Maintenance / Association Fees

fresnoboy

I'm curious about the amount that residents pay for maintenance/association fees in villages of Rayong province.

This past Christmas we were told that there would be a 66% increase in the dues.

Needless to say, many balked at that news, and at this time the increase has been rescinded.

However, it does not mean that it is off the table for next year.

Just to give you an idea, from 15 Bht p/ Talang wa to 25 Bht p/ Talang wa.

IF there were improvements that justified an increase in the dues, then I think that WE should have been told before-hand.

I never have believed the story of, "...just give us the money, and we'll let you know what we spent it for."

Any thoughts ?

You didn't say what the term of the maintenance fee was; monthly or yearly?

IF there were improvements that justified an increase in the dues then that should be communicated to the villagers.

It's also not just about improvements but also how the existing properties are being maintained like security, lighting, parks, trash, tree trims and general looks.

I think as long as the villagers stick together you should have no problems even if it's brought up again.

I'm in a new village in Nonthaburi and the charge is 20 TB/Talang Wa per month which is paid in one lump sum each year.

• 1 month later...

Sorry about the delay in replying; been on vacation and don't have access all the time.

The dues are p/m and can be paid all at once or monthly. They have NEVER mentioned what they plan to do w/ the increase, they just want it.

There are MANY things to be done but why weren't some of these things done with the original amount of 15 Bht per Talang Wa.

247 houses with an average of 1500 Bht p/m adds up to a lot of money. Where did it go ?