None Emergency Medical Checks.

Richb2004v2

Where would you go for medical checks in the Ban Chang area?

I was advised by my works doctor to get a blood pressure check with the view to possibly needing medication. I've bought a blood pressure monitor and checked it for the past two weeks. Other than an occasional unusual reading it has been ok, but I would still like a proper check.

Any advice about where to go?

Hello Richard, and first of all thank you for the phone call on Tuesday morning when I ran out of benzine not far from your local minimart. It meant a lot to know that there are friends around to offer assistance when it looks like someone needs it. Much appreciate the call, thanks.

I've only been to the Bangkok-Rayong Hospital for treatment (that blasted lump on my back in January) and they're top class but expensive if it's not covered by health insurance. However I was also told about a reputable clinic in Ban Chang by a helpful fellow down at the Camel Pub a couple of days earlier, though I didn't end up visiting as my health insurance came through for the Bkk-Rayong option. Apparently, I'm, told that some of the staff speak good English, and I'd guess it must be on Soi 27, although I was only given directions from the Camel Pub, and those were to take the soi running eastward from the pub, and then turn right at the next soi, heading back towards Sukhumvit.

I'm sorry for such vague details. I'm sure that the afternoon staff at the pub can provide more exact directions to the clinic in the next soi, as it seems fairly well known.

No problem Sean.

I might nip along to Bangkok-Rayong. The only thing that puts me off is that it seems a bit of a trial to claim on the health insurance. Last time I got the paperwork only to find out after the visit that I should have had the doctor fill it in! I can't imagine it cost much for a blood pressure check though.

Soi 25 where the Camel is go to Sukhumvit. Take a left, go south towards Rayong for 20 meters. Across the street and next to the open air restaurant and next to the new Thai bar and little bus station is a large modern looking clinic. The doctors speak English. They do blood pressure checks. They are open early in the morning and in the afternoon after 5 PM. You know the big white 11 story condo? Across the street and a little to the right.