Parking Fine, While I Was Not There. Some Advice Please

kuffki

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now the matter in question is not the ticket, the matter in question is how are they planning to act on it if i do not pay and why bother issuing it when there are no guarantees it will be paid?

The above quote helped me understand .Ok now i better understand the question you present. Sorry seems some of us got caught up in giving advice you werenot looking for. Your question if I understand this right is can you fail to pay the ticket with no consequences. I also donot know but if you think you can get away without paying and have no recourse after all this input fill your boots. But please if in the future it comes back to bite you please let us know, ok

You got it, if this ticket is enforceable in some way, that means police can just drive around drop around tickets on the vehicles and people are just expected to pay? i do not think its the case. The more responses i read from people who actually contributed relevant information, the more i see that this kind of tickets are aimed at dead brains like a few posters here, that will just pay anything because either they scared or can not be bothered or whatever the brain dead reasons could be.

It is not the question of 100 or 200 or 500 baht, should this kind of "scam" work, it will spread faster then you can say "cat in the hat", i am sure then all the dead beats will be posting how they been fined for no reason and discussing how corruption and extortion is very bad in Thailand what should be done. Yet every scam, every extortion did start start somewhere small and just grew from there.

PS. to all the smart remarks about writing letters and all other crap, i only wish i had such a wonderful and troublesome life in Thailand and was happy to be extorted on daily or weekly basis

^ Ohh me thinks Sean that with an attitude like this, the OP is going to experience a range of different fines. :)

Your wittiness becomes you, yet another useless response but the posts are growing :D

Just pay the dam_n thing already :)

Excellent post, with vast experience and totally related to the threat!

Threat?! The more you post the more obvious it is that you are not playing with a full deck... :D

i AM SORRY, your response and its relevance clearly shows your deck, does not it?

Threat?! The more you post the more obvious it is that you are not playing with a full deck... :D

full deck, Tony theres not even half a deck there mate :D

full deck, Tony theres not even half a deck there mate :D

Great to see you have friends with whom you are on the first name basis.and have found some common ground and yet both have nothing of a value to contribute! Thank god for the forums, cause what else would 2 of you do besides being so witty

So, are you going to pay this huge fine, or are you going to be an outlaw?

I think i am going to wait it out and see what happens.

Will be interesting to know how this sort of things work in Thailand

I know in OZ, you have 28 days to pay, if you have not paid, you get a letter to remind you, giving another 14 days. After that final notice with 10 days and after that license is cancelled.

If the fine was not given to me in person but left on the bike, i do not consider receiving it.

Will have to wait and see

I know in OZ, you have 28 days to pay, if you have not paid, you get a letter to remind you, giving another 14 days. After that final notice with 10 days and after that license is cancelled.

If the fine was not given to me in person but left on the bike, i do not consider receiving it.

Well that would depend on what part of Oz ur in, but a fatal mistake that you are making is that you are not in oz and what you consider 'served' is highly irrelative to the thai system. :)

Well that would depend on what part of Oz ur in, but a fatal mistake that you are making is that you are not in oz and what you consider 'served' is highly irrelative to the thai system. :)

And once again another useless post

1. have you had any experience with this?

2. have you been fined before without even being there, did not pay and had some consequences?

3. have you ever been served in Thailand with anything?

4. have you ever studied Thai Law or made enquiries with the lawyers about what is considered served or not?

From all your posts the answer would be NO, so please enlighten me to your position to offer advice on the matter or in fact your opinion! keeping in mind that i did not ask for opinion unless had experience

Edited by kuffki

Answer 1. Yes.

Answer 2. Yes I have but no I wasnt too tight to pay.

Answer 3. Yes.

Answer 4. No.

So if you do not know Thai law in regards to what is considered as being served, how exactly do you know what is being considered as served in Thailand?

And if you have been fined and paid the fine, how exactly did you have experience with the consequences?

^The issue of 'Service' of a Traffic notice (which includes parking fines) is all covered in Section 140 of the 'Land Traffic Act B.E. 2522 (1979).

The notice was served upon you in accordance with that act. Simple.

^The issue of 'Service' of a Traffic notice (which includes parking fines) is all covered in Section 140 of the 'Land Traffic Act B.E. 2522 (1979).

Right LOL, very extensive knowledge of Thai law :)

I have been fined before, for parking but all other bikes were fined too. So seems fair, i believe i payed 200bt. This was in BKK however.

I really dont understand the poster just does not pay up, no sense in not paying as it might catch up with you someday and its not a major amount.

I have been fined before, for parking but all other bikes were fined too. So seems fair, i believe i payed 200bt. This was in BKK however.

I really dont understand the poster just does not pay up, no sense in not paying as it might catch up with you someday and its not a major amount.

Thats the point, all other bikes were NOT.

Who says that other bikes were not fined, these bikes might have been there later as yours. Owners might have taken the bill away already. Did you ever think of that one ?

Who says that other bikes were not fined, these bikes might have been there later as yours. Owners might have taken the bill away already. Did you ever think of that one ?

The entire street block of bikes? do not forget i never said i parked illegally, i said because there is a fine, hypothetically it was illegal. No markings on the road or signs and bikes and cars parked on both sides of the street.

Right LOL, very extensive knowledge of Thai law :D

I must also point out to you kuffki, that Section 59 of the 'Land Traffic Act B.E. 2522 (1979)' gives the police officer the powers to either move the owner of the illegally parked motorcycle on, or issue a fine or clamp the wheels etc. Section 140 talks about the appropriate service of the infringement.

If you want to discuss the Australian Road Rules, which were either accepted by each state of Australia or partly accepted by a number of the states, then feel free to contact me, I acted as an advisory to the committee that was set up in order to write that act of parliment.

If you like you can provide me a description of where your motorcycle was parked and I will tell you which offence you were probably booked for..... :D (for a fee).

Ohh and stop being so tight, pay the fine and move on, thank your lucky stars that this guy booked you and not someone like me because you wouldnt of got of so lightly. :):D

Right LOL, very extensive knowledge of Thai law :D

I must also point out to you kuffki, that Section 59 of the 'Land Traffic Act B.E. 2522 (1979)' gives the police officer the powers to either move the owner of the illegally parked motorcycle on, or issue a fine or clamp the wheels etc. Section 140 talks about the appropriate service of the infringement.

If you want to discuss the Australian Road Rules, which were either accepted by each state of Australia or partly accepted by a number of the states, then feel free to contact me, I acted as an advisory to the committee that was set up in order to write that act of parliment.

If you like you can provide me a description of where your motorcycle was parked and I will tell you which offence you were probably booked for..... :D (for a fee).

Ohh and stop being so tight, pay the fine and move on, thank your lucky stars that this guy booked you and not someone like me because you wouldnt of got of so lightly. :):D

Since you were such an important figure in Australia and clearly an expert on Thailand, you can get all the info from the fine which was scanned and posted.

For a fee??? do you have a work permit? i would not want to break any Thai laws by allowing someone to work without relevant work permit

Sorry I only saw the photo of the retarded policeman and was laughing so much i missed your post.

In red at the top of the ticket there is an instruction to pay the fine within 7 days at the police station or your green book can be confiscated.

Your bike is a Honda PCX Black in colour.

This happened yesterday in Chonburi somewhere, sorry im not familar with that area, in other words I dont know that road.

The ticket says you were booked for breaching two regulations, one being that where you were parked prevented cars from passing the point or obscured traffic (something like that) and on the other section ticket it says something about parking on the incorrect side of the road (they must have alternate parking there, ie odds and evens for parking on one side of the road to another. it says there was a sign in the area.

Having not noticed that before I thought you may have been booked for parking too close to a corner or something obscure like that and as I said im not familiar with that area.

Anyway, personally if i were you i would pay it, of course your other option is you can let it ride and you will never know when and if it may pop up and bite you in the backside. :D

Up to you big fella. :)

Sorry I only saw the photo of the retarded policeman and was laughing so much i missed your post.

In red at the top of the ticket there is an instruction to pay the fine within 7 days at the police station or your green book can be confiscated.

Your bike is a Honda PCX Black in colour.

This happened yesterday in Chonburi somewhere, sorry im not familar with that area, in other words I dont know that road.

The ticket says you were booked for breaching two regulations, one being that where you were parked prevented cars from passing the point or obscured traffic (something like that) and on the other section ticket it says something about parking on the incorrect side of the road (they must have alternate parking there, ie odds and evens for parking on one side of the road to another. it says there was a sign in the area.

Having not noticed that before I thought you may have been booked for parking too close to a corner or something obscure like that and as I said im not familiar with that area.

Anyway, personally if i were you i would pay it, of course your other option is you can let it ride and you will never know when and if it may pop up and bite you in the backside. :D

Up to you big fella. :)

Yep not bad, everything you understood from the fine is correct, however none of the breaches are.

I parked on the "right" side of the road according to odd/even days and was nowhere near the corner to obstruct anything.

Rest assured if the bike was obstructing, it would of been impounded and towed away.

I find that one the funniest one. Every day driving around, there hundreds of f&^%$k tards just parking in lane with 2 way traffic where 2 cars can hardly fit, or better yet stopping or parking on the corner, blocking the traffic or deciding to pull over in the middle of the road and so many times it is done in front of the cops eyes-and no problem

Cars going on to the other side of the road/opposite side making other side 1 lane less again in front of the cops and nothing is done, but should a foreigner do the same-well thats braking Thai law.

Bikes or cars overtaking you on the right while you are turning right and het again no problem for the police.

This time they will have to work for their money.

To confiscate the green book, they will need to make all the contacts to find out who i am and where i am, then they will need to wait until i get the green book from the shop.

^No me thinks that its just one of those 'hurry along' stamps that govt officials put on documents. I don't feel they will come looking for your book, they simply don't have that much time for 200 baht HOWEVER, its when you least expect it that something will happen and this will raise its ugly head so you have two choices,

1. Pay the fine and build a bridge.

2. Contest the fine.

Leaving it may end up causing you troubles later on (MAY) and of course when you bring your arguement out in 2013 after an accident or something, nobody is going to take your claim seriously, they probably wont anyway.

A short funny story for you. A few years ago I was on a break in Phuket. This was back in my drinking days, anyway I went out for dinner and ended up bumping into an old friend and that resulted in me having a few unplanned drinks....ANYWAY, after leaving some fine establishment to go home I decided to leave my hire motorcycle where I had parked it and caught a tuk tuk to the resort I was staying at. The following morning I got a lift back to where I had left my hire bike & you guessed it, it was fined and chained. So I takes myself and the fine down to the Police Station and go thru the whole rigmarole of having the officer put my ticket on his spike and waiting to be called so I could pay the fine. Half an hour later I was finally called and the officer asked me why I had parked my bike illegally. I told him that I went out the night before, not normally being a drinker but had decided to have a few beers with a friend and took a tuk tuk home so as not to drive drunk. He stamped the fine, took my money and then told me not to be so 'stupid' next time.... :) I left there speachless and when I got back to my bike it was being unchained. GO FIGURE.

Anyway, i digress, so either you pay up, go see the police cheif but just doing NOTHING is a bad option in my opinion.

To confiscate the green book, they will need to make all the contacts to find out who i am and where i am, then they will need to wait until i get the green book from the shop.

From what I can see on the ticket is that it has a license plate with Thai letters so it must be registered already since the red license plates are with English letters.Anyway the red license plates are registered in the police computer because they are supplied by the local police station.Takes them only a minute to find out.

200 baht :) , have you thought about writing a letter to someone important, perhaps you could start with one chief of police or something.

best post of this thread (not threat as the OP keeps on writing) so far !

Thanks for the lesson in English, you must be teacher?!!!?? Let me go back and change the topic to English spelling education

Look on the bright side of the road, mate. At least you never got fined 400 baht for riding in the right-hand lane, (which is only there for ornamental purposes and Mercedes Benzes).

Sean, you forgot VIP buses!