaya, legally or illegally- all must be paid at the station not to the policeman. This was changed just about 14 months ago.

This way the entire station gets to share the money.

This way of doing business really does not mean that tickets issued are legit for legit reasons, it just means that they need to issue more tickets because more people will get to share the pot.

OK, you explained.

But you still got a ticket, and judging by your explanation in Thailand vehicles cannot be found by numberplate's only, but you are not really sure either.

Neither am I. Registration does take place, and tracing by the number too.

Also registration take place for road tax-- insurance- finance company`s and others. They are another way to get hold of a driver.

Now in the case of a parking ticket, they will not go through a lot of trouble, but in the case of a mayor accident or whatever like it, they nail the driver by the registration only. Enough examples if you just read the papers.

Let me finish my side of this conversation by quoting a wise Thai woman I know....." It is up to you" .

Again, good luck

How much is it, I bet it's less then 200 Baht. If they find out you try to skip paying a police ticket you can get serious jail term, 30 days and maybe more. This is you say on the right moments you want to pay, all documents are in Thai... So maybe you sign you not want to pay and will go to court... can take up to 6-mounts even more.

So much problems for just 200 Baht, just over 4 Euro... 6 US Dollars...

Are you sure about that jail term? If it is true how come there are any Thai drivers left on the road? Or is it just one of those Farang laws? I got a parking ticket near Tha Pae gate on Sunday. (market day) They put up temporary no parking signs around mid afternoon. I had a Thai girlfriend at the time (different story), who said "no problem, we go to police station and pay maybe 50 Baht". Despite all the smiles back and forth, I paid the stated 400 Baht.

I seriously doubt anyone serves jail time for a traffic ticket, not even Farangs. However if you have experience to the contrary, I would love to hear it.

Well before this thread is closed from all the BS, I'll share.

I used to park my scooter on the sidewalk in front of the Phra Ram 9 MRT since there were always 10 other bikes there and I look Asian.

I probably did this 20 times, but it finally caught up with me last month when I left it there for 7 hours.

I came back and mine looked to be the only bike ticketed of over a dozen bikes.

Of course they didn't write the amount of the fine or even where to pay it.

Since I thought the violation was in DinDaeng, I went to that police station but I was sent to the Huai Kwang district station and I was charged 200 baht.

I acted ignorant and asked why my bike was the only one with a ticket.

They smiled and had no answer.

Funnier was the big 500cc scooter parked on the sidewalk in front of the police station with no ticket.

Anyway I can't complain, one $6 ticket out of 20 illegal parks is pretty cheap.

Now I just pay the whopping 5 baht to park at Fortune Town just so I don't have this hassle again.

To support what was mentioned earlier, my landlord who has driven here 30 years says any outstanding tickets will catch up with you at registration but the late fine is minimal, like 50 baht or less.

So if you intend to keep your car/bike then you may as well pay the fine.

If you plan to buy a used bike, run the VIN so you don't end up paying the seller's fines.

Since I look Asian I might get away with more than most Farangs.

I've ridden illegally 90% of the past 1800 KMs since I'm usually in the fast lane, doing U-turns, and riding overpasses.

I've only been nicked 2 times moving for a total of 700 Baht (would have been less if I didn't look Japanese).

That's a cheap penalty to save so much time and to be safe; I will be paying more fines soon.

Anyway, If any of you care about avoiding/paying fines I suggest you read the driving laws of Thailand (search the threads).

Then you can get an understanding of the fine amounts and realize almost everything you do to preserve your time and safety riding here is illegal.

Not much you can do about the laws, so you just gotta decide what's worth paying for and live with it.

IMHO.

If it were a serious fine your bike would have been chained up.

If at some point in the future they catch up with you, explain that some twit on the internet suggested that you say that you paid the fine to a passing policemen who saw you find the ticket. "He said it was all OK to pay on the spot."

IME, official fines are 400 Baht paid at the station with paperwork filled out and copies given to you.

Orright, I know I'm tugging at straws, but if I recall, you mentioned that he left the paperwork for this fine in your helmet, so doesn't that mean that if you'd never have left the helmet on your bike when you parked it, then you would not have been fined?

I think you should take this up with the Health Department, and sue the blighter who abused your sense of road-safety for the sake of a small parking fine! :)

Now the matter in question is not the ticket, the matter in question is how are they planning to act on it if i do not pay and why bother issuing it when there are no guarantees it will be paid?

The above quote helped me understand .Ok now i better understand the question you present. Sorry seems some of us got caught up in giving advice you werenot looking for. Your question if I understand this right is can you fail to pay the ticket with no consequences. I also donot know but if you think you can get away without paying and have no recourse after all this input fill your boots. But please if in the future it comes back to bite you please let us know, ok

How do you know the ticket is yours ,aybe so,eone else got the ticket and put it in your helmet hoping you would pay it

Aha, i was smart i check if it had my number plate and it did

my nouvo was moved to a pedestrian crossing, chainlocked and fined by police. 3 am not a chance to get it unlocked by police, broke the chain with bike tools under the seat and went home. thats 2 years ago. still havent been to court :)

200 baht :) , have you thought about writing a letter to someone important, perhaps you could start with one chief of police or something.

I now understand how people have thousand posts in the aviator! They basically post whatever on every "THREAD"

Reading Thaivisa, you have a useless comment on every posting. Have you ever considered contributing something useful?

200 baht :) , have you thought about writing a letter to someone important, perhaps you could start with one chief of police or something.

best post of this thread (not threat as the OP keeps on writing) so far !

Thanks for the lesson in English, you must be teacher?!!!?? Let me go back and change the topic to English spelling education

best post of this thread (not threat as the OP keeps on writing) so far !

Thanks for the lesson in English, you must be teacher?!!!?? Let me go back and change the topic to English spelling education

Look on the bright side of the road, mate. At least you never got fined 400 baht for riding in the right-hand lane, (which is only there for ornamental purposes and Mercedes Benzes).